Mike Epps to play Richard Pryor

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Lee Daniels has finally found his Richard Pryor—and he made the announcement with a little help from his friend Oprah Winfrey. On Sunday, Aug. 24, Winfrey posted a picture on her Instagram of herself, Lee Daniels, and Mike Epps after the trio had completed a first read-through of the Richard Pryor movie. Daniels did the same shortly after on his Twitter, confirming Epps’ starring role. Epps later tweeted a picture of himself with Richard Pryor’s wife, Jennifer Pryor, after the two met so Epps could ask for Jennifer’s blessing to portray her husband. Winfrey’s involvement has not been clarified—though she did star in a supporting role in the director’s previous film, Lee Daniels’ The Butler. A biopic of the late comic has long been in development, even while Pryor was still alive. (He chose Epps for the role in 2005.) Several other actors have been attached to the project, including Marlon Wayans and Eddie Murphy—but with the backing of Daniels and Winfrey, the film looks to be finally getting off the ground and into the spotlight.

Richard Pryor's life is definitely suited for a movie, a lot of it would be unbelievable if it wasn't true, not sure how to feel about Mike Epps, he was always a scene stealer in every movie I've seen him in, I kind of wanted the focus to be on his early life. Guessing it will go through f;ashbacks and Epps will be 70s-2005. Apparently Oprah will play his Madam grandmother.

Thoughts?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He would be fine if he looked semi aged and acted like he did in jumping the Broom at times. He can be overly silly and vulgar, but yeah he's fine since he's an actual comedian.

I would have loved to see Terrance Howard find the role but Epps is good

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It is about time we got a film about about Pryor's life. Just hope that with Daniels directing it doesn't become too much of a rant on racial politics and more of a balanced account of a very complex and talented person.

TBH I don't know much about Epps so can't comment on his choice. Someone refresh me on what else he has been in?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
All About the Benjamin's
Next Friday
Friday after Next
Jumping the Broom
Malibus Most Wanted
How High
Resident Evil
Fighting Temptations
Honeymooners
Guess Who
Roscoe Jenkins
Soul Men
Next Day Air
Faster
The Hangover
Sparkle
Lottery ticket (I just saw this a couple months ago)

That's all I've seen personally of him ... He also a has a bunch of comedy stand up shows on Hulu and Netflix you can watch. He also was a voice in Open Season

He's under appreciated like Eddie Griffin to me

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler