Official 1,000th RAW Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TKK

Reaction score
I'm hoping that this heel turn means that the WWE are ready to make CM Punk into the main eventer that he should be. I'm hoping to see (although this is very optimistic) Punk stays champion until 'Mania and become the first champion since 2006 to hold the belt for more than 365 days because he really does deserve it. They could build up the belt so much by having him hold onto it for that long. Do you guys agree or think that he should drop it before then?

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ Thats a pretty fair summing up of the show think I agree with you on most things.

I like what did with AJ, but it will be interesting how much it effects how long term career or if it is a long term role. The interesting part is weather the thing with Bryan is over now with AJ getting her pay back for all those months he mistreated her or if it will carry on a bit with her as GM maybe making his life a hell that way. I suspect it maybe done now and if you think about it it has been clever the way WWE have bought full circle its almost like they knew months ago than this was how it was going to end. So if she has moved on now it will be interesting to see what new feuds she gets into.

As for the legends, I have mixed views in a way I think they went a bit overkill with them to the point where at least one appeared in almost every segment, but at the same time there were some nice segments involving them and like you hinted someone like Austin should have been there.

I think AJ Lee will work as GM for a short period of time. I could definitely see her making Bryan's life a living hell for a while. However, I don't want to see her just toying with Bryan. If she's simply going to continue being involved with Bryan and mainly him, there isn't much point to having her as GM. We'll see how she does though. Maybe she'll be a fair GM or she'll be her usual crazy self.

I enjoyed seeing the legends on Raw but some of them were mainly featured backstage which wasn't that interesting. I guess it was nice to see them involved in Lita's match.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm hoping that this heel turn means that the WWE are ready to make CM Punk into the main eventer that he should be. I'm hoping to see (although this is very optimistic) Punk stays champion until 'Mania and become the first champion since 2006 to hold the belt for more than 365 days because he really does deserve it. They could build up the belt so much by having him hold onto it for that long. Do you guys agree or think that he should drop it before then?

I would love that, but I see him dropping it to Rock at the Rumble, if not before then, but regaining it back to drop it to Rock at the Rumble. Rock vs Punk has to happen now though. He'd hold it for 14 months if he were to drop it at the Rumble.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
A bit late but anyway . Was a good show , a bit under expectations .

- AJ as GM !!!! WTF !!!!! even though i like her but c'mon this angle is going to fail big time ,for fuck sake , a 20 year old something midget diva is going to run Raw .

- the whole wedding angle was completely pointless and waste of time and Now Bryan have to fight Sheen WTF . I think instead of ziggler , Bryan would've been a very good opponent for Jericho . They could've given us a 5 star match at SS but instead we have to watch a great talent like bryan wasted just for the sake of getting a headline on newspaper stating "Charlie Sheen at Summerslam" .

There is no point of ziggler , MITB briefcase winner , fueding with Jericho . Let him fued with sheamus and have a triple threat match at SS .

I liked CM Punk Heel turn , now punk can keep the title for some more time . Should be a good match at Summer slam . lets just hope big show stays out of this . WHy the fuck does he keeps jumping in the main event ? .

Looking forward to next Raw to clear the confusion . BTW how fucking annoying are those tout videos of douchbags and their BS comments . I really feel bad for people who watch Raw live . Downloading Raw , really saves me from aload of bullshit .

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
According to PWInsider.com, the reason why the old "WWF" logo was not scratched out on archival footage shown on Raw 1,000 is due to a new company directive updating the old policy of "censoring" out the WWF logo.

Sources within WWE are claiming that the use of the old "WWF" logo is now permitted in flashback footage, so short clips featuring the logo, which was banned from WWE use back in 2002 when the company lost a lawsuit against the World Wildlife Foundation, is now allowed.

Sources have noted that this new directive might not apply to longer archival footage and matches, but WWE is working on a strategy to eliminate the need to blur the old logo before the Network launches.

