Names Under Consideration for WWE HOF

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wrestling Observer Newsletter said:
Among those discussed this past week for induction into the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame were Bill Goldberg, Lex Luger and Ron Simmons.

Also under consideration for induction into the Hall is that of the Four Horsemen. Company officials would prefer to induct the group as opposed to solely Arn Anderson. However, the group’s induction will likely hinge on whether Ric Flair re-signs with TNA Wrestling once his current contract expires early next year.

WWE also has strong interest in inducting Sting into the Hall of Fame, though his availability hinges on whether he re-signs with TNA Wrestling for 2011.

Wrestlemania 27 is in Atlanta, Georgia and that was where WCW headquarters was. Therefore it does make sense that WWE look to induct some WCW wrestlers into the HOF.

Goldberg is a great choice in my view, he had a great run in WCW and even though his WWE run wasn't that exceptional he was still a huge name and should get in.

Ron Simmons is from Georgia so he should be a shoe-in. He was a WCW world champion and was successful in WWE as part of the Nation and then APA.

Lex Luger is another who was more successful in WCW than WWE and so would appeal to the Atlanta crowd. He has been very sick in recent years so it would be nice if he was recognised whilst he is still here. He was added to the Smackdown vs RAW 2011 video game so that may be an indication that he will be inducted this year.

With the four horsemen I like the idea of inducting them as a group rather than just one at a time. It was an iconic group that was ahead of it's time. Maybe they should wait another year until Flair finally retires.

Sting is another great choice even though he never had anything to do with WWE he is a legend that should be recognised. Next year would be the best year for him but again it depends on his TNA status.

All in all they can't have all these guys in the one year as that is using too many big names at once. I can see WWE picking three out of this group and it also depends on whether or not they will accept the invitation.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Would Ole Anderson, Tully Blanchard and JJ Dillion (not sure if he would be part of the induction) be inducted without being part of a group induction? I think that their best chance would be as a group whereas Arn and Flair would clearly be able to get in on their own. Would be nice to see them wait but if Flair stays in TNA too long then I see them going with AA on his own.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Dillon would have to be included. Tully left the WWE due to drug problems and Ole and Vince are not on good terms so I would be surprised if Vince waited on Flair. It would make more sense to induct them all though, but the question becomes do all members get inducted because then Windham, Luger, Sting, Sid, Roma, Malenko, Pillman, Jarrett, McMichael and Benoit get in as well. And we know how Vince feels about Jarrett and Benoit.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that they would just induct the original four horseman rather than inducting the every incarnation of the group. The original were the most famous and they made the group special plus like you said some of the others aren't on good terms with Vince and some others would get in on their own.