Porkchops thoughts on the Expendables 2 *may contain spoilers*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I wanted to throw my 2 cents out on the new movie that blows shit up like it was 1985 again. The Expendables 2.

expendables_two.jpg

I thought the film was great. One thing going into this film is that is will not be the best acted film ever, just look at the cast and you will understand. Stallone, Shwarzenegger, Van Damme, Norris, Crewes, Statham, Li, Willis, and Lundgren. The thing this film does well is action and more action. More shit blows up in this film, more gunfire, and less story makes for a winning combination. How can less story be a winner, did any of you really go to see and Arnold or Sly movie in the 80 looking for great dialogue and a story? No you went into the movie to see shit get destroyed and them saving the day.

The-Expendables-2-set-photo-Schwarzenegger-Stallone-Willis-280x208.jpg
Three of the baddest Mother Fuckers around

Honestly I don't give a shit about how much it cost to make this film and the best parts of the film included the big name guys and when they were on the screen together. Nothing better than hearing Crewes tell Arnold he would terminate him if he didn't get his gun back. Each one of them made pot shots at each other and even themselves. Chuck even did his own Norris fact. Norris gave me chills walking onto the screen. His name sucked Booker but his nickname kicked ass "Lone Wolf".

The movie starts off with Sly and his guys on a mission to rescue some important guy. Some dudes with guns keep hitting this guy who is tied down to a chair and bag thrown over his head. Sly and his group drive into the building with their own specialized armored vehicles that in all honesty kick some ass. The rescue the guy who turns out to be Arnold and some Asian guy whom Jet Li takes somewhere else.

Willis tell Sly you screwed up and owe me. Sly says no, but goes on the mission anyways to clear the debt and takes along a new hot Asian chick (Rambo 2 anyone) with the group, who becomes the butt of some jokes with the gang along with Couture's ear again. I still can not understand what the hell Dolph says half the time but it was funny watching him trying to laugh and smile and have fun instead of just kick ass. While on the mission one of Sly's team gets killed by Van Damme and his gang of satanic gunslingers and Van Damme has a great name too Villain, which as most of us would guess pissed off Sly. To me Van Damme did the best in the whole film in making you hate him and he actually seemed to do well acting (hell just froze over)

expendables204.jpg

So while on the warpath Sly ends up trapped in an old abandoned Russian military training sight and gets ambushed. The ambushing party of Van Damme's gets blown to hell by none other than the Lone Wolf himself where it was great to see Norris then he leaves after some hearty laughing at the one liners and movie references. Willis tracks down Sly to help him out and brings along Arnold to help level the playing field. They track Van Damme down to an airport where as you would guess it all hell breaks lose. The best part of the movie is about happen when Van Damme is running away and bullets start flying through this glass and when the glass falls you have Sly, Willis and Arnold all letting loose on the ammo and as the screen pans down you see Norris standing above them on a catwalk. Since all of them are together it is time for each of them to make wise cracks at each other. Arnold used the obligatory, I am out of ammo I will be back line, Bruce tells him you have been back enough, I will be back. Norris ends up next to Arnold and they look at each other and Arnold asks him who's next Rambo.

Expendables-2-trailer-10-008.jpg

Look do I need to go into more detail, If you grew up int he 80's and loved action flicks get your ass into the theater you will not be disappointed here. I thought it had its moments of trying to be serious but it all gets thrown out the window as soon as the fighting starts. Statham kicks ass, Stallone kicks and gets his ass kicked, Arnold, Willis, and Norris all do the same.

On the Porkchop O meeter scale I give this a 7 out of 10. It was fun you lost yourself and it was such fun, i can't wait for the DVD and probably a sequel as now they will make Seagal the evil guy sounds like win to me.

Now for an actual score I give it the same, fuck the critics this movie rocks and was better than the first.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Who the fuck is going to see this for a coherent story and great acting? I'm want to see these guys BLOW SHIT UP. Fuck critics.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
To the hell with critics. They always expect a 5 star story even if that's not the goal.