Mark Out Moment: CM Punk Shoots VS Brock Lesnar Shooting Star Press

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mark Out Moment

• CM Punk Shoot

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Lesnar Shootin Star Press

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ben

Reaction score
CM PUNK SHOOTS
[video=youtube;R9H4rn8AWlw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9H4rn8AWlw[/video]

Lesnar Shooting Star Press
[video=youtube;-R52OFMBlvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R52OFMBlvs[/video]

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The shoot promo pretty easily for me. Was one of those few and far between moments where I was happy to be a wrestling fan. Of course being a big fan of Punk thinking he should have had a better spot in the company I was pretty much hanging on every word.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Brock freaking Lesnar went for a Shooting Star Press, and if Angle would have been a foot closer, it would have looked badass. The fact he didn't break his neck is mark out enough.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
CM Punk's shoot gets my vote easily here, nobody saw it coming and spoke so much truth.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
A worked 'shoot' vs a giant of a man doing an SSP, landing on his neck but still finishing the match...

Brock gets my vote easily here.

Reaction score
The work shoot won't be remembered, it's pretty much forgotten. Lesnar's SSP has stood the test of time, and besides who wants Punk to do well in this anyways o_O!?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Punk copied Vince Russo's gimmick from a decade earlier and came off like one of those lame Youtube shooters like 'spinnernet'.

Brock coasts this.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The work shoot won't be remembered, it's pretty much forgotten. Lesnar's SSP has stood the test of time, and besides who wants Punk to do well in this anyways o_O!?
You try WAY too hard to dislike Punk to the point where you're seriously gonna say the promo has been forgotten when it couldn't be any further from the truth. It's the main thing that gets brought up anytime Punk does a interview or Punk gets brought up on a forum. If you're gonna strongly dislike the guy at least don't be blatantly silly with it.

Reaction score
You try WAY too hard to dislike Punk to the point where you're seriously gonna say the promo has been forgotten when it couldn't be any further from the truth. It's the main thing that gets brought up anytime Punk does a interview or Punk gets brought up on a forum. If you're gonna strongly dislike the guy at least don't be blatantly silly with it.

When was the last time the Punk promo was actually used? Seriously? I always see moments of Lesnar's SSP, when exactly does the Punk promo get used?

Don't be such a mark.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
What does being remembered have to do with it being used in clips? Something can be remembered without it being crammed in clips all the time. You're comparing a move that happened in like 5 seconds being used in clips to a promo that was almost 8 mins. WWE have used the hell out of the term pipe bomb because of that promo anyways even if you want to do that route.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I'm not even sure if that SSP spot was that much of a mark out moment to be honest. The first half of the move left me in awe, but the second just left me wandering whether he broke his neck or not.

The CM Punk shoot gets my vote. Some of the stuff he said was so surprising, and really got so many people talking about it.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

Yah. I hate Punk but that was stupid. Him and the promo go hand in hand, it's the thing people will point to when he's done.

Lewb

Reaction score
I think everyone needs to take a step off the Punk hating bandwagon, and actually look at the activity of forums EXPLODE the night this happened, and the weeks following. When you look back and analyse yeah, there's flaws and the moment is lost. But damn what a fucking moment for me it still was. As much as it was impressive, the fact the SSP missed turned into a running joke with some people. I vote Punk.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Was anyone really that surprised Lesnar did a moonsault? I mean REALLY? The guy jumped from the floor to the apron every single night during his entrance. Wasn't all that surprising to see him to a backflip imo. But whatever, voted Punk.