Michael Keaton to play Vulture in Spider-Man: Homecoming

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I could actually get down with this. I think it would be great to have someone of Michael Keaton's caliber in the movie. Add him with Marissa Tomei and RDJ and it is becoming a stellar supporting cast to ease Tom Holland into his own movie.

Now that Spider-Man is officially part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe thanks to his epic debut in Captain America: Civil War, everyone is more eager than ever for next year's Spider-Man: Homecoming, which will be the character's first solo film as part of the MCU. We know that Tom Holland will be playing Peter Parker, but we don't yet know for sure who Spidey will be squaring off against. Word has it we are very close to finding out for sure. According to a new report, The Vulture will be the bad guy in the new Spider-Man film. Today, it is confirmed that Michael Keaton will very likely play him.

According to THR, the Oscar nominated actor is in final negotiations to join the superhero flick and is very close to closing a deal. This is far from the first that we have heard of Keaton flirting with the role in Spider-Man: Homecoming though. Recently, reports were circulating that Keaton was being pursued by Marvel Studios and Sony to take on the role of The Vulture, but talks fell through after an offer was made and other actors were being pursued. However, as luck would have it somehow, someway Keaton has come back around and it is looking like he'll be back in a big superhero franchise.

Keaton brought Bruce Wayne to the big screen in Tim Burton's 1989 landmark superhero movie Batman. Keaton's career has enjoyed a massive resurgence as of late, ever since the actor decided to poke a bit of fun at himself, and at superhero movies in general, in the Oscar winning Birdman, for which he was nominated for best actor, ultimately losing out to Eddie Redmayne for his work in The Theory of Everything. The actor continued his hot streak last year, starring in Spotlight, which took home Best Picture at the 2016 Academy Awards.

The Vulture is one of Spider-Man's most classic villains and has been rumored to be making his way to the big screen for quite some time. Long before Sony decided to reboot the character of Spider-Man with the Andrew Garfield fronted The Amazing Spider-Man, Sam Raimi had plans to make a fourth Spider-Man film, after the disappointment that was Spider-Man 3, and The Vulture was rumored to be the villain for that film and was to be played by John Malkovich. That would never come to pass, but now the MCU is in a position to bring Adrian Toomes to the big screen for the first time.

Civil War has already crossed $1 billion worldwide and the film still has a long way to go before it wraps up its theatrical run, so the world will be very familiar with the new Spider-Man by the time Spider-Man: Homecoming hits theaters on July 7, 2017. The standalone reboot is being helmed by newcomer Jon Watts, who also directed Kevin Bacon's Cop Car last year.

Reactions: Keith

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Find somebody else, Keaton does this, it just means I won't get a Beetlejuice sequel any time soon.
Give the role to this guy
main-qimg-30fd88a29540ff8d95bee1403fc358d8

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I think were waiting 2-3 years minimum for Beetlejuice 2 anyway.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
FYI the Beetlejuice sequel was a hoax.

Many Bothans died to bring you this Tapatalk message.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah the guy that played Mike in Breaking Bad would be much better as The Vulture than Keaton. Good call Deezy.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Keaton will kill it as Vulture, he does well playing Birds and Bats these days. This is just a rumor right now that Marvel might want to have Vincent D’Onofrio reprise his role as the Kingpin for this movie for Spider-Man. Yeah his world might be dark, but he could be the guy that orders Vulture to kill Spider-Man or at least put him back in his bed with Aunt May. If they can get Vincent D’Onofrio apart of this movie too, wow this Spider-Man has the chance to be better than Spider-Man 2 my personal favorite of them all.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Keaton will kill it as Vulture, he does well playing Birds and Bats these days. This is just a rumor right now that Marvel might want to have Vincent D’Onofrio reprise his role as the Kingpin for this movie for Spider-Man. Yeah his world might be dark, but he could be the guy that orders Vulture to kill Spider-Man or at least put him back in his bed with Aunt May. If they can get Vincent D’Onofrio apart of this movie too, wow this Spider-Man has the chance to be better than Spider-Man 2 my personal favorite of them all.

D'Onofrio already stated he has not been approached and doesn't see it happening. Keaton has been confirmed.

Keaton will shine in yet another movie. He can pull off a superhero or villain. I mean, really, he was the goddamn Batman.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Saw the new movie today. Though I enjoyed it and Keaton was great as the villain (as I expected him to be), i didn't think he was given enough screen time. Same with MT's Aunt May. Think there's a lot that could have been cut from the high school stuff to give those characters greater space to breath.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Saw the new movie today. Though I enjoyed it and Keaton was great as the villain (as I expected him to be), i didn't think he was given enough screen time. Same with MT's Aunt May. Think there's a lot that could have been cut from the high school stuff to give those characters greater space to breath.
Wasn't about them.....it's a John Hughes movie about the teens.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Saw this over the weekend and thought it was fantastic. Tom Holland is perfect as Spider-Man/Peter Parker, and Michael Keaton was great as Vulture.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Wasn't about them.....it's a John Hughes movie about the teens.

No I get that, and that's the appeal to the target crowd. But can only speak for me personally. For me those characters should be important and should have gotten more screen time.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The ride to the prom is the best scene in any spiderman movie hands down for me......even beats the subway scene in spiderman 2.