Rashad Evans vs Ryan Bader official for UFC 192.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
mmafighting.com said:
Rashad Evans will be making his long-awaited return to the Octagon this fall.

On UFC Tonight Wednesday, UFC president Dana White announced that Evans will face Ryan Bader at UFC 192 in Houston. That event takes place on Oct. 3 at the Toyota Center.

Evans last fought in Nov. 2013 at UFC 167, meaning it will be nearly two years between bouts for the former UFC light heavyweight champion. In that fight, Evans defeated Chael Sonnen via first round TKO. Before that, Evans earned a split decision victory over Dan Henderson at UFC 161.

Bader, meanwhile, is riding a four-fight win streak that dates back to 2013. In his last fight in January, Bader defeated Phil Davis at UFC on FOX 14 via unanimous decision. After that win, Bader was slated to fight eventual 205-pound champion Daniel Cormier in June, yet Cormier was plucked from the card to face Anthony Johnson at UFC 187.

Bader had been campaigning for a title shot against Cormier, and the two had an altercation at the UFC 187 post-fight press conference. However, the UFC has elected to have Swedish fighter Alexander Gustafsson get the next shot.

Daniel Cormier said:
Ryan Bader, go out and earn your title shot, bud. Let's see what you can do. Now beat Rashad Evans, then you can come get beat up by me."

Author: MMA Fighting Newswire

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Good to see Rashad back, I'm always a fan of him. He kinda reminds me of a 205 version of mighty mouse with his unpredictable knockout power as well as his incredible level changes, it's awesome to see a guy at 205 move as quick as he does.

As for Ryan Bader, I'm pretty sure more than enough people here know what I think of that buffoon now-a-days. :lol: