Porkchops DC Comics News Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
But does anyone know how the joker actually became the joker lol
If you're asking, the origin that's most considered canon is Alan Moore's story "The Killing Joke", in which he uses the old Red Hood story from an earlier Batman comic to flesh The Joker out. Unfortunately he still doesn't give the character a name, but pretty much everything else there is accepted as the actual story.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
If you're asking, the origin that's most considered canon is Alan Moore's story "The Killing Joke", in which he uses the old Red Hood story from an earlier Batman comic to flesh The Joker out. Unfortunately he still doesn't give the character a name, but pretty much everything else there is accepted as the actual story.

I still think that would play out as a decent stand alone but there have been many differing views on his origins

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I still think that would play out as a decent stand alone but there have been many differing views on his origins
Tbh, The Killing Joke is great, but it's not enough to make a whole movie out of. Still, if they're going to tell the origin story, that's the one to use.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Tbh, The Killing Joke is great, but it's not enough to make a whole movie out of. Still, if they're going to tell the origin story, that's the one to use.

I was thinking of taking it from there and few choice encounters with the Bat.

Krisis

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
I think for a Joker movie I'd most like to see him in Arkham telling his story in flashbacks to Harley.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Why not just the original Joker story where he went on the radio and announced that he was going to kill people in an hour and then it happened without him even being there? Or perhaps "The Laughing Fish", which is easily one of the best Joker stories out there?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Why not just the original Joker story where he went on the radio and announced that he was going to kill people in an hour and then it happened without him even being there? Or perhaps "The Laughing Fish", which is easily one of the best Joker stories out there?

I am down with all of them. I think it would help the DC movie franchises just to get an in depth look into their characters like that.

Krisis

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
I just wanna see harley lol

Krisis

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
I always thought she was an intersting character.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Last year, there were rumblings that Guillermo del Toro, famed director of "Pan's Labyrinth" and the "Hellboy" movies (as well as this summer's giant robots-versus-giant monsters free-for-all "Pacific Rim"), had begun talking with DC Comics and Warner Bros. about doing a team-up movie that would involve all of its "Dark Universe" characters. It seemed like idle chatter at the time, given the number of projects del Toro is attached to at any given moment, but it turns out this particular project is much farther along than we thought.

"On Justice League Dark, or Dark Universe, what we're doing is we finished the bible [the detailed outline that the script will come from]. Then we're going to start the screenplay with a writer we hope we can announce very soon," del Toro revealed at Wonder Con in Anaheim this past weekend.

The filmmaker then went into character details: "What I'm doing is the lead character that guides us through, that is Constantine. Blonde. He is basically trying to recruit these guys. On Etrigan, I'm using Jason Blood in the time of Merlin. We get to their origin through the story. We don't make the origin story at the top. We find it out as they each have mysteries to solve. Swamp Thing is at peace with who he is, but Deadman still needs to figure out who shot him. It's all woven in. When I was a kid, my two favorite characters in the whole DC Universe were Etrigan and Swamp Thing, so I'm in heaven."

So, to recap: the main character is going to be self-loathing exorcist John Constantine, but the blond, British version and not the smooth American played by Keanu Reeves in "Constantine." Additional characters are set to include ghostly murder victim Deadman, the vengeful Swamp Thing, demonically possessed Jason Blood/Etrigan and (supposedly) former cop turned afterworld avenger The Spectre, and dark magician/foxy lady Zatanna. (We're holding out hope that Madame Xanadu will be included, but this could just be wishful thinking on our part.)

What's weird is to think that, by all accounts, this "Dark" version of "Justice League" is further along in development than the actual "Justice League" movie that DC and Warner Bros are eager to make. Their target date of Summer 2015, which will see both "The Avengers 2" and the seventh "Star Wars" hit theaters, is approaching rapidly.

Wouldn't it be wild if we got "Justice League Dark" first? Zounds!

I like this over what I am hearing for the other Justice League film already.

Krisis

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
The first viral marketing for Man of Steel has been revealed via this static-heavy message from General Zod (Michael Shannon) to the people of Earth. Check it out

[video=youtube;5QkfmqsDTgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QkfmqsDTgY[/video]

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
There’s been plenty of buzz that Zack Snyder’s upcoming “Batman vs. Superman†film will feature an appearance by Wonder Woman, and Greg Silverman, Warner Bros.’ president of creative development and worldwide production, addressed the rumor Monday at the Variety Entertainment & Tech Summit.

