Mark Out Moment: RVD Wins Title @ One Night Stand VS Hogan Slams Andre

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mark Out Moment

• RVD Title Win

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Hogan Slams Andre

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
RVD moment was great but Hogan slamming Andre just had an epic feel to it. Did anyone actually think RVD was gonna lose? You knew Hogan was going to win but you didn't know he'd hit a bodyslam.

Pretty sure the guy with the "If Cena Wins We Riot" sign wasn't 100% sure on the outcome.

Again, this was the first time RVD won a major championship, it was not the first time Hogan slammed Andre.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Pretty sure the guy with the "If Cena Wins We Riot" sign wasn't 100% sure on the outcome.

Again, this was the first time RVD won a major championship, it was not the first time Hogan slammed Andre.

Yeah, and Andre also hadn't really been undefeated for 15 years. People didn't know that just like they didn't know Hogan slammed Andre before. Doesn't change the moment, especially not in the fans that were there's eyes.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I honestly don't see how anyone could vote against Hogan/Andre here. It was the climax of the single most important Wrestlemania of all time.

Probably because many of us weren't even born yet, so we didn't get to see it happen as it was happening. It just doesn't have the same effect on us as it would on someone who was there. Kind of like watching a WWII movie with a vet. It's just doesn't have the same impact.

BDC

Reaction score
Now, THIS was a close one! But call me old school...goin with Hogan!

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
To be fair I think there was some doubt withit being against Cena, not to mention that WWE had inconsistently booked RVD for years. Had a feeling he might win the title but it was far from clear cut.
I wouldn't call it inconsistent. Most people doubted if he could handle it, and it was reported trips refused to job to him because he thought he would fuck up with the title in his possession making the company look bad (boy was he right). RVD always had a good place on the card for someone with his habit and known for busting guys open. Weed was always his only enemy as it came to the main title

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
What WAL said in his original response. Giving it to Hogan/Andre. Such a legendary moment in wrestling history.

Reaction score
My vote went to Hogan/Andre, when Hogan slammed Andre, I raised to my feet in my amazement, no lie. It was overall a legendary match.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Probably because many of us weren't even born yet, so we didn't get to see it happen as it was happening. It just doesn't have the same effect on us as it would on someone who was there. Kind of like watching a WWII movie with a vet. It's just doesn't have the same impact.
I agree with this. I was born only a few months after the incident so it was impossible for me to mark out when it happened and by the time I did see it i'm pretty sure I would have already seen something of a similar feat.