Night of Champions not all title matches?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Thank God. I hope WWE add Christian vs. Alberto to the PPV. It's good to see that talent like Punk, Albertok, Swagger, McIntyre, Christian, MVP, Evan Bourne and Rhodes don't neccessarily need to miss out on this PPV.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
WWE hasn't focused on the tag belts or really put any serious effort into the divas belts or either mid card belt either. Unless you count Dolph Ziggler Vs. Kofi Kingston six thousand times.

So I'm actually kind of happy. Put some actual matches on there that have worthwhile programs on there rather than just all title matches like the Usos Vs. Hart Dynasty for the sixth time. Or two ultra boring divas title matches (or if they go for the title unification thing, either way, obvlaycoolwin so it's boring).

But they should definitely change the PPV for next year then. Rather than have a Night of Champions that has fuck all to do with champions. But at least I think it's a step in the right direction.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Except you ARE gonna get both Divas titles featured. LOL

N.O.C. is one of the better PPV concepts the WWE have.... Would be a shame to see it crapped on.

Then again....

Kane v Taker (WHC)
Six Pack Challenge (WWE)
Diva's unification
Miz v Bryan (US)

They're 2 thirds of the way there already.... Surely just giving Ziggler a heelish win over someone (MVP?) to help his heat wouldn't need much of a back story and then all that leaves is the tag titles and, well, they HAVE admittedly got me stumped on that one.

Thank God. I hope WWE add Christian vs. Alberto to the PPV. It's good to see that talent like Punk, Albertok, Swagger, McIntyre, Christian, MVP, Evan Bourne and Rhodes don't neccessarily need to miss out on this PPV.

"Need to miss out"? ......WWE have 15 or so PPVs every year with which to give guys a PPV match.

Most of the guys you listed get fuck all PPV action anyway.

The six pack challenge has put paid to what would otherwise be 3 individual upper card matches at any typical PPV (which was a smart way to feature all the titles and maintain a bit of star power).

Take the above list, add Punk/Show & Christian/DelRio and, on paper, I'm kinda feeling this PPV (even though I'm not really fussed about the WWE title match).

Reaction score
@ Knox: Actually, WWE could put emphasize on the tag belts if they follow the correct storylines that they've already set out. Either the Dudebusters or Hawkins/Archer should get a shot. After all, Hawkins and Archer did promise a title reign soon but that storyline had been dropped.

@ Airfixx: That's exactly what is wrong. They should be getting PPV matches but they are not.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^According to you though, pretty much everyone needs a push and more PPV matches.... I would say "you see the problem there, don't you?" but you clearly wouldn't....

Anyway the point, I intended to make was that they never get PPV matches anyway, so why screw up a perfectly good PPV concept just to give them a match now (especially as they don't have any notable storyline going on)?

"After all, Hawkins and Archer did promise a title reign soon but that storyline had been dropped."

LOL. I think you'll find that almost every guy in the history of sports pledges to become a contender or champs...

....That's not a storyline, thus it has not been dropped.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^It could have morphed into a storyline. Something anybody says could be turned into one by creative. Del Rio insulted Mysterio and said he would beat him. He did, and they have/had a storyline.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^It really isn't wise to wade in to defend someone elses dumb comments when you're armed with nothing but more of the same.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Seriously guy, just shut up. I really don't care what your saying any more and you posting "Shut Up" "Your Stupid" and etc. Is really just getting annoying, if anybody wants to wonder about spam, talk to Airfixx, hes the master.

Airfixx

Reaction score
God.... I ALMOST feel sorry for you. LOL

I know it's only the internet and it's clear you have no credibility round here to preserve, but surely you got just a little self-respect that's worth looking after?

Lastest piece of advice: Learn what spam is before refering to it, fuck-wit!

Wordlife

Reaction score
I kind of wish I was going to this PPV now :(

The match card really isn't all that bad..

Reaction score
Looks like an alright PPV (Match-wise).

Show/Punk could be good, and the Ziggler/Kofi promises to be another interesting and good battle.

The two main events will be good, I hope. It will be interesting to see if WWE continue to use the "Taker isn't healthy" reason as to why he isn't producing good matches.