Pro Wrestling Guerilla Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
images

PWG is an independent wrestling company based out of Southern California that has been around since 2003. This thread is a general thread for all discussion about PWG, from up coming shows, to the current roster and for all retrospective discussion for the company.

There are two titles in PWG. The PWG World Championship currently held by Adam Cole who is in his first reign after defeating Kevin Steen in a Guerilla Warfare Match on December 1, 2012. The PWG World Tag Team Championship is currently held by The Young Bucks who are in their third reign as champions.

The Battle of Los Angeles is the biggest tournament that PWG runs every year. It is a singles tournament that is normally held over two nights where the winner must win four matches to win the tournament. It has been run since 2005 and the winners since the beginning are; Chris Bosh (05), Davey Richards (06), CIMA (07), Low Ki (08), Kenny Omega (09), Joey Ryan (10), El Generico (11) and Adam Cole (12).

The Dynamite Duumvirate Tag Team Title Tournament (DDT4) is the other major tournament that PWG runs each year and has done since 2007. It is a tag team tournament and is run to either crown the new PWG champions or to determine the number one contenders to the titles. It is a one night tournament featuring eight tag teams. The previous winners are; Roderick Strong and PAC (07), Jack Evans and Roderick Strong (08), The Young Bucks (09), El Generico and Paul London (10), The Young Bucks (11), The Super Smash Brothers (12) and The Young Bucks (12).

Their All Star weekend was actually run last weekend, it was the 9th edition of the show and ran over two nights.

A few members mentioned in another thread that they follow PWG so please someone with more knowledge of the company add to this thread. Maybe early on someone can post some recommended shows that people new to the company could check out.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The roster definitely looks promising. From what I have heard, it's a pretty legit company. I'd definitely check it out if I could.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I have every PWG DVD since around 2009. I still somehow need to finish off watching Threemendous III (which i'll hopefully do later) and then i'll be able to start watching the 2 Battle of Los Angeles shows, which i've heard were very good. Especially with Adam Cole's heel turn, then later going on to defeat Kevin Steen for the PWG Title.

PWG always put on a great wrestling show too, so if it's wrestling you're interested in, then pick up some PWG shows. I'll be ordering the 2 All Star Weekend shows from PWG when they get released. DVD release dates of new shows normally take around a month btw, for anyone interested. And you can buy the latest PWG shows from Highspots, ROH, WWN live. I think RF have stopped selling the latest shows.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I'll probably wait another while before I pick up some more DVDs. I'm thinking of getting DDT4 and Mystery Vortex, which I hear are two very good shows.

For anyone looking into getting into PWG you could probably get any DVD of theirs to see what they're all about. But, if you want to get some of their better shows over the past few years, I'd recommend Threemendous III, Steen Wolf and DDT4 2012. All of those are excellent shows.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
MAIN.jpg

60-Minute Iron Man Match
Adam Cole vs. Sami Callihan

Non-Title Tag Team Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. AR Fox & Samuray Del Sol

First Time Ever Singles Match
"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen vs. "Ultraviolent Golden Boy" Drake Younger

Tag Team Match
DojoBros (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong) vs. Johnny Gargano & "The Kentucky Gentleman" Chuck Taylor

Singles Match
Kyle O'Reilly vs. Davey Richards

Tag Team Match
RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma) vs. Unbreakable F'N Machines (Brian Cage & Michael Elgin)

Pretty good card right there. Iron Man match is definitely interesting. I'm not the biggest fan of Sami Callihan but I've seen enough of him to know that he can work long matches, and at a fast pace. I have no doubt that Cole will be able to go 60 minutes as well.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
HOLY SHIT! why have i not seen this thread until now, and HOLY SHIT @ that card.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
The Iron Man match will be interesting. Not sure if it'll be a first for PWG. I like The Bucks vs AR Fox/Del Sol match. Not too keen on Steen/Younger. FIST vs Roddy & Eddie should be good. Kyle vs Davey i've seen enough times, so i'll reserve judgement on that until the DVD's out. And the RockNES Monsters vs Unbreakable F'N Machines will no doubt will be a good match too.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
As far as I know it's their second Iron Man match, the first being between Joey Ryan and Super Dragon.

The only real downside I think they have going into this match is that there's no real backstory between both guys. I find that Iron Man matches need stories behind them, otherwise it'll be hard to fill up the 60 minutes without resorting to rest holds and repeating things. I'm sure they'll find a way to tell a story inside the ring, but it probably would have helped if there was an actual feud behind this, and not just Callihan being the next challenger.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
The only real downside I think they have going into this match is that there's no real backstory between both guys. I find that Iron Man matches need stories behind them, otherwise it'll be hard to fill up the 60 minutes without resorting to rest holds and repeating things. I'm sure they'll find a way to tell a story inside the ring, but it probably would have helped if there was an actual feud behind this, and not just Callihan being the next challenger.

I totally agree. Plus, the building is limited capacity as it is, you don't want fans burnt out after 20-30 mins of the match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I got my "All Star Weekend 92" DVD's today, be on the lookout for dat REVIEW :mark:

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Still holding out on a PWG sale before I get my next batch of DVDs from them. As far as I know they have one really good sale sometime during the Summer.

Hopefully it come out soon, because I've been looking to see All Star Weekend and DDT 4 for a good while now.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
PWG TEN is coming up soon (August 9th) - Here's the card:

Co-Main Event Three Way Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Guerrilla Warfare Match
"Panama City Playboy" Adam Cole (Champion) vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen vs. "Ultraviolent Golden Boy" Drake Younger

Co-Main Event Three Way Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Ladder Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson - Champions) vs. DojoBros (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong) vs. Inner-City Machine Guns (Rich Swann & Ricochet)

Tag Team Match
Brian Kendrick & Paul London vs. Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor

Singles Match
Michael Elgin vs AR Fox

Tag Team Match
Alex Koslov & "Azúcar" Rocky Romero vs RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)

Singles Match
Brian Cage vs. Davey Richards

Singles Match
Kyle O'Reilly vs. TJ Perkins

Plus B-Boy, Candice LeRae, Willie Mack, Ryan Taylor, and much more!

Tickets will go on sale July 9, at 8:00PM PDT! Follow @OfficialPWG on Twitter for the latest information!

Candice LeRae :mark:

Reactions: 1 person

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Londrick vs. Johnny Chucks :mark:

Elgin vs. AR Fox is going to be a great watch!

That 3 way is going to be brutal, gonna def watch this one.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Also, PWG will be holding the 2013 Battle of Los Angeles at the end of next month (August 30th & 31st). So 3 shows in a month for PWG.

The first 2 participants for BOLA have been announced, and they are:

ACH
Trent Barreta