1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

Mysterio coming to Impact?

Discussion in 'Impact Wrestling' started by Kairi HoHo, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Kairi HoHo

Kairi HoHo I want it all!

I wanna laugh so hard at this because I made a similar thread four or five months ago with another forum with Impact's interest in wanting Mysterio and nothing came of it. I said he'll be a name, and if they do get him it would be smart to use him like Lucha Underground to preserve him in such a good way that would be a asset to the company. If I had to give a wish list, I would say Impact should be looking to fill up the Tag Team, and Knockouts Division maybe more than trying to get Mysterio right now.

2. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    Konnans is seemingly his manager, he's tight with the new management and I'm going to make an educated guess and say WWE doesn't need him on their roster right now.

Let's see if he can move the needle. Didn't exactly do that for LU.

3. Kairi HoHo

Kairi HoHo I want it all!

I mean LU is pretty stacked with talent though. I thought Rey was used perfectly in the company I mean he had a two great feuds with Mundo and Prince Puma. Sometimes you don't have to have a guy win all the time, and they still look strong as hell. It's that balance and if Impact is interested in him truly they'll need to do it in such a way like his days in LU.

4. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    I'm saying Rey didn't move the needle for LU.

their show didn't gain any traction with their 3rd season at all.

5. Captain Charisma

Captain Charisma GLORIOUS

bobbyroode2
    kurtangle2
    christian2
    ajstyles2
    austinaries2
    hhh
    I don't want him. Huge name, huge star and can still go but why don't you try to do what made you one of the better companies in wrestling years ago?

6. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    Hire WWE castoffs at the expense of guys who were there from day one?

Hiring Vince Russo?

Or hiring Hogan and Bischoff?

When exactly were they one of the better wrestling companies?

7. Captain Charisma

bobbyroode2
    kurtangle2
    christian2
    ajstyles2
    austinaries2
    hhh
    No, finding guys like Joe, AJ, Daniels, MCMG etc etc

Before Hogan, Bischoff and others came, TNA was probably best alternative for WWE. They were doomed when those two challenged WWE.

8. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    They didn't anything with anyone you listed. ....utility guys just used as lackeys for all WWE castaways.

Took Christopher Daniels turning 40 to get his comedic push.

9. Captain Charisma

bobbyroode2
    kurtangle2
    christian2
    ajstyles2
    austinaries2
    hhh
    Utilising Christian, Angle is a great move. Sure, there are lots of stupid castaway signings but saying TNA was not a hot topic back in the day is nonsense. Wow, it's like 10-13 years ago.

10. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

They were a hot topic among wrestling fans when they moved to spike in 05 or 06 but it was basically a steady decline until they brought in Hogan, and then I'm pretty sure the same steady decline happened. The product has never been exceptionally worse or better than usual IMO, it's always been shit with some high points at times.

Summer or so of 2012 probably the best stretch impact ever had of quality shows tbh

11. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    Utilising Angle? More like enabling him.

Let's not pretend they were using him during the darkest times of his life and they didn't care.