Motivation to watch professional wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Right now, I am at my lowest level of interest in wrestling since I started watching. I just simply do not care about anything that is going on, nothing seems to interest me right now. I've always been a WWE guy with TNA in there, never been a huge indie guy (I do like a little bit of british stuff and some american stuff) but I don't watch it loads.

The question that I pose here is, what motivates you to keep up and watch professional wrestling? Is it capataviting storylines? Is it amazing matches? Or is it that it's just tradition and you have loyalty to it.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Definitely watch it a lot less than I used to, but nowadays I take comfort in the fact there's so much stuff out there that there's always an alternative.

For example, at the moment I'm watching WWE more than usual but that's because I've got the Network between now & WM. And my viewing of modern stuff has been solely NXT.

But once WM is passed I'll catch up on some PWG as I'm behind on that, I'm hoping to get to another CHIKARA show when they stop off here again in May, & I do my damndest to keep up with the shenanigans up in ICW. That's the key to me, variety & choice.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's my loyalty to it and I still like it TBH. I've been watching since I was 7 and I just find it really entertaining.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Loyalty, really.

I still watch the weeklies such as Raw and Smackdown along with nXt. I also watch older stuff on the Network, and do my best to keep up with indies like PWG (my favorite indy), and recently I've been watching some NJPW which I really like what I have seen.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I still watch wrestling. I usually just record the WWE shows and watch them. Don't watch TNA anymore. Just lost complete interest in the company.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wrestling is always going to be full of peaks (1984-1990, 1998-2001) and valleys (now), but like most have said, loyalty is what will keep me coming back. When it's done right, I firmly believe that pro wrestling is the greatest form of entertainment out there, so I'll always come back to the well in the hopes of seeing that again. In the meantime, as some have said, having the network helps because I can just go back and watch all the really good stuff while I wait.

Indy's help too, I should really start watching PWG again soon.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
Wrestling is my life. Really. I have other hobbies and interests of course but it all comes back to wrestling. I read a Bat man comic book and ask how can this go into the wrestling world. Same with western movies and other stuff. I even think of promos from Britney Spears songs. I think about wrestling time when I wake up and time I go to bed. And sometimes I do dream about it.

Can't explain why either. Friends ask me why I love wrestling and I really don't have an answer. But I can't imagine life without it.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Drew

Reaction score
I wacj and fast forward through every show I can find. Raw, SD, impact and Lucha Underground.

Miss some weeks but always try to at least skim through them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Loyalty and passion are the keys. If you don't absolutely love professional wrestling, you're eventually going to lose interest.

Even when I'm not even remotely interested in keeping up with wrestling at the moment, I never stop thinking about wrestling in general. I still love wrestling. I still think about what might happen in the future. I still keep my ear open to see if something interesting enough happened to force me to watch again and I always fondly look back on older wrestling. Even when I'm not watching Raw or TNA, I'll watch a few matches or shows on the Network from my favorite eras. Eventually, something eventful enough will happen that immediately draws me or I force myself catch up and while I'm catching up, I remember why I love wrestling and I'm legitimately interested in keeping up by the time I finish. I'm usually more enthused about the product then before I stopped. The way I figure it, it's like anything else in life, occasionally you get burnt out and need a recharge.

It's not that you're losing interest, it's that you need a break to appreciate it when you come back to it.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I honestly havent watched anything in months right now mainly due to work and being extremely bored with the product. I went through this about 7 years ago as well but i always find my way back at some point. I will again and i will watch WM and a few other things on the network from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I've had breaks before from wrestling but this is the first time I've actually tried to keep up and I just lose interest whenever I try and watch it. I just can't sit through any wrestling product at the moment, I think I am yearning for something to spark my interest again.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage