Next Tournament

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Next Tournament

• Greatest Women's Wrestler

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Greatest PPV since WWF became WWE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greatest Tag Team of All Time

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Greatest Promo Men

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Best Finisher

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Best Manager

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Greatest Team to Never Win the Tag Titles

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I retire and let someone else run this

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
If Fabolous Moolah doesn't win that, I will rebel because that would just be insulting if someone who held the Women's Title for 27 years gets beat out by a manager like Trish Stratus who just got a lucky break and eventually got better in the ring.
Anyways since people don't want to be exposed I guess I won't vote for the PPV one this time.

Yes but the point you are missing with Trish is that she actually had the pride to improve on her ring work and thats to her credit she just could have taken the money. She eneded up being one of the biggest female stars of all time.

Pete

Reaction score
What about Gail Kim, Angelina Love, Winter, Cheerleader Melissa, Sara Del Ray, Awesome Kong etc? I even think Layla is pretty solid. Lets not forget Molly Holly who retired some years back she should def be on this list. There are lots on the indie scene and they will all be availble to be included in this tourment if people vote for them.

Definite yes on Sara (from what I hear) and Kong. The others I either don't know or don't think they are that good. Layla was always amongst the most decent in the "new" Divas division.

If Fabolous Moolah doesn't win that, I will rebel because that would just be insulting if someone who held the Women's Title for 27 years gets beat out by a manager like Trish Stratus who just got a lucky break and eventually got better in the ring.

Fair enough, I'd sort of agree, but you have to understand the differences between the product back then and now. Besides, Alundra Blayze also held the title for years (granted, not 27) but they were fabricating her run. Your argument is dangerously easy to subvert - what if I say Goldberg has to be considered the greatest Champion/wrestler of all time because of his streak? Or Cena because of how many titles he held? Or Hogan because he was WHC for like 5 years? See what I mean?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Went finisher but would also prefer Promo

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Fair enough, I'd sort of agree, but you have to understand the differences between the product back then and now. Besides, Alundra Blayze also held the title for years (granted, not 27) but they were fabricating her run. Your argument is dangerously easy to subvert - what if I say Goldberg has to be considered the greatest Champion/wrestler of all time because of his streak? Or Cena because of how many titles he held? Or Hogan because he was WHC for like 5 years? See what I mean?

Sure, Bruno Sammartino has them all beat.

I do though think it's a stretch here to compare those greats to give Trish Stratus legs to stand on against Fabolous Moolah. Moolah was the entire division for pretty much over 25 years. Trish had the likes of Lita to make her look great and they stood out together. I'm not going to give Trish a pass because she first got over in the Attitude era, that is insane.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sure, Bruno Sammartino has them all beat.

I do though think it's a stretch here to compare those greats to give Trish Stratus legs to stand on against Fabolous Moolah. Moolah was the entire division for pretty much over 25 years. Trish had the likes of Lita to make her look great and they stood out together. I'm not going to give Trish a pass because she first got over in the Attitude era, that is insane.

First of all Trish was a much better talent than Lita. If you look at most of Lita's matches they were actually really sloppy, she was just able to hit a decent moonsault, had a good look and got over because of WWE finding a gap in the teenage girl market, which I am glad they did but if you look at most of her matches/promos her work was pretty poor. Trish was a really strong heel as well as being a good wrestler, the difference between the two is that Lita got lucky whereas Trish worked for her sucess.

Actually Trish's main sucess came post attitude era. She won her first Women's title in 2001 and was at her best from 2003 to 2006 a period where hardly anyone got over in WWE.

I am not sure Moolah was actually that good, she is just one of those wrestlers which stand out because she was big in a era where there was very little good female talent at least not in WWF.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I like your first paragraph, Keith but I really wasn't basing this on skill like I would with men because WWE has killed women's wrestling. Plus, I could name Joshi stars for this tournament but they would just get overlooked and a lot of them are ten times better than Trish could ever hope to be. I'm clearly taking a Women's Gimmick Tournament different than I would the rest. I'm sure I harped on Puro stars getting shafted before the other tourneys too and everyone that doesn't follow Puro in any sense just got offended and rebelled.

So this is my stance here. I'm not going any further giving credit to the Attitude Era because I felt if wasn't for that Trish wouldn't be nearly as huge. She stayed relevant because of it until she pretty much solely became the division with a few stars that made her great rivals. I bet there a few others that if they got the same breaks with her commitment it could have been the same. You can't compare that aspect to Moolah. There can never be another Moolah in terms in what she accomplished.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Megumi Kudo is the greatest womens wrestler of all time, but no one even mentions her name in those types of talk.

Voted for greatest tag team.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
I object Deezy! The best woman wrestler has to be Toyata or AJA Kong.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'd say Manami Toyota was the greatest women's wrestler, but Deezy got me thinking and I've hardly seen any of Kudo, so I'm not sure now.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Greatest Women's Wrestler and Great Promo Men will be the next two tournaments. Will open submission of Top Women's Wrestler as always will try to start with 128 so please submit anyone you can think of. I am sure the Japanese wrestlers will be seeded lower but we have enough people on here to give some a run.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Sweet... when do we start submitting and how many?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'd say Manami Toyota was the greatest women's wrestler, but Deezy got me thinking and I've hardly seen any of Kudo, so I'm not sure now.

Well I did watch a fair bit of Gera when it was around so I do have some knowledge as well as a lot of indie talent so I like to think I know my stuff. Toyota is great as is Aja Kong.