Matt Hardy Released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE.com posted the following statement:

WWE has come to terms on the release of Matt Hardy, effective as of October 15, 2010. WWE wishes Matt Hardy the best in his future endeavors
Hardy has already commented via twitter, writing:

"Thank God! :) I swear.. It was harder for me to get released then it was to get hired! This is ABSOLUTELY what I want, now I can be me! I wanna thank WWE for giving me an opportunity, & I thank all the people & friends that helped me there. But I HAD to move on to be happy. I wanna thank JR, who hired me, Michael Hayes, who taught me SO much, & Vince, for letting me make a living & learn from him for 12 years. While some of you make look at this as an ending-I promise you, this is THE MUTHAF*CKING BEGINNING FOR MATT HARDY! Now I can create change!"

About time this happened. He seemed to be getting crazier by the day and it is better for both sides that he was released. Matt wasn't happy there and clearly wanted to go elsewhere and WWE had no use for him anymore. I expect Matt to turn up in TNA in no time, although it is unclear whether or not he has a 90 day no compete clause. I would assume that he does so that means he can't work for them for three months. I guess he can focus on restarting OMEGA.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
It is about time. Matt has just been an annoyance as of late with his tweets, youtube videos, and all that crap about wanting out of WWE. And all that crap. And now he's out and whether he has a 90 day no compete clause or not we all know that he's going to be knocking on the TNA door to ride with Jeff.

Matt Hardy... had potential. He had real potential back when he was doing V.1 and was wearing the pajama pants to the ring. That was good. But he was WHITE HOT after the whole Edge/Lita/Matt triangle when they brought Matt in the way he did. Albeit Matt was pretty much destroyed in every encounter they had... Matt had a lot of momentum behind him and then he just got lazier and lazier. And crazier and crazier.

And now he's free to make more tweets and make more videos until he gets to go to TNA.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He did have a lot of potential. He always seemed to be in the shadow of Jeff but on Smackdown with his V.1. gimmick he was over big time and had some fantastic matches and feuds. That gimmick worked perfectly for him and the promos with him cutting weight to make the crusierweight limit were hilarious. He had more momentum again when he returned against Edge like you said and then when he faced MVP he was majorly over and seemed destined to get his World title shot then but it wasn't to be. His last 12 months were just bland and it all started going down hill. He seemed destined to become a world champion at various stages but it just wasn't to be and it seemed like each time he was overlooked he became crazier.

The wrestling news websites are going to be overloaded with stories about Matt now that he can tweet and post anything with no restrictions. He will keep his profile up to ensure that he isn't forgotten about by the fans and the wrestling media.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well yes that 2002-03 heel run was when he was at his best as a singles guys. I just think WWE never got behind it the way they needed to. He mostly wrestled the cruiserweights and mid-card guys, and when he did score a victory over someone higher up it was treated as a fluke.

IMO Matt never got over how they bungled the whole Edge/Lita shoot angle. Last decent thing he was involved in was the feud with Gregory Helms about four years ago. Its no great loss to WWE. Doubt he would add much to TNA, although it would not suprised me if they signed him. Hardy will not be short of work on the indie scene of couse.