Nice. I noticed it during RAW as I commented on it a couple times. I hope they don't do blurring for the Attitude Era DVD that is released later this year.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh and I forgot to mention that Stephanie should have walked in on Triple H and Trish rather than DX. "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?" :D

That would have been so hilarious, but I think they were saving Steph's appearance for later on in the show. If the Trish segment would have happened after the Brock/Heyman segment, then it could have happened, but they didn't want Steph appearing until then.

DashX

Reaction score
This was a good but not great Raw, but it did what it set out to do. It was great to see Taker, Rock, APA, and most of the members of DX, but there all the matches were too short and a lot of the skits dragged on.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Alright i'm going to put my thoughts of the show in here. Overall I was left pretty disappointed by the show and wanted something more, something huge to mark out to on this historic night but for the most part I was left disappointed.

The opening video was fantastic but that's pretty standard WWE always creating great montages.

Vince's opening promo was fine, if not a little odd when he introduced DX given their history.

DX I literally cringed over. Hunter and Shawn were everything I worried they would be when it was announced however long ago it was. They were so unfunny and out of touch but i'm not surprised because like I said I expected that. Was great seeing the NAO back together and X-Pac aswell, although I swear they didn't even mention his name at all nor did they give him a brief mic cameo. Obviously the jeep entrance was well done, but if i'm being picky I would probably have preferred the unfunny duo to arrive in it as I would love to have heard the NAO and X-Pac get seperate entrances. Not a fan of Damien Sandow but his involvement was great but again if i'm being picky I would have preferred to see Road Dogg's shake rattle and roll, Billy's fame asser and the X-Pac's bronco buster.

Great to see JR back, shame he wasn't used the whole night though.

Six-man tag was fun and built more for Ziggler/Jericho although i'm unsure what happens with Del Rio and whether he continues with Sheamus, or picks up his feud again with Mysterio. Speaking of Mysterio, I wonder what his thoughts are towards Sin Cara because I swear (foggy memory) when I was watching he didn't look overly excited Cara was alongside him.

The backstage AJ thing was pretty cool with different guys going past the door. Can never get enough Hacksaw, I would seriously bring the guy back in a tag team with Swagger. The 'hand' was great, i'll give them their props for that.

Bogus Clay / Swagger was utterly pointless and I dunno what the deal was with Bogus rocking the USA style singlet. Dunno what I felt really about the Dude Love appearance, guess I was hoping for a much better Mick Foley segment later on.

I think most of us were expecting the Trish/HHH/Stephanie moment to be recreated but obviously that didn't happen. It's a pretty well known fact that I don't like Trish, but I just find it weird that she is their supposed golden girl and she was just shoved in a meaningless backstage segment and i'm pretty sure they didn't even make reference to her either as if she was just some random extra.

The wedding was just a massive letdown and I thought Slick was awful and almost ruined and already bad segment. The whole Vince thing I really didn't like and I kind of feel as though he should have come out during the part where if anybody had any issues with the proposal then speak now (not the official lines, but you get the picture.) You could have still carried the marriage on then with Bryan looking super smug as if he's about to marry the GM only for it to backfire in his face. That's how I would have preferred it but that's just a personal opinion. Like everyone else though, I was expecting Kane to be the other person she said YES! to. As far as her being GM goes, I really don't like it but i'll go into that in another thread.

Marked like a little bitch for Rock getting a title shot at the Rumble, least that will the Rumble infinitley times better than this years travesty. I honestly thought Punk was just being his useful douchey self with the faces in the background, but obviously he wasn't and that showed later on. If Punk/Rock do square off then i'm interested in how they will build it though because as of what we saw on RAW and by putting two and two together, the build reeks of how Cena/Rock started.

Bret's promo was a nice touch, was kinda expecting him to put over Michael McGillicutty too and how he's being ruined with that name after what he said about Mr Perfect.

Christian / Miz was a decent match. Great selling by Christian throughout the match and played in perfectly with the finish of the match. Was actually surprised to see Miz the win thing but he definitley needs it more than Christian does.

