Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The Wind Rises was awesome. I'm struggling to come up with the words to describe it, the film simply has to be seen to be understood. It's everything you want from Miyazaki and more and I couldn't think of a more fitting end to a career if he is indeed hanging it up. The US voice cast is superb, with Joseph Gordon-Levitt leading the way and one of my favourite directors of all time, Werner Herzog, makes a cameo as a German living in Japan. His distinctive voice is perfect for the character, as everyone else's is as well. I really can't say enough good things about the film though I won't say that I think its better than Spirited Away or Grave of the Fireflies. Definitely close, and as I said before, as fitting an end to a career that I can think of.

GO SEE IT NOW~!

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I can't see it now it's only j like 200 theaters. I really want to see ot.

using facial recognition on my galaxy s4

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I can't see it now it's only j like 200 theaters. I really want to see ot.
I'm pretty sure its expanding to national release this weekend.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
They are doing a limited expansion I think to 1200 theaters

using facial recognition on my galaxy s4

Joey

Reaction score
So, over the last few weeks, i watched some movies i had not seen.

- A Clockwork Orange

- Donnie Darko

- Princess Bride

So, first off, I saw Princess Bride last day of school before February vacation. It was a quirky, fun story about a damsel, and her knight in shining armor, more like a zorro costume if you ask me. Dry comedy seems to always get me, and there were moments during the film where i was cracking up laughing. To my surprise Andre The Giant played one of the lead roles, he did quite well. I'll probably watch it again when i want to have a good laugh. 7/10

I saw Donnie Darko at my friend Anthony's house, and at that point i had only heard of it. I knew it had something to do with a bunny rabbit man, and some dreams or something. Let me say this, it was quite the ride. It captured corners of emotion and feeling, i connected well with the main character, played by Jake Gyllenhaal, Donnie. The film featured good comedy relief clips, and some awesome references. It ended up to be a total mind fuck, actually, it was a mind fuck from the beginning i just didnt know until the end. The dry and eerie filter, and use of drab colors embraced a dark, spooky mood, without scaring the shit out of you. I found the acting to be spectacular, and i had alot of fun watching. 9/10

And that leaves A Clockwork Orange. Since i watched it for the first time last sunday, i've watched it three times. It actually might score as my favorite film of all time. I had no idea what i was getting myself into when my friend told me to watch it. I had thousands of questions to ask during, but as everything unraveled i started to understand what was going on. The acting was phenomenal, it might be one of the most creative films of all time in my opinion. It was controversial, disturbing, quirky, sad, uplifting, and confusing all at the same time. By my second time watching it i pulled everything together and realized what a masterpiece it truly is. I love the film, i'll be watching it again, very soon. 10/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Just watched Mitt Romney's documentary on Netflix.

Really enjoyed it, a fantastic insight to his two campaigns, would highly recommend it to others.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Just watched Mitt Romney's documentary on Netflix.

Really enjoyed it, a fantastic insight to his two campaigns, would highly recommend it to others.

Would you have voted for him if you'd had the opportunity?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Swinny

Reaction score
I watched Ernest & Celestine today, what a fantastic, charming little animated movie that is. Love the animation and a surprising amount of big laughs too. I'd kinda love to see this one pick up the upset over the more well-known movies and win the Oscar.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I watched Ernest & Celestine today, what a fantastic, charming little animated movie that is. Love the animation and a surprising amount of big laughs too. I'd kinda love to see this one pick up the upset over the more well-known movies and win the Oscar.
Just downloaded so I'll watch it shortly but I can't see it being better than The Wind Rises. I'd love to see either of them win the award, but there's no way the Disney machine is stopping Frozen from picking it up tomorrow.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Would you have voted for him if you'd had the opportunity?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
I haven't looked into his policies that much to really judge whether I would or not, as someone who does not live in America I haven't heard as much about him as Americans have. I like what I hear about him but there could be numerous bad policies he has that I have not heard.

Swinny

Reaction score
Just downloaded so I'll watch it shortly but I can't see it being better than The Wind Rises. I'd love to see either of them win the award, but there's no way the Disney machine is stopping Frozen from picking it up tomorrow.

I haven't seen The Wind Rises yet, only one of the category I haven't seen, but Frozen really didn't do much for me at all. Definitely my least favorite of the nominees.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Holy shit, I just won two passes to see an advanced screening of Jason Bateman's new movie "Bad Words" tomorrow night. SICK~!

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Holy shit, I just won two passes to see an advanced screening of Jason Bateman's new movie "Bad Words" tomorrow night. SICK~!

dude I so want to see that movie.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So yeah, saw Bad Words last night and while I don't have time to type out a review right now I have to say it was awesome. Really funny but dark comedy with a load of nasty and sometimes racist jokes. Bateman took a real chance on this one so I hope it pays off. It's definitely enough to piss off the PC crowd, so let's hope it does!

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Saw Non-Stop today, really enjoyed it.

Liam Neeson plus a gun usually equates to quite an enjoyable film so it's nothing less than I expect.