Most Disappointing Match of All Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Actually no he didn't quit the night after LMS, it was after I quit. Misunderstand but no, don't think it had anything to do with Batista leaving WWE.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't care what no one says that finish for the last man standing match was genius as it was never done before. That is a first complaining that Cena looked weak. Shouldn't be such a thing as Cena looking too weak as strong as he is always booked since 05.

As for HHH/Steiner I didn't expect much from that match anyways but even then it still ended up being worse than I figured despite low expectations

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
HHH/Steiner matches from Royal Rumble and No Way Out was so awful. I mean man... it was just so bad. How many times can I say it? A lot... it was bad.

But from hype standpoint... it has to be Hogan/Sting cause that match was really a pure letdown.

And then from ECW... Taz vs. Sabu but really... it wasn't their fault. That match had such an incredible build and hype that there was no way those two could come close to matching it. I mean for what it was worth the match was pretty good but there was no way they could match the build/hype of it.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I was disappointing by the first Hell in a Cell ppv in 09 because the Hell in a Cell had always been my favorite gimmick match. It was three shitty matches. CM Punk vs. Taker HIAC was one of Punk's worse matches in his WWE career.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Every Kane match, ever.

Matthew

Reaction score
Undertaker Vs Triple H at last years WrestleMania wasn't a good match. I thought the whole show was bad but man that match stood out as bad for who was involved.

Deuce

Reaction score
Undertaker vs Giant Gonzales at Wrestlemania, it was a fail of a match and it was very disappointing.

BadBooking

Reaction score
I've got a couple of them:

1. Triple H/Goldberg/Kane from Armageddon 2003
2. Undertaker/Mark Henry from Unforgiven 2007
3. Miz/John Cena from Wrestlemania 27
4. Batista vs. JBL from GAB 2005

I don't horrifically disapprove of Taker/Gonzales as much because it was one of those matches you know had to suck before walking in.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
RVD vs AJ Styles.

All Triple H/Randy Orton matches were utter disappointments.

Altervers

Reaction score
As several above had said Goldberg vs Lesnar is up their in terms of disappointments go. Knowing both men were done after that match killed it before they even begun the match which was far from good. Another that falls under the category for me is John Cena vs The Miz WM27. The match was short and poorly presented, the ending was the worst part of the match. Sadly the most entertaining thing about the match was Cena's and Miz's entrances.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Miz still trying to put on a decent match after he got his head bounced off the cement saves the match for me.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
tbf i was not disappointed by that match, cause i knew it was not going to be special.

Got_Swag

Reaction score
I got one no one mentioned and it came from WrestleMania 8 and it was the MAIN EVENT, Sid Justice versus Hulk Hogan! The match ended in a disqualification won by Hogan. The match wasn't for a title and was the first time and hopefully only time ever that the main event at WrestleMania didn't end via a pinfall or submission. The match itself was terrible and should have been on the middle of the card. It was all built up for Ultimate Warrior's return, but didn't grant it a main event slot for it. The main event should have been Randy Savage versus Ric Flair for the WWE title.

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
One that sticks out ot me is Triple H VS Booker T for the World title a few Manias ago.

Booker was SO ready, and Trips was like "Fuck that noise, get ready for the no sell burial TROLOLOLOLOL"

Also, more recently, Roode VS Angle for the title where angle did the same thing. and they had built up roode for like 4 months.