NXT Reinvigorating Talents

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So, the best example of this right now would be Tyson Kidd in my opinion. I honestly believe that those months he spent in NXT helped him grow and to be in the current spot he is right now where he is being featured more prominently and has won the tag titles alongside Cesaro.

Now this isn't really something new because the old ECW afforded some guys a similar chance such as Goldust, although the best example would probably have to have been Mark Henry.

So my question is, given that NXT isn't apposed to using guys who aren't really being featured on the main roster, who are some realistic choices that you would like to see spend some months down in NXT to refresh themselves or become someone new and why?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Should just do special attractions on a limited basis, I would like to see a Sheamus or a Barrett tearing down the house with the NXT top guys for a few shows.

Would probably mark like crazy if Cena came in there to be the "Buryer"....."You gotta go through me to make it to the big time son".

Weez

Reaction score
What about a "Beat the Clock" vs Cena... but .. whoever lasts the longest comes up to the main roster lol. He beats them all in 45 seconds and rips up the contract and walks out.

Backstage Segment, him and Trips "You did everything perfect. Hashtag Buried"

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What about a "Beat the Clock" vs Cena... but .. whoever lasts the longest comes up to the main roster lol. He beats them all in 45 seconds and rips up the contract and walks out.

Backstage Segment, him and Trips "You did everything perfect. Hashtag Buried"
"Y'all ain't got no Hustle, Loyalty and Respect son". :cena:

Would actually like to see a Zayn/Cena match.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
So, the best example of this right now would be Tyson Kidd in my opinion. I honestly believe that those months he spent in NXT helped him grow and to be in the current spot he is right now where he is being featured more prominently and has won the tag titles alongside Cesaro.

Now this isn't really something new because the old ECW afforded some guys a similar chance such as Goldust, although the best example would probably have to have been Mark Henry.

So my question is, given that NXT isn't apposed to using guys who aren't really being featured on the main roster, who are some realistic choices that you would like to see spend some months down in NXT to refresh themselves or become someone new and why?
Tyson got over and featured because of total divas, not NXT, just like the Usos.

Tyson could always go be it on superstars or redemption

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Tyson got over and featured because of total divas, not NXT, just like the Usos.

Thread was already hijacked by how could WWE burst the blood vessels in neckbeards eyes......Cena wins lol.

Weez

Reaction score
"Y'all ain't got no Hustle, Loyalty and Respect son". :cena:

Would actually like to see a Zayn/Cena match.
If those two go at it, who's go actually beat them up the entire match? The both sell like a stockbroker on Wall Street

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If those two go at it, who's go actually beat them up the entire match? The both sell like a stockbroker on Wall Street
Could do it like Cena vs Mysterio.

Underrated and seemingly forgotten match.

-Doz-

Reaction score
Any of the alumni could return. Shield, Wyatts, Dallas, Rusev, Big E, Cesaro, Paige, Emma, Kruger, or Ascension.

Send Fandango, Axel (seriously, not two appearances), Xavier Woods, Darren Young, Slater, or Ryder.

Then of course we have former WWE guys like Kendrick or Rhyno, there are dozens of other guys who could return easily.

-Doz-

Reaction score
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/8-superstars-we-want-to-see-reemerge-in-nxt

WWE.com has posted a new article looking at the former WWE stars they would like to see make a return in NXT, following the returns of Rhyno and The Brian Kendrick. You can check out the article at the link; the list is as follows:

* Chris Masters
* Tajiri
* Shelton Benjamin
* Victoria
* Jason Albert
* Carlito
* Michelle McCool
* John Morrison

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Eh, Total Divas definitley helped his cause (meant to mention that but skipped over it for some reason) but I wouldn't say it solely got him over at all, I still think the NXT run he had towards the top of the card played just as an important part as TD.

Weez

Reaction score
I don't want to see too many outside returns tbh. Rhyno and Kendrick are perfect imo. Lets be honest, Rhyno is a veteran beast who's somewhat limited. His experience to helping the brutes coming up in NXT like Bull Dempsey get over and learn how to work a powerful style and tell a story is great. He's also a great guy to help talent get over as being "tough." A really good "Test" on the way up. Kendrick is a little shit who held on for a long time on the main roster while constantly being outsized. This guy bleeds charisma, like it or not, and can help other undersized guys like Neville find their groove outside of just workrate. A few "Player/Coaches" on the roster don't overshadow the young talent coming up, and add to the product on camera and behind the scenes. Good pick ups, tbh. I hope they stick around.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bubba Ray going to tear up Sami and show Owens how to kill people. :mark:

Could use any established veteran for the show, they bring in a lot of guys to talk to the kids about working vs "workrate". Have some who can give them some matches on TVs and you'll have the best indie ever.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/8-superstars-we-want-to-see-reemerge-in-nxt

WWE.com has posted a new article looking at the former WWE stars they would like to see make a return in NXT, following the returns of Rhyno and The Brian Kendrick. You can check out the article at the link; the list is as follows:

* Chris Masters
* Tajiri
* Shelton Benjamin
* Victoria
* Jason Albert
* Carlito
* Michelle McCool
* John Morrison
all 8 could help.

Masters was a submission guy and had a look, could teach mojo or bull a lot about less is more and being imposing . Tajiri would be fun just interacting with regal again. Shelton could replace what Tyson used to do, but do it a little better. Victoria could work alongside SDZr training the girls and get in the ring with them as opposed to always calling Alicia or Natalya down. Albert and Riley both fit the mold of wannabe Jerry Lawlers. Carlito, I don't see it personally unless if they wanted to work an angle with him as a face and spitting in the face of Prince Pretty to make him more relevant again. Morrison really was never a good wrestler, great spot guy yes, bad talker to boot, so there's nothing really he could do unless if there was some good athletic worker they wanted to build up in the tag scene and besides he works Lucha Underground and is contracted last I checked. McCool speaks for herself, the best female worker they had in the last generation over Mickie, Melina, and Beth; she still looks the same, and she would probably be able to give these girls a go and do a whole storyline seeing as how she was the first undisputed women's champ.

That's not a bad list at all, but if I'm going off their premise of 8 superstars with 6 being men and 2 women here are mine

Michelle McCool and Mickie James
Bubba Ray Dudley, Matt Hardy, Scotty 2 Hotty, Christian (in a Lawler role), Shelton, and RVD

I thought they should have pitched NXT to Rey personally to shorten up his schedule and travel time. He would have given them legitimacy and been a good mentor. I think a guy like Christian actually fits that role as well, to easily injured to work full time, but can do a handful of matches a month and be a guy who can announce or interview to put over guys. Hell and I'd send RVD down there because lord knows he can still go and is over, but he will never be a guy given a story for his 3-4 month at a time returns like Jericho

-Doz-

Reaction score
Apart from Mickie James I quite like your list. Victoria would be a better fit in my opinion, but I am definitely biased against James as I have never been able to stand her.