When asked by Variety‘s Claudia Eller whether the film would introduce other DC Comics superheroes, such as Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Flash, to reunite part of the Justice League, Silverman took the idea of Wonder Woman and ran with it.

“We have been doing a lot of thinking for years about how to best use all those characters and we love them,†Silverman said. “Wonder Woman is an amazing character. I think it’s a great opportunity both for box office success, but also to have an amazingly powerful female superhero.â€

“Is she going to have her own separate movie or is she going to be a part of this?†Eller asked.

“We are taking it all very seriously and are trying to do a plan that’s respectful to those characters and maximizes the stories as best they can,†Silverman said, dodging the question. “So everything that has been speculated are things that we’ve thought about.â€

Silverman also addressed the studio’s controversial casting of Ben Affleck as Batman — fans even signed a petition urging Warner Bros. to remove Affleck from the film — standing by Warner’s choice of the Oscar winner for the role.

“We knew going in that we had more information than the general public had,†he said. “We knew what the take of the movie was, we knew what the character was going to be. We don’t take these decisions lightly. We thought about everybody — brand new people, established people. Ben is the perfect guy to play this role.â€

And although he didn’t give any details away about how Affleck’s character will interact with Henry Cavill’s Superman (“they both will be wearing suits, there are capes involved, there will be action, there will be excitementâ€), he did stress that Snyder and screenwriter David Goyer’s story will do both characters justice.

“They’ve crafted a great story,†he said. “I mean, this is where it all comes from for us. It’s just a great story that involves these amazing characters.â€

He also discussed the studio’s latest project with J.K. Rowling — the adaptation of her Hogwarts textbook, “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,†into a film about that book’s fictitious author, Newt Scamander.

“We have decided as a company that we are going to support J.K. Rowling in her artistic endeavors,†he said. “She’s been a huge part of our success, and (our CEO Kevin Tsujihara) and her really have a great relationship.â€

And unlike other writers who work with the studio, Silverman said that Rowling has no script deadline.

“Every writer at Warner Bros. has a deadline, unless you’ve been involved in a multibillion-dollar franchise,†he said.

Hopefully it is just an appearance because if she eats up screen time for the final battle or whatever it will kill the movie and i hope they use it to set up Justice League.

Krisis

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
WB/DC Entertainment's big news for 2014 may be that they are planning on prioritising, "A series of lower-prominence comic books being turned into relatively lower budget movies."

This matches up with earlier reports that Warner Bros. have turned to David Goyer as a Kevin Feige-like character to work on treatments for adaptations which include Booster Gold, Deathstroke, Sandman, Team 7 and Suicide Squad, with the latter being specifically mentioned as a movie which would need only a $40 million budget. Others could apparently be made for as little as $20 million.

Their release schedule would be on a two-a-year basis in the Spring and Fall, giving Warner Bros. an opportunity to make a big profit and perhaps even expand the worlds of Batman and Superman in the process.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/...medium=twitter

Krisis

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
DWAYNE JOHNSON TEASES SHAZAM ROLE
21 JUL 2014
BY CHRIS TILLY

Dwayne Johnson has made no secret of the fact that he wants to star in a superhero movie, and based on an illuminating new interview, it sounds like we might now know what that movie will be.

Speaking to TotalFilm, Johnson said that he and DC Comics have been discussing projects for a while, and that it’s difficult to find the right character for him to play because of his personality and appearance, but now it seems they may have finally settled on something.

“There’s a character out there that we’re going to announce soon” he revealed. “He has the power of Superman. And it’s not the Green Lantern by the way. Believe me – Jon Stewart – he is a character who I wanted to play, but there was already a version of Green Lantern, and so now we’ve gone in a slightly different direction. But this character has the power of Superman. He can throw down.”

Then, with a big grin on his fact, Johnson adds “Just say the word. That’s all I’m going to say.”

What word could that be? Well the fact that Billy Batson simply has to say ‘Shazam’ to be turned into Captain Marvel – a DC character with powers not unlike Superman – suggests that it’s pretty much a done deal.

So unless our detection skills are poor, or the actor is playing games to throw us all off the superhero scent, expect Dwayne Johnson to announce that he is starring in a Shazam movie very soon, perhaps as early as Comic-Con later this week.

I could see him playing Shazam... I'm less excited about the direction DC plans to take with Aquaman.