1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

Next Tournament

Discussion in 'Tournament Archives' started by Ben, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Ben

Ben WHAT?

Let's get the idea flowing for the next tourney...post some suggestions here and then we can get a poll going for some of the more popular ones.

2. Schmidty

Schmidty ♬ to my ears

bobbyroode2
    antoniocesaro
    romanreigns
    albertodelrio2
    bige
    sheamus2
    So far I got:

Greatest Gold Chasers (Anybody who hasn't won a world title) Some other ppl came up with this first

Greatest Bad Guys (heels)

Greatest PPV's (Like specific ones like Summer Slam 99)

3. Ben

Ben WHAT?

FYI, here's a list of all the past tournament...greatest non world champ and heel have already been done.

Tournament 1: Battle of the Babes
    Tournament #1 - Bracket
    Tournament 2: Wrestlemania Main Events Tournament #2 - WrestleMania Mainevents Bracket
    Tournament 3: Wrestler Entrance Themes Tournament #3: Wrestler Entrance Themes Bracket
    Tournament 4: Greatest IC Champion Tournament 4: Greatest IC Champion Brackets Thread
    Tournament 5: Greatest US Champion Tournament 5: Greatest US Champion Brackets Thread
    Tournament 6: Greatest Tag Team Champions Who are the greatest Tag Champs of All Time?
    Tournament 6.5: Greatest World Champion Who is the Greatest World Champ of All Time
    Tournament 7: Greatest Heel Tournament 7: Greatest Heels
    Tournament 8: Greatest Non- World Champion Tournament 8: Greatest Non World Champions
    Tournament 9: Worst Gimmick Tournament #9 Worst Gimmicks
    Tournament 10: Greatest Woman's Wrestler Tournament 10: Greatest Woman's Wrestler
    Tournament 11: Greatest Promo Man Tournament 11: Greatest Promo Men and Women
    Tournament 12 Greatest Signature Move Tournament 12: Greatest Signature Move

4. Schmidty

Schmidty ♬ to my ears

bobbyroode2
    antoniocesaro
    romanreigns
    albertodelrio2
    bige
    sheamus2
    Oh so how about greatest Raw Moments?

Or just simply greatest match

5. Admin Post
    Dale

Dale Is Best For Business

emma
    randyorton
    mickiejames2
    therock
    lita3
    kofi
    Taken from the other thread:

Best Attitude era mid carder.
    Best Match
    Greatest Match Type

I'd be happy with any of those three

6. The Cork

The Cork Well-Known Member

scottsteiner
    brocklesnar
    carlito
    goldburg
    jakeroberts
    paige
    Best match spans too wide, you'd end up with 100 nominations.

I'd say best babyface, but Hogan vs Austin final is inevitable.

7. Admin Post
    Dale

Dale Is Best For Business

emma
    randyorton
    mickiejames2
    therock
    lita3
    kofi
    Could quite easily be narrowed down to be made more specific, either by company or by time period.

8. ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh Well-Known Member

If you want to give them a chance, Best Indy Moment, or Match. Only way I could ever see one of those moments winning a tournament.

9. zigglerHEEL

zigglerHEEL Well-Known Member

Yeah, as we discussed on the other thread, Greatest match is hard to do.... we talked about doing 4 brackets with each bracket being specific to a company (or block of companies labeled "Indy")... but I'm still not convinced it would work out..... another one I thought of was "Best feud"... it might be a little predictable but I think it would be fun to revisit some of the classic feuds (especially some of the ones from the 80's where a feud was carried out over several months, to a year, to sometimes several years)

10. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

I vote greatest match and I'm willing to help with that one since it'd be more work. Let's have a ton of nominations and make this one last a little while longer than normal ones since it's pretty important.

11. zigglerHEEL

what are ya thinkin Chris? I think what we had said on the other thread was 4 brackets: WWE and WCW/NWA have to have their own bracket and then I think I suggested doing a TNA/ECW bracket and the 4th would be all other Indy feds and Japan.... could do 32 matches per bracket..... another theory would be doing 8 or brackets... could split the WWE and WCW into pre and post Monday night Wars and still have brackets left for TNA, ECW, Indy's and Japan to have their own with 16 matches per bracket.... Lots of possibilities, but also TONS of work

12. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

I say 4 brackets, WWE, WCW, ECW or TNA get their own bracket, everything else (including ECW or TNA depending on who gets their own bracket). 32 matches per bracket or 16 depending on how long we want this to go.

13. zigglerHEEL

we could always just say best match from the 4 biggest feds and forget the likes of ROH and all things Japan....

14. Schmidty

Schmidty ♬ to my ears

bobbyroode2
    antoniocesaro
    romanreigns
    albertodelrio2
    bige
    sheamus2
    TNA, ECW, WWF/WWE, WCW sounds good to me.

15. Ben

Ben WHAT?

If we are doing a big tourney like Greatest Match anyone who wants to help me out it would be greatly appreciated....would mainly need help seeding stuff, but it would go a lot quicker if I had a assistant.