#NXTTakeOver: Philadelphia discussion - Jan. 27, 2018: Will Gargano fulfill his dream against Almas?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Agreed, although I don't generally see much to nitpick on TakeOvers.
Thats because most don't watch it every week and give them leeway.

If they used their main roster mentality, you could say "Ohno is just a jobber, poor Dream, he deserves better":neckbeards2:

"Why are Undisputed ERA getting fluke wins, it kills their credibility" :neckbeards2:

"ugh Ember Moon didn't do anything in that match but sell, they buried her" :neckbeards2:

"Stupid refs let then bleed....oh god all these run ins....Why they bury Cole Bay Bay?!?!?" :neckbeards2:

See my point?

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
EL IDOLO out here having MOTYC.

Damn anyone who ever doubted him

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
What a damn good show. Really. Tag match was not as good as other TO tag matches but still it was great. Loved the story. I love ReDragon and they did win without hurting AoP much. AoP may soon be on the main roster, after Mania shows at most. First I didn't like them as I thought that they were just big mans who were slow but they proved me wrong. They both are athletic and good wrestlers. Hope WWE don't screw them up on main roster as well. Also, wouldn't it be nice if they stayed for a little while and feuded War Machine? "War is our Peace" as it says on AoP's titantron.

Dream is so much fun. He is great in ring, great charisma. He's got everything and he's too young as well. Can be a huge star in the future. Nice match but I am really irritated by Ohno. He's got no self respect. I am not saying be a Cena or someone else but at least take care of your physique a little bit. Just a little bit. Not only his looks of body is a shame, his weight also makes it harder for his opponents. Ohno may still go with this weight but his opponents are having a tought time sometimes, Dream before doing Sister Abigailish thing and after doing that move (planted on his head with DDT) seemed a bit weird to me. Glad Velveteen won tho. Also props when he knocked out Ohno and celebrated.

Women's Title Match was better than I expected. Did go almost as much as I expected. Nice story. Ember is a great worker, I love her warrior outfit as well a throwback to her Athena days maybe? Ember had most of the action until that injury spot. Injury spots always make me nervous, also Shayna. Was mad when she got onto finals (especially as she beat Mia Yim) but she is good. She'll get just better but has a lot of menace, credibility, charisma. She is a real threat and I wonder what the future holds for him. Was this NXT run for a while - as Four Horsewomen vs Four MMA Women may happen - or may it not Dave? Still, nice match but probably the weakest. Still, it was solid.

This match. It was so great that I thought it couldn't get any damn better. Can't say much but loved SAnitY involvement. Loved the action, the spots. Also Cole and Aleister is great as characters. Cole is that clever prick and Black is cool af. Black may go for the title with this win.

And the best of the night. And probably it's the best NXT Title Match ever - if not tell me because I didn't watch until 2015. Normally matches go competitive, slows down and move move move move, and it's a nice combination. Indies and NXT have this faster but this one was like lots of counters, a move was about to happen and it got reversed or blocked. Really great match. Both of these guys are like best in NXT ringwise. Pace, talent it had everything. Loved the match, I think it can be a match of the year candidate. And if this match does not get 5 star as well, Dave Meltzer is officially a biased, NJPW lover cunt. Lovely match. I am stunned. Candice, Vega and in the end Ciampa... His heel days in indies as Psycho was great. He's a great heel, can see it from his Twitter.

A great show. NXT is what WWE should be. Not taking a very slow route or very fast one. Tells the stories, brings the matches, gives us what we want and expect, also makes lots of surprises. Gives you a great feeling but does main roster? We'll see in Rumble but everytime they screw a good show one way or another. Still, you are perfect NXT.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Gargano/Almas is the first WWE match in 6 years to recieve a 5 star rating.

EL IDOLO!!!!

Reactions: Crippler