PWG: Battle Of Los Angeles 2014 (NIGHT 3 PREVIEW VIDEO!)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Re: PWG: Battle Of Los Angeles 2014

PWG is so strange. All the worlds greatest come together to put on the best shows but it's hidden away in Reseda and you can't watch it online. Definitely suggest buying the DVDs though, Joey!

That 6 man has me super excited. Bound to be mega fun. Gulak/O'Reilly is sure to be masterful as well, surely they've faced somewhere (noteworthy) before, right?

Joey

Reaction score

Yeah ive been trying to get into indy stuff for a while but i havent been able to cause it seems like you cant watch em anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Postman Dave

Reaction score

ACH vs. Kenny Omega in tournament action added to night 2, along with The Young Bucks vs. Bad Influence

Night 1 sees Wrestling's Cutest Tag Team vs. Bad Influence vs. Inner City Machine Guns

So that confirms Ricochet & Rich Swann for tournament action on night 2

Castiel

Reaction score

Night 1

First Round
Drew Gulak vs Kyle O'Reilly
AJ Styles vs Brian Myers
Trevor Lee vs Cedric Alexander
Tommaso Ciampa vs Michael Elgin
Roderick Strong vs Biff Busick
AR Fox vs Brian Cage

Mount Rushmore (Young Bucks and Adam Cole) vs Best Friends of Low Moral Fiber (Chuck Taylor, Kenny Omega and Trent?)
Bad Influence vs World's Cutest Tag Team vs The Inner City Machine Guns

Night 2

First Round
ACH vs Kenny Omega
Ricochet vs Chris Sabin
Matt Sydal vs Chris Hero
Chuck Taylor vs Johnny Gargano
Trent? vs Rich Swann
Zack Sabre Jr. vs Adam Cole

Bad Influence vs Young Bucks
Gulak/Busick vs Unbreakable F'N Machines

Well there's our first two nights. Third obviously to be decided. Some incredible match ups. I do hate the fact that either Cage or Fox (not a big fan of either) have to advance while so many others are destined to be dropped in the third round, but so many good matches which is probably better. Again, non-tournament tags catch my interest, the 3 way tag is an crazy clash of styles.

Well there you have WP, BOLA 2014 is stacked! Who you got? What matches are you most excited for? There's plenty of big names here so even the most casual of indy fans should take notice and leave a reply!

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Just did a predicting with the first round matches, and man do I have a lot of special guests going out early.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Styles v Meyers and Sydal v Hero are gonna be dope as F

Reactions: 1 person

Castiel

Reaction score

Just did a predicting with the first round matches, and man do I have a lot of special guests going out early.

I hope you're wrong... some have to be staying as regulars so hopefully we get a good few new guys going to the second round. BIFF PLEASE!

Styles v Meyers and Sydal v Hero are gonna be dope as F

Without a doubt! A lot to prove in those matches, Myers making his debut and two big returns after years away. Hopefully Myers has a better first showing than Trent? originally did but with an opponent like AJ, how could he not?

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I wish he would have used the name Curt?

Castiel

Reaction score

:lol: in an ideal world...

Postman Dave

Reaction score

So, to bring thinga up to date:

There's a good chance both Trent? and AR Fox will miss the tournament due to injury. Brian Cage is also a doubt. Coincidentally, Fox and Cage are scheduled to wrestle each other in Round 1 so potentially interesting development coming there.

The WCTT match on night 2 will probably be for the tag titles now.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Night 1
First Round: TJ Perkins d. Bobby Fish by reversing the Fish Hook into a pin attempt
First Round: Roderick Strong d. Biff Busick via orange crush backbreaker
First Round: Trevor Lee d. Cedric Alexander via orange crush
PWG Tag Team Titles: Joey Ryan and Candice LeRae (c) d. Rich Swann and Ricochet, Kazarian and Daniels when LeRae hits a reverse hurricanrana on Swann
First Round: Michael Elgin d. Tommaso Ciampa via lariat
First Round: AJ Styles d. Brian Myers via boston crab. They were apparently going for the Styles Clash but had to readjust
First Round: PWG Champion Kyle O’Reilly d. Drew Gulak via cross armbreaker
Main Event: Kenny Omega, Chuck Taylor, and Zack Sabre, Jr. d. Adam Cole and the Young Bucks when Taylor hits the Awful Waffle on Cole.

Night 2
First Round: Candice LeRae d. Rich Swann via cradle
First Round: Johnny Gargano d. Chuck Taylor via Gargan-No Escape
First Round: Ricochet d. Chris Sabin via 630 splash
Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly d. Drew Gulak and Biff Busick via Chasing the Dragon on Gulak
First Round: Matt Sydal d. Chris Hero via shooting star splash
First Round: Zack Sabre, Jr. d. Adam Cole via O’Connar roll
First Round: Kenny Omega d. ACH via Croyt’s Wrath
Main Event: Matt and Nick Jackson (The Young Bucks) d. Christopher Daniels and Kazarian via spike tombstone

PWPonderings

No matched confirmed for tonight's finale as of yet, but a lot of potential there. Thankfully night 2 had a lot more surprises than night 1.

Adam Cole's losing streak continues, as he's now been pinned in every match since losing the PWG title.

reDragon vs. Gulak/Busick sounds like a blast.

Apparently, the match of the weekend so far has been Omega/ACH, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Castiel

Reaction score

Ohhh but it wasn't any ordinary tombstone that put away Daniels and Kazarian, thanks to some weird Matt Jackson RP account on Twitter here's a picture of the 450 Tombstone process!

BwYZrr0CYAA2jrx.jpg

ACH/Omega sounds like so much fun, really wish ACH would've won though. I guess they don't get Omega often so they want to use him a bit more though. Big question is can anyone besides O'Reilly beat AJ Styles? Can't imagine the IWGP champ losing to just anyone, would they put enough stock in Trevor Lee to have him go over?

Castiel

Reaction score

Gargano def. Candice
Ricochet def. TJP
Trevor Lee def. Michael Elgin (via small package)
Kenny Omega def. Sydal
Roderick Strong def. AJ Styles (via DQ with the old Eddie Guerrero chair trick)
Kyle O'Reilly def. Zack Sabre Jr.

So there's what BOLA looks like heading into the semi finals. Roddy attacked Kyle and Sabre then hit Excalibur with a chair. Hoping Kyle manages to fuck him over for all these attacks to stop him from winning the whole thing.

Castiel

Reaction score

PWG Champion Kyle O'Reilly was unable to compete after the attack from Strong, so he got a bye into the finals.
Mount Rushmore def. Brian Myers/Chris Sabin/ACH
Johnny Gargano def. Trevor Lee
Ricochet def. Kenny Omega
Hero/Taylor/Swann/Ryan/Willie Mack def. Fish/Ciampa/Biff/Gulak/Alexander in what was said to be a flat out incredibly fun match. Willie Mack gave a farewell speech afterwards and it looks he's headed to NXT!
Ricochet def. Strong and Gargano to WIN BOLA! Strong attacked him afterwards and continued the new tradition of breaking the trophy. What a dick...

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: PWG: Battle Of Los Angeles 2014 (RESULTS!)

Don't hate Ricochet winning as I don't mind him, plus he's having a career year so it makes sense. Plus, it's not Roddy :lol:

Trevor Lee getting to the semi's is pretty cool. WILL DEFINITELY ORDER THESE SHOWS.