The HHH/Heyman/Steph was a great segment but I still felt as though it could have been miles better. They had all of DX in the building, guys who were 99% sure aren't going to even wrestle for them let alone appear over the next few weeks and they didn't even have Brock Lesnar attack them? Massively missed opportunity in my opinion. I don't wanna harp on about the Attitude Era, but if this angle was happening then you would have had the camera cut to back with Lesnar either laying out all the guys of DX with a chair or be stood over all the bodies of them. Trips would run to the back in their aid obviously and either be laid out by a waiting Brock Lesnar, o chase away Brock who speeds away in a waiting started car. Again personal preference, but I think they could have done more.

Lita, I love Lita and depending on what side of the bed I get out of on the day she's my favourite Diva of all time over Mickie. Even though I marked out for her return I was somewhat disappointed because I was expecting Austin even though he was never confirmed in any way. I then marked out like a bitch again for the APA, god those guys were amazing. Again though, personal preference I wouldn't have had the APA involved this match but another match I would have put together. R-Boom vs PTP, standard tag match where the PTP try to do their usual shtick of walking away mid match. APA stops them, rolls them back into the ring and R-Boom pick up the win with the APA then getting in their finishers. This would then lead to the Lita/Slater being a lumberjack match with the legends surrounding the ring.

I kinda enjoyed the Ryder segment with G-TV. Yes I remember that from yesteryear, made for some cool moments during RAW.

Kane/Taker I really didn't mark over or get remotely excited for. Hand on heart, I would have marked out if Paul Bearer was present though, he really should have been.

WWE Title. I need to rewatch this before giving my thoughts on it because I fell asleep before it started but i've seen bits of it and wasn't overly surprised it ended the way it did as well pretty much saw it coming. What I didn't see coming was the GTS on The Rock though so I definitley need to catch that so I can determine whether it's a possible heel turn like people are suspecting to be.

Overall, like I originally put I was dissapointed with the show because I felt as though there should have been more. If this was just a special 3 hour RAW then it would have been perfectly fine, but for a 1000th Episode celebration, I really don't think it delivered.

There seems to be conflicting reports about Austin with him saying it was because of his knee, other sources saying he's on set of a movie and couldn't get away. I'll take his word on the matter but there's still no reason why he couldn't be there in a backstage promo with Vince or The Rock and nobody would have been any wiser about his supposed injury. RAW 1000 with no Stone Cold is also a crock of shit.

Where the hell was Edge too?

All the stops were supposedly being pulled out for this show to get people on the show who we wouldn't expect, but on a night when the old DX reformed, Rock, Brock, Heyman, BOD reunited, a wedding, Steph returned to TV I was left marking out over Lita and the APA.

Conclusion: Could do better.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Alright i'm going to put my thoughts of the show in here. Overall I was left pretty disappointed by the show and wanted something more, something huge to mark out to on this historic night but for the most part I was left disappointed.

The opening video was fantastic but that's pretty standard WWE always creating great montages.

Vince's opening promo was fine, if not a little odd when he introduced DX given their history.

DX I literally cringed over. Hunter and Shawn were everything I worried they would be when it was announced however long ago it was. They were so unfunny and out of touch but i'm not surprised because like I said I expected that. Was great seeing the NAO back together and X-Pac aswell, although I swear they didn't even mention his name at all nor did they give him a brief mic cameo. Obviously the jeep entrance was well done, but if i'm being picky I would probably have preferred the unfunny duo to arrive in it as I would love to have heard the NAO and X-Pac get seperate entrances. Not a fan of Damien Sandow but his involvement was great but again if i'm being picky I would have preferred to see Road Dogg's shake rattle and roll, Billy's fame asser and the X-Pac's bronco buster.

Great to see JR back, shame he wasn't used the whole night though.

Six-man tag was fun and built more for Ziggler/Jericho although i'm unsure what happens with Del Rio and whether he continues with Sheamus, or picks up his feud again with Mysterio. Speaking of Mysterio, I wonder what his thoughts are towards Sin Cara because I swear (foggy memory) when I was watching he didn't look overly excited Cara was alongside him.

