Nothing Was The Same

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Nothing Was The Same​

Nothing_Was_the_Same_cover_2.png

In four days time, Nothing Was The Same will have been out for a month. Nothing Was The Same is of course, Canadian Rapper Drake's third studio album. As a lot of you might know, I am a massive fan of Drake and he is my favourite artist currently. After Take Cares humongous success selling 631,000 copies in its first week and winning Drake a prestigious Grammy for Best Rap Album, Nothing Was The Same had to be a fantastic album. Fans were expectant and in my opinion, Drake didn't let down.

drake-grammy-drink.jpg

Drake taking a shot from his Grammy

Nothing Was The Same has a perfect blend of Rap and R 'n' B, which is what Drake is all about. On the sales side of things, Nothing Was The Same didn't let down. It sold 658,000 copies in its first week of release which is 27 thousand more than Take Care sold in it's first week of release. Just like Take Care, Nothing Was The Same topped the US billboard 200. It also topped the Canadian Album charts and the Danish Album charts. Metacritic gave Nothing Was The Same a 79/100, which was 1 point more than Take Care which got a 78/100. In my opinion, Nothing Was The Same is far better than Take Care. Don't get me wrong, Take Care was a wonderful album that was reflected by the Grammy it won but Nothing Was The Same is just a different class. It really represents the new direction that Drake's music is going in. Drake said himself that “Take Care is a great album but I listened to it and realized where I could do better and I think I've done better on this album.â€￾ Drake's inspiration that he has gets from Marvin Gaye is another reason that I love this album. Being a huge fan of Marvin Gaye myself, Drake being influenced by him makes the album even better.

DD4z776.png

The ratings of Nothing Was The Same, taken from Wikipedia.

The Standard version of Nothing Was The Same has 13 songs on it and the deluxe version has 15. The two that are added to the deluxe version are Come Thru and All Me. I personally have the deluxe version which I think is better as Come Thru is one of my favourite songs on the album. Nothing Was The Same is full of a number of brilliant songs. Like every album, it has it's big hitters. Behind those big hitters, you will find some real gems. The big hitters on the albums are Hold On We're Going Home, Started From The Bottom and All Me which were all released as singles. Personally, I'm not a massive fan of those three songs and I much prefer other songs on the albums. I actually find Started From the Bottom, the worst song on the album. It's too repetitive and not lyrically as good as most of Drake's songs are. I'd say that my favourite Song on the album is Pound Cake, which features Jay-Z. Pound Cake is put together with another song, Paris Horton Music. In my opinion, Pound Cake is outstanding. Being a fan of the Wu-Tang Clan, the edited sample of C.R.E.A.M that is heavily involved in this song is fantastic. Jay-Z and Drake combine very well on Pound Cake and I’d love them to do some more songs together. Another song that I think is fantastic is Too Much. Overall, I think that Nothing Was The Same is a thing a beauty.

The question I ask you all now is, What do you think of Nothing Was The Same? That's if you've listened to it of course, if you haven't, I heavily recommend you to listen to the whole album. You will not be disappointed.​

Reactions: 1 person

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Best rap album of the year to me. Some simply brilliant production matched with Drake bringing some raw emotion and energetic swag to the table. Favorite song is Wu-Tang Forever followed by Tuscan Leather. As a whole, he shows the world how much he can bring to the table and proved to be one of the only artists this year that truly brought it on his album. With a fair amount of hype, he delivered and then some and pretty much made Born Sinner as well as Yeezus an afterthought by showing that this year was his year to reign supreme in the rap game. The only other albums I feel that give this one a run for its money are Indicud and Long. Live. ASAP.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I'm also a big fan of Long Live A$AP and Indicud, I think Nothing Was The Same is better than both of them though.