Mark Out Moment: HBK Beats HHH At Summerslam VS Daniel Bryan Wins World Title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mark Out Moment

• HBK Beats HHH

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Daniel Bryan World Title Win

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weez

Reaction score
Also, Michaels didn't train Danielson. Total myth. This is a quote from your guy CM Punk.

" I hear you guys all the time talking about Daniel Bryan, trained by Shawn Michaels. One curious thing to me is, how come you guys never mention William Regal? William Regal did the real work with this young man. Shawn Michaels took $3,000 from him, that's all he ever did. "

Raw, October 25, 2010.

Punk is a Vanilla Midget. No Personality. He needs to drop a "pipebomb" in the damn gym, if he could find his way there. Anything he says is irrelevant, because HE is irrelevant. OMG, I want to touch Batista's muscles.

/Corked

I tease, but by your own logic, that's irrelevant. Also, since when has Kayfabe promo mattered?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He's said it in a million media apps too, I just quoted the one off TV.

Also Weez before you decide to parody me, make sure you havent got a fetish for malnourished looking indy guys with pigeon chests and chicken legs.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Frankly just HBK returning, never mind the win, was a serious... erm... "markout moment" for me (I really hate that term), so I went with that. Many thought he would never wrestle again after his initial retirement following WM14 and he even had a match in the indies a few years prior that was billed to be his final match (I believe it was against Marty, but I'm not certain about that). So needless to say, seeing him return to the ring at SummerSlam against Triple H was a pretty big deal to me. I wasn't even following wrestling a lot that year, but I went out of my way just to see that.

Reaction score
Shawn Michaels is the bench mark of Vanilla Midget for Cork's logic. Worst drawing WWE Champion for a good two decades.

Enough said, I marked out for Shawn Michaels return because I was like... 11/12, it was pretty exciting and the first real big return for me at the time; now I just think of him as an overrated hall of famer xD.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah there is nothing overrated about Shawn Michaels. I respect that some people just don't like the guy because he admittedly was a bit of douchebag (probably still is, hell) but people who bash his wrestling ability or achievements are just complete fanboys whose opinions I just completely disregard. And not just their opinions of him, but their opinions of wrestling in general because it demonstrates a complete and utter lack of good sense.

Though I fully acknowledge the excessive mainstream praise some wrestlers receive from WWE (and everyone else) while nearing their retirement can be annoying to some fans, that doesn't mean you should just throw up your arms and say "You know what... this guy SUCKS" because it just makes you look spiteful and foolish. WWE definitely stroked Shawn excessively prior to Wrestlemania 26 and I admit that even I rolled my eyes at a lot of it (including that dvd proclaiming him as the best WWE wrestler of all time lolololol) but the guy was an asset that any sensible wrestling promotion on PLANET EARTH would give damn nearly anything to have. He was legendary by every definition of the word.

Weez

Reaction score
He's said it in a million media apps too, I just quoted the one off TV.

Also Weez before you decide to parody me, make sure you havent got a fetish for malnourished looking indy guys with pigeon chests and chicken legs.

No, Cork. The irony of me parodying you is that I do have a great fondness for people that can actually Wrestle. I don't care if they're 300lbs and 6'7" or 5'8, 165 lbs. I'm absolutely an Equal Opportunity Watcher. Oddly, I grew up in the 'Roid era of no-neck giants.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah there is nothing overrated about Shawn Michaels. I respect that some people just don't like the guy because he admittedly was a bit of douchebag (probably still is, hell) but people who bash his wrestling ability or achievements are just complete fanboys whose opinions I just completely disregard. And not just their opinions of him, but their opinions of wrestling in general because it demonstrates a complete and utter lack of good sense.

Though I fully acknowledge the excessive mainstream praise some wrestlers receive from WWE (and everyone else) while nearing their retirement can be annoying to some fans, that doesn't mean you should just throw up your arms and say "You know what... this guy SUCKS" because it just makes you look spiteful and foolish. WWE definitely stroked Shawn excessively prior to Wrestlemania 26 and I admit that even I rolled my eyes at a lot of it (including that dvd proclaiming him as the best WWE wrestler of all time lolololol) but the guy was an asset that any sensible wrestling promotion on PLANET EARTH would give damn nearly anything to have. He was legendary by every definition of the word.

I liked this after "Yeah there is nothing overrated about Shawn Michaels." and then hoped you didn't say anything I disagreed with later in the post. There wasn't.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Will steer away from danger in this thread...

Close call, but did vote HBK/HHH as it was such a well told story and the pop for Michaels win was really something.

Also when someone wins MITB you know it is just a matter of time before they will the title, so I did take the element of suprise away a bit for Bryan.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
This was really tough for me because Bryan's cash in wasn't as great a moment as that match was but Bryan actually being World Champion made me mark more.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Will steer away from danger in this thread...

Close call, but did vote HBK/HHH as it was such a well told story and the pop for Michaels win was really something.

Also when someone wins MITB you know it is just a matter of time before they will the title, so I did take the element of suprise away a bit for Bryan.

To be honest, I was only like 65% sure Bryan would win the belt. Thought there was a good chance he'd be the first one to cash in and not win the title.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
HBK stepped back in a ring after 4 years and was instantly still the best there truly is, was, and ever will be Ina. We ring when it came to telling a story. He also unlike Bryan, and every mitb guy wasn't trying to recapture what Edge did and no one else has still to this day replicated