The backstage AJ thing was pretty cool with different guys going past the door. Can never get enough Hacksaw, I would seriously bring the guy back in a tag team with Swagger. The 'hand' was great, i'll give them their props for that.

Bogus Clay / Swagger was utterly pointless and I dunno what the deal was with Bogus rocking the USA style singlet. Dunno what I felt really about the Dude Love appearance, guess I was hoping for a much better Mick Foley segment later on.

I think most of us were expecting the Trish/HHH/Stephanie moment to be recreated but obviously that didn't happen. It's a pretty well known fact that I don't like Trish, but I just find it weird that she is their supposed golden girl and she was just shoved in a meaningless backstage segment and i'm pretty sure they didn't even make reference to her either as if she was just some random extra.

The wedding was just a massive letdown and I thought Slick was awful and almost ruined and already bad segment. The whole Vince thing I really didn't like and I kind of feel as though he should have come out during the part where if anybody had any issues with the proposal then speak now (not the official lines, but you get the picture.) You could have still carried the marriage on then with Bryan looking super smug as if he's about to marry the GM only for it to backfire in his face. That's how I would have preferred it but that's just a personal opinion. Like everyone else though, I was expecting Kane to be the other person she said YES! to. As far as her being GM goes, I really don't like it but i'll go into that in another thread.Marked like a little bitch for Rock getting a title shot at the Rumble, least that will the Rumble infinitley times better than this years travesty. I honestly thought Punk was just being his useful douchey self with the faces in the background, but obviously he wasn't and that showed later on. If Punk/Rock do square off then i'm interested in how they will build it though because as of what we saw on RAW and by putting two and two together, the build reeks of how Cena/Rock started.

Bret's promo was a nice touch, was kinda expecting him to put over Michael McGillicutty too and how he's being ruined with that name after what he said about Mr Perfect.

Christian / Miz was a decent match. Great selling by Christian throughout the match and played in perfectly with the finish of the match. Was actually surprised to see Miz the win thing but he definitley needs it more than Christian does.

The HHH/Heyman/Steph was a great segment but I still felt as though it could have been miles better. They had all of DX in the building, guys who were 99% sure aren't going to even wrestle for them let alone appear over the next few weeks and they didn't even have Brock Lesnar attack them? Massively missed opportunity in my opinion. I don't wanna harp on about the Attitude Era, but if this angle was happening then you would have had the camera cut to back with Lesnar either laying out all the guys of DX with a chair or be stood over all the bodies of them. Trips would run to the back in their aid obviously and either be laid out by a waiting Brock Lesnar, o chase away Brock who speeds away in a waiting started car. Again personal preference, but I think they could have done more.

Lita, I love Lita and depending on what side of the bed I get out of on the day she's my favourite Diva of all time over Mickie. Even though I marked out for her return I was somewhat disappointed because I was expecting Austin even though he was never confirmed in any way. I then marked out like a bitch again for the APA, god those guys were amazing. Again though, personal preference I wouldn't have had the APA involved this match but another match I would have put together. R-Boom vs PTP, standard tag match where the PTP try to do their usual shtick of walking away mid match. APA stops them, rolls them back into the ring and R-Boom pick up the win with the APA then getting in their finishers. This would then lead to the Lita/Slater being a lumberjack match with the legends surrounding the ring.

I kinda enjoyed the Ryder segment with G-TV. Yes I remember that from yesteryear, made for some cool moments during RAW.

Kane/Taker I really didn't mark over or get remotely excited for. Hand on heart, I would have marked out if Paul Bearer was present though, he really should have been.

WWE Title. I need to rewatch this before giving my thoughts on it because I fell asleep before it started but i've seen bits of it and wasn't overly surprised it ended the way it did as well pretty much saw it coming. What I didn't see coming was the GTS on The Rock though so I definitley need to catch that so I can determine whether it's a possible heel turn like people are suspecting to be.

Overall, like I originally put I was dissapointed with the show because I felt as though there should have been more. If this was just a special 3 hour RAW then it would have been perfectly fine, but for a 1000th Episode celebration, I really don't think it delivered.

