Mark Out Moment: CM Punk Shoots VS ECW Joins WCW To Form The Alliance

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mark Out Moment

• CM Punk Shoots

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • ECW And WCW Join Forces

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
In a "Mark Out" tournament, it really is just a guy sitting on the ramp and talking about ice cream bars. Hardly anything to mark out over. It was a good promo, and to be completely honest I was more shocked the writers hit gold for once.

Its not that it was just a promo, it was the way he delivered it. Anyone else could have came out on that stage and said the same words and it wouldn't have been the same. Its because it was real. And it was delivered with such passion, and fire that it was different then a normal promo.

Also, this promo didn't include the Ice Cream bar statement.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Its not that it was just a promo, it was the way he delivered it. Anyone else could have came out on that stage and said the same words and it wouldn't have been the same. Its because it was real. And it was delivered with such passion, and fire that it was different then a normal promo.

Also, this promo didn't include the Ice Cream bar statement.

Then I have no recollection of this promo. The ice cream bar promo was far more memorable to me.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Then I have no recollection of this promo. The ice cream bar promo was far more memorable to me.

I actually prefer the ice cream bar promo, but this shoot was the one that started that whole angle, and peaked pretty much everyone's interest. Good fan you are :y:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I actually prefer the ice cream bar promo, but this shoot was the one that started that whole angle, and peaked pretty much everyone's interest. Good fan you are :y:

I have a whole host of excuses I can use about my short term memory. But I will just stick to old age & drug abuse.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
In a "Mark Out" tournament, it really is just a guy sitting on the ramp and talking about ice cream bars. Hardly anything to mark out over. It was a good promo, and to be completely honest I was more shocked the writers hit gold for once.
The marking out comes from the shit he got to get away with saying on air in the family friendly WWE and it being stuff of substance to voice his frustrations. My point wasn't really so much about this promo in particular I've just seen a multiple dumb down attempts to make stuff seem small and it's just a pet peeve of mine since like I said you could literally do that with anything.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WCW and ECW forming the Alliance for me. Yes in the end the Alliance angle was terrible and such a disappointment but this moment was fantastic. Something no-one ever expected and as a fan at the time it was so cool to see all these WCW and ECW guys joining together along with the ECW guys that were already on the roster. Punk's promo was brilliantly done but for a markout moment this beats it.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
I'm sorry but i believe the wording is a little wrong because I remember when this happened, and I did not see it as ECW joining the alliance, I remember this moment as the moment I thought we were going to have a Three Way War because you can tell by Heymans promo that he didn't side with anyone he made sure he said they turned on WCW to join ECW. When I saw it, I thought it was awesome, but it wasn't at all what I thought it was. That said while the moment was great, I vote for Punks Promo here because well I marked during that moment more.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah to be honest that is what I wanted to happen as well was a 3 way war between the 3 brands even though I'm confident it would have ended in ECW siding with WWF to get rid of WCW.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
One of the toughest so far. Loved the ECW/WCW moment because of the twist in the tail and the possiblities as a result, but Punk's promos just so well thought out, delivered and added a new edge to his character.