Porkchops DC Comics News Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
He could be shazam

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Ben Affleck’s Caped Crusader in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice has been described by director Zack Snyder as someone who “bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter.” That description nonetheless doesn’t reveal just how old, exactly, Affleck as Bruce Wayne is in the film. Indeed, given the acknowledged influence of Frank Miller’s Dark Knight Returns comic book, Affleck’s Mr. Wayne could already be in his mid-50s.

Recent Batman V Superman set pics and videos showing Affleck with grey temples (coupled with rumors about Batman’s history in Snyder’s new movie) have indicated that, in the film, Bruce could indeed be showing the signs of wear and tear from his longtime battle against crime in Gotham City. The other possibility, of course, is that the 42-year old Affleck has simply been made up to look more befitting of a character who’s a decade (or so) older than the Oscar-winner currently is.

Batman V Superman producer Michael Uslan, during an interview with Asbury Park Press, touched on the controversy over Affleck being cast as Bruce Wayne – and, in the process, revealed the character’s age in the film:

“So, this [controversial superhero casting] has happened time and again, and it happened with Affleck. To go back to the original thought of Bruce Wayne in his mid-40s, I think he’s going to be extraordinary.”

So, by the sound of it, Affleck will essentially be playing his real-life age in Batman V Superman. Why the aforementioned changes in his appearance then? Well, it could be to better emphasize, the age difference between Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent (Henry Cavil) in the film (visually, rather by means of dialogue); and thus, highlight the differences in experience and clashing outlook of the dual costumed heroes. The grey sideburns could also be Snyder’s homage to the grey-haired Batman depicted in The Dark Knight Returns.

Rumor has it that Affleck as the Caped Crusader will get his own solo vehicle (said to be tentatively titled The Batman) in 2019 – possibly arriving on the June 2019 date that Warner Bros. has reserved for one of its multiple upcoming DC movies. That would put Affleck’s Bruce Wayne pretty close to 50 by that time, assuming the film picks up close to real time after the events of Batman V Superman (and probably Justice League a year thereafter, by the sound of it).

Will The Batman (or whatever Affleck’s Batman solo movie winds up being called) see Bruce Wayne undertaking one last mission and/or handing over his cape and cowl to a younger person? That may sound a bit too similar to The Dark Knight Rises for some people’s tastes, but it’s still feasible.

Another possibility is The Batman ends up being a re-imagined version of the Batman Beyond film adaptation (in that ’90s cartoon series, Bruce trains Terry McGinnis to become the new Batman) – a project that was rumored to be under consideration at WB, shortly before Batman V Superman was announced. Feel free to let us know in the comments section what you imagine the future will hold for Affleck’s Batman in the budding DC Cinematic Universe.

Batman V Superman arrives in theaters on March 25th, 2016.

I like this and we can see an older Batman.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson says he will play a role in an upcoming DC Comics movie adaption but has yet to decide between superhero Shazam and his arch-nemesis Black Adam.

He may not have a hard time making a decision. He told The Associated Press on Monday that he has always been a fan of anti-heroes and said one of his favorite DC Comics characters is Black Adam.

Appearing in Mexico City to promote "Hercules," Johnson said he will make sure comic fans are not disappointed.

"I am putting my heart and soul and my bones into this role," he said.

Johnson didn't say whether his character will appear in the film "Superman v Batman: Dawn of Justice," which is scheduled to be released in 2016.

So either Black Adam or Shazaam not a bad fit and since we already knew of the rumors it doesn't surprise me.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Pretty sure he confirmed Shazaam on Twitter yesterday, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Meet your new Joker. And, while you’re about it, your new Deadshot, Rick Flag, Boomerang, Harley Quinn and Enchantress. After a few weeks of speculation and deal making, Jared Leto, Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney and Cara Delevingne have all officially signed on to star in David Ayer’s take on the DC villains tweam-up Suicide Squad.

With a script by Justin Marks, the film will see an assembly of baddies and anti-heroes brought together by a secretive government group and offered a shot at redemption if they’ll go on a mission. There’s just one tiny drawback: they might not survive it.

The Joker, of course, needs little introduction, though it’ll be odd to see him introduced without his natural nemesis, Batman. Assuming Warner Bros. doesn’t have plans to stealthily introduce him in Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice via some extra shooting, of course – after all, the film still doesn’t arrive until early 2016.

Smith’s Deadshot, meanwhile – who Courtney had been rumoured for – is really Floyd Lawton, a hired assassin who claims he never misses. Rick Flag (Hardy) is the son of a legendary military man called upon to lead the squad despite some seriously unstable tendencies. Robbie has taken the role of Harley Quinn, who might be familiar to Batman fans as The Joker’s female sidekick, but who has her own agenda. Courtney, meanwhile, will be Boomerang, whose skill you can probably figure out. Seen as something of a class clown by the others, he’s also been known for racism, though we doubt that will be covered in the film. Finally, there’s Cara Delevingne as Enchantress, a woman who uses her magical gifts for villainous ends.

There have been reports that Jesse Eisenberg is in talks to show up as Lex Luthor, but there’s no word on whether he has actually made a deal. And Warners is still looking for someone to play Amanda Waller, who oversees the team, with the likes of Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer, and even Oprah Winfrey under consideration. “The Warner Bros. roots are deep on this one,” Warner Bros. president Greg Silverman says in a statement picked up by Variety. “We look forward to seeing this terrific ensemble, under David Ayer’s amazing guidance, give new meaning to what it means to be a villain and what it means to be a hero.” Ayer will kick off shooting this coming April in Toronto, aiming for an August 5, 2016 release date.

Empire Online

Well, that's quite the line up!

Surprised to see Will Smith involved, as he usually sticks to vehicles for himself. Leto taking on Joker is a huge order, as comparisons to Ledger are going to be inevitable, especially as Joker has no proper reason to be involved in this.

The amount of money WB must have thrown at this cast is insane.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Fucking beautiful.

It's gonna be awesome seeing a new joker. I thought enchantress was a marvel villian

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Batman v Superman has finished filming.

Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice has officially finished its principle photography.

The news comes from the film’s cinematographer, Larry Fong. In an announcement via Instagram, Fong posted “That’s a wrap” with a short video clip of a black material being covered in snow. We’re going deep into speculation territory with this one, but could that black material belong to Ben Affleck’s Batsuit?

Comicbook.com

Well on to post production. I hope to god this movie is everything we hope for

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It's finished filming already? Why the fuck are they waiting until 2016 again?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
They're probably worried about being slaughtered at the box office next year.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
How do you figure

There's a lot of big movies coming out next year, two of which (Avengers 2, Minions) should eclipse the 1 billion mark. With the rising cost of movie tickets, people can only go see so many per year. Waiting until 2016 and avoiding a few "can't miss" movies seems like the logical thing to do.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Here's what Henry cavill says about Batman v Superman.

"It's Zack Snyder, so it's going to be a visual spectacle and it's cinematic history. We're doing Batman and we're doing Superman, and it's all happening at the same time. So, fingers crossed it turns out to be as exciting as I think it is."

That's a pretty fucking bold statement. I hope its true.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Could have also said "It's Zack Snyder so it's gonna' suck ass" and been right.

Reactions: 1 person