No Money In The Bank At WrestleMania 27

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
...it's been cut from Mania entirely, apparently.

1chiban

Reaction score
If this is true, then clearly they really want to push the MITB PPV. Makes sense to an extent not having three MITB matches in one year but it's a shame as it had quickly become a fixture of 'Mania. Also makes me wonder whether people like Morrison are even going to get a match on the 'Mania card :/

Airfixx

Reaction score
"...it's been cut from Mania entirely, apparently."

...According to?

If true, no MITB @ WM = (Y) IMO.

The only thing I would have liked is that if one year they'd had a MITB winner cash in on the same night (prior to Kane since doing it at the MITB PPV that is). (This year would have been ideal too.... Have Miz somehow heel his way past Cena in the ME only for JoMo - who'd have won MITB earlier that night - to cash in at the very end of the night.)

Alternatively, they could have had Miz hold onto the case since the MITB PPV and cash in on Cena after a succesful title defense against [insert hypothetical challenger here], yet lose only to screw cena out of the title the following night. (I wish Miz had been the first gut to LOSE MITB.... Strangely, I think there could have been mileage in such an angle for him.)

As for Jomo... Morrison vs Bryan for the US title sounds like a tasty solution to me.

I R-E-A-L-L-Y hope the mid-card titles find their way back onto the card.

Axis

Reaction score
Good. I'd rather Cody vs Rey, Nexus vs Big Show/Kane/whoever, and Bryan vs Sheamus all with real build than for them to throw together Cody vs Rey vs Barrett vs Big Show vs Bryan vs Sheamus in a ladder match with now story, and call it a Wrestlemania match.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
It's worn out it's welcome quite frankly. Last year's MITB sucked. The PPV matches were okay, but meh. However, I hate the idea of a MITB PPV with two cases running around. Having one at 'Mania still has mileage to it storyline-wise, and gets a bunch of guys a WM spot that wouldn't have been on the show.

I'd rather them hold a MITB match at WM once every 5 or 10 years, then build it as a prestigious match that everybody wants to be in and win. It would also make the matches better.

MITB was their second biggest draw for WM the last couple of years besides Taker's streak, so i'm not surprised they picked the year with The Rock back to pull it back out of WM. Too bad the MITB PPV numbers will be atrocious as all of their shows besides WM and Royal Rumble.

noumenon

Reaction score
There is a MITB PPV...soooo, this is probably for the best. It's just been a sloppy way to include the mid card guys the past few years anyway. How about some mid-card title matches?

1chiban

Reaction score
Talking of JoMo. Rumoured to be tagging with Trish and Kelly to take on Dolph and Laycool.

Corre versus Kofi/Christian (?!)/Show/Kane (Heel?!) is also on the cards apparently. Bit random, and thought they might have Christian in Edge's corner for the Del Rio title match and screw Edge over :/

ahorrig

Reaction score
the rumour is corre vs. kane, show and diesel. SD has kanes face turn.

Reaction score
I'm already getting Mania as it's rounding out quite nicely, despite the whiny bitches that flock around this place. Punk-Orton is being built SUPERBLY, Miz is looking legit against Cena and wit the Rock as an awesome third wheel, I'm stoked as fuck. And as much as I'd like HBK to superkick the shit out of HHH and he returns for the heel run that the fans deserve, I'm still looking forward to HHH/Taker as even though they are at advanced ages, no other pairing has a better grasp on how to tear it down than them, until Cena/Taker comes to fruition. I'm already sold. Plus Cody-Rey will be the goods as will Del Rio-Edge. That's four solid matches right there. People thought last years Mania was going to suck besides HBK/Taker, which was a lie as Jericho and Edge did some good and Batista/Cena went way beyond anyone's expectations.

As far as MITB, I'm glad it's gone too, as it will give Mania a full card feel that it needs, not just some meaningless opening fodder, diva filler and a spot fest, then three big matches packed into the last hour and a half. All I want is Mistico-Bryan for fifteen minutes and the first two hours can be a diva iron woman match and I'd still buy it with what's already attached. As far as the glut of mid carders, there should be plenty of time to fit them in properly, I mean the show is going to be four hours again, right? Build up a strong tag match, that rumored six man Corre-Monsters match and toss in some cross branded matches maybe. Kofi-Sheamus for the IC title, McIntyre-Bourne or something. A battle royal for the no.1 contedership. There's alot they can do to build a card in a month considering they already have 5 well built matches in the two title matches, Orton/Punk, Taker/Trips and Rey/Cody and might as well make it 6 when you consider Lawler-Cole. That's more construction for a Mania card than has gone down in MANY years. It's going to be awesome.

1chiban

Reaction score
For me the prospect of seeing Del Rio and Miz in two of the three main events (alongside Trips-Taker) is great. I'm really looking forward to it like you, Enzo. The Rock being back and Austin probably going to be the special ref in the Cole-Lawler match, it has a big time feel to the whole thing. If Miz and Del Rio somehow win, it will feel like something of a new era coming about. My instinct would say Cena and Del Rio leave as champions, but the way Del Rio is getting the upper hand on Edge all the time worries me. However, Christian continually coming out to save Edge leaves the door open for Christian to screw Edge over.

Montana

Reaction score
i'm fine with no MITB match at Mania this year. I feel that match concept has run it's course at Mania. However i would still like to see a Ladder match on the card. Perhaps a hot feud or the tag titles...WWE has neither going at the moment...Although Danielson vs. Morrision for the US title would be sweet in a ladder match. Hell throw in Sheamus make it a 3 way match.

Mizard of Oz

Reaction score
In my opinion, the Orton vs Punk feud has been one of the better built ones of the PG era.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Yes. This feud has made Orton look a little more credible again (albeit his matches are still a bit of a bore). Orton outside of matches though, is designed to be in an edgier product (not necessarily anything that can't be done in PG). I wish WWE would utilize his ability to be reckless a bit more.