Montel Vontavious Porter Released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuzzbuzz

Reaction score
MVP wants to try new things so best of luck to him.

Bit of a pity though, I always found him a solid promo and worker and probably should have had at least a crack at the main event.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
In two weeks, we'll see him in AAA as "El Vontavious", the gangster lucha libre.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
This really sucks. MVP was actually one of the most over guys in WWE, and as much as i'd love to say "it was a matter of time before he was pushed to the main event", realistically that probably wouldn't have happened either seeing as WWE neglected to push him when there were so many opportunities (ie, drafted to Raw and could've easily fueded with Orton).

He was likely not pushed because of his age (he's in his early 40's isn't he? Not exactly a future investment), or because, like someone said, they couldn't figure out how to market him, especially as a face.

At least he asked for his release rather than being fired. It was his choice. Knowing that brightens the situation a little.