Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swinny

Reaction score
I don't know, I might be in the minority that thinks American Psycho is just "ok". Never been the biggest fan.

Get outta here with your proving me wrong right off the bat! :lol:

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Just saw Gone Girl. Holy fuck it was good.

Castiel

Reaction score
I keep hearing about Gone Girl and that Affleck is great in it but that's all I know. No idea what it's about, haven't even seen the trailer. Looking at the cast though, NPH's inclusion in a serious movie interests me greatly and Tyler Perry in serious roles will always be weird to me. Additionally there's the chick from the Blurred Lines video and Penny from Happy Endings... the strangeness of this cast is kinda wonderful. Plus, Scoot McNairy is great! Which reminds me, I recently watched Killing Me Softly and that's a damn fine film. So much better than I expected.

Fuji needs to get in here and tell me about this movie and if it's really good.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Haven't seen it but I read the book recently and it was pretty good. I expect the movie to be good as well, provided they don't fuck with the source material too much.

I watched Children of the Corn 3, 4 and 5 yesterday. Considering their budget and acting restraints, they really weren't all that bad.

EDIT: Also, just watching Poltergeist II and man, it fucking sucks. :lol:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Haven't seen it but I read the book recently and it was pretty good. I expect the movie to be good as well, provided they don't fuck with the source material too much.

I watched Children of the Corn 3, 4 and 5 yesterday. Considering their budget and acting restraints, they really weren't all that bad.

The Poltergeist movies dropped way off after the first one.

I don't remember much of the Children of the Corn movies but I think one of the channels like TNT or TBS played out one of them all the time I think it was 4

Swinny

Reaction score

Really? I thought Poltergeist II was a good sequel, flawed but Rev. Henry Kane is one of the creepiest horror movie villains of all time and thought it was very entertaining. But when it comes to Poltergeist I even enjoyed the III for what it was (and what it was was essentially a bad movie, but still :lol:)

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Really? I thought Poltergeist II was a good sequel, flawed but Rev. Henry Kane is one of the creepiest horror movie villains of all time and thought it was very entertaining. But when it comes to Poltergeist I even enjoyed the III for what it was (and what it was was essentially a bad movie, but still :lol:)

Kane was good and I'm always happy to see Chief from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in anything, but that's about all I got out of it. I've got III saved on my PVR so I'll probably give it a watch tomorrow.

Watching the 1989 Phantom of the Opera that stars Robert Englund and is directed by Dwight H. Little. So far, not bad, but I'm only 20 minutes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swinny

Reaction score
Haven't seen that one, but as far as Phantom of the Opera is concerned I'm a big fan of the 1925 version with Lon Chaney, my favourite silent horror movie. So I recommend that for anyone who hasn't seen it and in interested in silent horror movies and such.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Haven't seen that one, but as far as Phantom of the Opera is concerned I'm a big fan of the 1925 version with Lon Chaney, my favourite silent horror movie. So I recommend that for anyone who hasn't seen it and in interested in silent horror movies and such.

For sure, that's a classic and there's no way this will be better. More interested in the Englund/Halloween 4 director pairing than anything else.

Castiel

Reaction score
Yo, Poltergeist 3 is the best of the series

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Well, Phantom of the Opera was alright. Gorier than I expected and a really powerful performance from Englund in the lead.

Now watching Brain Dead, starring Bill Pullman, Bill Paxton and Bud Cort. After that, the Friday the 13th marathon begins!!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Finally watched Wolf Of Wall Street.

Good movie, but fuck me it's long.