There seems to be conflicting reports about Austin with him saying it was because of his knee, other sources saying he's on set of a movie and couldn't get away. I'll take his word on the matter but there's still no reason why he couldn't be there in a backstage promo with Vince or The Rock and nobody would have been any wiser about his supposed injury. RAW 1000 with no Stone Cold is also a crock of shit.

Where the hell was Edge too?

All the stops were supposedly being pulled out for this show to get people on the show who we wouldn't expect, but on a night when the old DX reformed, Rock, Brock, Heyman, BOD reunited, a wedding, Steph returned to TV I was left marking out over Lita and the APA.

Conclusion: Could do better.

Am with you on the DX humour being unfunny but then that is partly due to the difference between me being 18 and 31 now, during the attitude era I was very much the target audience whereas now I just think "oh just grow up!" lol.

Don't get the hate for the wedding is it not good that they went in a different direction and actually suprised us? If someone like Kane had just gate crashed the wedding and left with AJ it just would have been same old same old. Giving her the GM spot takes her character in a new direction, it keeps her inderpendent and the pay off of Bryan being embarresed makes sense too. Like I said before this has to be a long term thing if they just dump her after two or three weeks then whats the point?

Seem to be the only one whose think that the HHH/Step/Lesnar/Heyman segment was partly a burial of Heyman, its just like what happened during the Invasion angles back in the day.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I thought the show was great DX aren't funny that would have to be due to the fact their humour was more Vulgar too much for a PG show

Rock announcing he is in the title match means that the Royal Rumble winner will be contesting for the Smackdown title since Rock will drop the belt at Wrestlemania.

Brothers of Destruction reuniting was a great mark out moment for me I have always been a fan of the Undertaker and Kane and hope we get more of these two soon.

Miz is looking a bit more manly lately maybe he might get taken seriously

Didn't see the heel turn from CM Punk coming so hopefully Punk actually gets a main event run and is not overshadowed by Cena (again)

Annoyed about Charlie Sheen if he can't make it then they should've cancelled the segments it was complete bullshit that he wasn't there.

Stephanie McMahon very very rootable it would be worth going through her husband to have a go with her.

AJ as the GM I think will be a very good idea.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I thought the show was great DX aren't funny that would have to be due to the fact their humour was more Vulgar too much for a PG show Rock announcing he is in the title match means that the Royal Rumble winner will be contesting for the Smackdown title since Rock will drop the belt at Wrestlemania.

Brothers of Destruction reuniting was a great mark out moment for me I have always been a fan of the Undertaker and Kane and hope we get more of these two soon.

Miz is looking a bit more manly lately maybe he might get taken seriously

Didn't see the heel turn from CM Punk coming so hopefully Punk actually gets a main event run and is not overshadowed by Cena (again)

Annoyed about Charlie Sheen if he can't make it then they should've cancelled the segments it was complete bullshit that he wasn't there.

Stephanie McMahon very very rootable it would be worth going through her husband to have a go with her.

AJ as the GM I think will be a very good idea.

Its not really that either somethings funny or it isn't. I judge things on their own merits so that fact that it is in a PG era has nothing to do with it for me.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If Austin had knee surgery then I can see why he wouldn't want to appear but it would have been nice to let the fans know before the show that he wouldn't be there. Throughout the entire night I, and I assume many others, keep waiting to see Stone Cold because I was sure he would be there at RAW 1000. He could have simply sent in a pre taped promo, or appeared via satellite from his house anyway.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I liked most of the show, I felt that I forgot alot of it after the second hour though.

Lita looked hot as fuck, I marked for Bradshaw and that clothesline, Bros of Destructo's got me as well.

I was going to breakdown the whole show, but I can't type that long.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
It was more of a Thanks giving show . Now the real test for WWE would be to keep this momentum atleast untill summerslam . They really have to change the way Raw is being booked or we might witness the downfall of Raw . 3 hours and 15-20 min of wrestling doesnot sounds a good idea to me .