New Smark on the Block

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cappii

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm Cappii, and I've been a wrestling fan for as long as I can remember. MY dad used to take me to see the regional shows on Sunday with the Mid-Atlantic guys. I've grown up watching performers like Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ricky Steamboat, Bobby Heenan, Andre (at the end of his career when he was a bad guy), Sting, The Steiners, Lex Luger, and many others. As I got older, I didn't get to watch it as often, but I still got to enjoy the Attitude Era, and the now, softer, gentler WWE. Most all sports are softer and gentler these days.

As it says in my bio, D-Bry and CM Punk are my favorites. I think they tend to honor the old wrestling ways better, and can win a match out of nowhere with whatever finisher they use this time. I also love Santino. I'll get a lot of hate for that, especially since he's now a fomula wrestler, but his days in OVW were awesome as Boris Alexiev, and he still has the potential to be something... but I think he's now stuck in creative purgatory, and will be another perennial jobber when and if he returns from opening his gym.

Yes, I like Hulk Hogan. When I was a kid, Hogan WAS wrestling. There was no one else even close to him when he was on top. The man could tell a story in the ring, and as a kid, I was glued to the edge of my seat every time he was in a match. He, through Vince McMahon, brought wrestling to televisions across the World who had no idea what it was about. Mine was a wrestling household. AWA, Mid-Atlantic, UFW, NWA, WWF... I watched all of them, but nothing and NO ONE compared to Hogan and Hulkamania. It's what the kids talked about. We all wanted to be Hulk Hogan backyard on the trampoline or matresses. Nothing has ever gotten close to what that was about. Not before, not since. And yes, Stone Cold / Rock / Undertaker may be bigger names to all of you, and may have drawn more numbers... but they wouldn't be nearly as hot as they were if Hogan hadn't lit the fire. That being said, he's forgotten what wrestling was really about... and I don't care for his role in TNA, literally or kayfabe. So, let's not bring Hollywood Hogan into the mix.

Long story short, I love wrestling. I don't get to watch it as much as I used to, but I do still DVR it in hopes that I'll catch a break... with the exception of RAW. I make an effort to watch it live every week.

Anyway, this is supposed to be an intro, and not a book... so I'll end it here. Thanks for reading, and I'll see some of you in the forums :)

Reactions: 1 person

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Welcome to the site, glad to see you're already active and posting.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Welcome to WrestlingSmarks!

Great introduction. Good to see another old school fan on the forum.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler