R-Truth US Champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I thought that a midcard title win for R-Truth was well overdue. When he returned to WWE in 2008 I thought that he would easily be a strong contender in either brands midcard title scene. He did have some title shots during his time on Smackdown for the US title and even for the World Title at Elimination Chamber yet he was never really pushed as a threat.

Since his trade to RAW though he has been on the receiving end of a good push. First in his mini-feud with a rising star in Ted DiBiase which even resulted in a PPV singles match. Then the next night from that PPV match he won the vacated US title.

I am glad that he has finally won a title which is a tick of how confident the company is in you. The guy has the charisma and the skills to be a solid US champion and an upper midcarder on RAW.

RAW currently has a stack of potential challengers for him so over the next few months I hope to see him featured in some great feuds which can strengthen the position of the US title.

What do you think about R-Truth as US Champion?

rey619

Reaction score
I disagree with you on the company having faith in him, if they had faith he would have had better chances in the past. Now i feel they gave him the strap because Miz no longer needed to get over he held it for a long time and imo did well with Brett and the hart Dynasty. At present WWE are searching for the next top black wrestler (sorry if that was raciest). But i feel they just threw him the strap to see if he can be that person which i don't think he can be.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Fair points, I thought that for a long time WWE missed out on him when he never won a midcard title after being on Smackdown for quite some time and since he was quite over with the crowd. I think that they do have some faith in him now and believe that he can do well as a midcard champion, whether he can go further I don't know, it all depends on how he progresses as a character. I have read that aswell that WWE are searching for an African-American wrestler to push to gain them key demographic ratings. They don't have that many to chose from with MVP and Kofi being the only other strong contenders since I don't see Mark Henry doing much anymore.

I think that he can be a solid midcard title holder but I don't think that he will be a maineventer or a World title holder in WWE.

rey619

Reaction score
For sure he will never make it to the top of the food chain unless he develops a great gimmick and really gets over, they really dropped the ball when he first came i thought he should have been the one to beat Shelton for the strap as they could have both worked really well together and made a good feud. I hope for his sake he does do ok with this run because if he doesn't i see him turning into Mark Henry and just sort of kept around for shits n giggles and thrown into random teams.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With his current gimmick he can't make it to the top, it is too gimmicky if that makes sense. Plus all he does is come to the ring with What's Up and that is basically his gimmick. He needs something more concrete to make it further. Him and Shelton feuding over the title would have been good to see, would have been much better for Truth if he was pushed strongly early in his return. I think that he has a much greater chance of succeeding than Henry since he can actual wrestle whereas Henry is just a blob.