Randy Orton's status (spoilers for Smackdown tapings)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
As noted earlier, Randy Orton was injured at last night's SmackDown tapings in Indianapolis during the Falls Count Anywhere main event against Wade Barrett. Orton has been removed from this week's live events.

Word backstage was that Orton suffered some sort of back injury and it has to do with at least one of the discs in his back. Orton could miss up to 6 months of in-ring time, causing him to miss WrestleMania 28. An official update from WWE should be available soon.

Source: PWInsider.com

Oh sweet buttery Jesus, ANOTHER INJURED SUPERSTAR??

Christian, Mysterio, Del Rio, Henry, and now Orton. (the last three like a month apart)

As I mentioned in another topic, definitely not a good year for WWE.

Unless this whole injury turns out to be an angle...

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It looks a hell of a lot like an angle but apparently it's legit. I'm weary though due to the speed of which WWE of all people reported it.

Horrible timing for Orton this close to WM, especially considering many had him pegged to win the Royal Rumble. Hopefully it's not as serious as thought.

This could be huge for Sheamus though, someone will need to take Orton's spot on the brand.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Great there goes my daniel Bryan vs Randy orton at wrestlemania dream match

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
It looks a hell of a lot like an angle but apparently it's legit. I'm weary though due to the speed of which WWE of all people reported it.

Horrible timing for Orton this close to WM, especially considering many had him pegged to win the Royal Rumble. Hopefully it's not as serious as thought.

This could be huge for Sheamus though, someone will need to take Orton's spot on the brand.

I absolutely agree.

I wonder if Orton was scheduled to win the Royal Rumble (RR12 is taking place in his hometown). I guess Sheamus may replace him as the winner, which should do nothing but good for his career. His character has been incredibly stagnant in the last couple of months. He really needs actual storylines, rather than random superstarts to face every week.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cena goes to Smackdown after his feud with the Rock is over.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I reckon if anyone goes over to Smackdown it'll be CM Punk. Then again, with the supershow angle at the moment, they don't really need to move anyone, just keep having them turn up there.

But defo Punk or Cena.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Punk would on SD! awesome. But he's quite busy as the Raw champion. And as you mentioned, the Supershow thing assures the biggest stars from both to appear on both show.

Maybe Henry will return in time for Elimination Chamber and win the belt from Bryan. As sad as it is, I don't think WWE trust Bryan enough to keep the belt at WM. So my guess is Henry wins it at the EC PPV and faces Sheamus at WM.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
aw to bad that Randy Orton will be out for six months....

maybe I will start watching again

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Look I'm pretty sure that orton was gonna win the RR because it's in his home town.
Now that he's gone I see wade Barrett or Sheamus win

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
oh people automatically win things when the PPV in there hometown huh?

Castiel

Reaction score
Yup, nobody ever loses in their hometown. Totally right, dude. (btw, that's sarcasm in case you couldn't tell)
Orton's actually been really awesome this year, I'll give him credit, sucks to see him hurt. It's a good thing they've got the brand extension done with now with all these injuries. Right now is the time to give Sheamus direction and let him take the ball again!

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Haven't WWE fucked up JR at his hometown?

Didn't the Montreal Screw Job happen in Bret Hart homeland?

Wwe fucks up JR in every city in the united states and the montreal screwjob was the most infamous moment in history

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I do hope Sheamus gets his push and that Orton comes back as a heel...and attacks Sheamus...would be a great feud methinks

Reactions: 1 person