Mark Out Moment: Hogan Turns Heel VS Austin Beer Truck

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mark Out Moment

• Hogan Heel Turn

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Austin Beer Truck

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ben

Reaction score
Hogan Heel Turn
[video=youtube;cO9zxsRzN-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO9zxsRzN-M[/video]

Austin Beer Truck

[video=youtube;k3IEWwXWnRc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3IEWwXWnRc[/video]

Weez

Reaction score
Some of the pairings for the opening round are rough. Beer truck deserved a better opponent lol. It was a cool moment, but imo, Hogan turning needs to win this tourney.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Hogan turning heel wasn't really something many people "marked out" for because it was confusing to half the fans and infuriating to the other half. Though Austin driving that beer truck into the arena and drowning Vince in beer was something that truly made you jump out of your chair and scream "FUCK YEAH!"

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Hogan's heel turn for me as it was just so unexpected and just totally shocked the hell out of me to the point of excitement of what is going to happen now.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Fuck I hate Hogan but his heel turn was something that came out of the blue.

Loved the Austin Beer Truck but Hogan gets my vote.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Hogan turning heel wasn't really something many people "marked out" for because it was confusing to half the fans and infuriating to the other half. Though Austin driving that beer truck into the arena and drowning Vince in beer was something that truly made you jump out of your chair and scream "FUCK YEAH!"

I agree with what you say here, because it was 96 before wrestling was exposed and all that, and I was just 15 at the time so remembered being shocked and really believing it. Still it is such an iconic and important moment in wrestling history just can't vote against it here.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Cant stand Hulk, but the biggest face possibly ever turning his back on all the fans, that's priceless. And something wrestling companies don't have the balls to do thesedays.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Beer truck was only a go home show, Hogans heel turn was the the boom for the wrestling in the 90s. Hate Hogan all you want, he only ushered two booms

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I think we have some very differing opinions on what "marking out" means.... I'm not saying I'm right, but I look at it as something that you didn't see coming that gets a natural and real reaction out of you whether it is positive or negative... if you were a kid when the Hogan heel turn happened and it very truly upset you and caused a real reaction then that was you "marking out"....I marked at that moment because I was expecting another recent WWF departee to be the third member and when Hogan ran out I fully expected him to take out Hall and Nash and then be attacked from behind by the third member.. when he dropped the leg on Savage I stood up from my chair thinking HOLY SHIT did they just pull this off!!

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think we have some very differing opinions on what "marking out" means.... I'm not saying I'm right, but I look at it as something that you didn't see coming that gets a natural and real reaction out of you whether it is positive or negative... if you were a kid when the Hogan heel turn happened and it very truly upset you and caused a real reaction then that was you "marking out"....I marked at that moment because I was expecting another recent WWF departee to be the third member and when Hogan ran out I fully expected him to take out Hall and Nash and then be attacked from behind by the third member.. when he dropped the leg on Savage I stood up from my chair thinking HOLY SHIT did they just pull this off!!
Well for me as a kid I actually didn't like Hogan so him turning heel didn't make me upset I got excited over it like in a omg this is happening type thing. Plus I was a Hall and Nash fan since I liked Razor and Diesel so that helped.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Honestly think I marked more for the milk truck. I voted for Hogan though I'm sad that Austin isn't doing better.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Was anyone surprised by the beer truck really? It was a cool idea and all, but that kind of thing was expected weekly out of the rattlesnake.
Hogan though...wow...that was absolutely mindblowing. I'm going with Hollywood.