1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

Make Impact Great: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Impact Wrestling' started by Chris, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Captain Charisma

Captain Charisma GLORIOUS

bobbyroode2
    kurtangle2
    christian2
    ajstyles2
    austinaries2
    hhh

For now only Earl Hebner is left as ref. Lol. But there'd be new local refs imo.

2. Kairi HoHo

Kairi HoHo I want it all!

Yeah it's really frustrating to see multiple clips of Matches from other promotions, but I guess it was to build the PPV with Stars that aren't in their company, while trying to make Impact feel like a super global brand. The Main Event and Six Way X-Division Match were worthwhile Matches to watch from this week's Impact heading into Bound for Glory. I mean why would Impact run the same Match with the X-Division stars that they are doing at the PPV? IF anything they should of just of had a Tag Team Match, but I hope they someone change the Match into a Ultimate X Match, but that's fool's hope I guess. I really got alot of enjoyment outta Eli Drake last night. Between him putting a Bandanna on his Forehead to appease LAX, to Drake dropping Impact on those Wood Panels with a Gravy Train perfect for him last night.

3. Captain Charisma

bobbyroode2
    kurtangle2
    christian2
    ajstyles2
    austinaries2
    hhh
    Also Earl Hebner left. I think there are no refs left in TNA.

4. Captain Charisma

bobbyroode2
    kurtangle2
    christian2
    ajstyles2
    austinaries2
    hhh
    Sawyer Fulton left WWE as well.

5. Kairi HoHo

[​IMG]

I guess Impact is paying people to come their shows, isn't first time I heard a Wrestling company giving away free or paying to get more people to come to their shows, but shit shouldn't you be saving this money you'll give to people to actually gain fans the right way and that's by them falling in love with the talent and promotion? I mean I love money and all, but unless you buying me a Stardom Account and a ton of Pro Wrestling Tees you're not going to find my price to come there for a Taping for Impact. I wonder if they just started doing this or, it's been going on for quite awhile and they wonder why they are having money problems.

Smarkslayer likes this.
  6. Admin Post
    Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer Tomb Raider

[​IMG]

Can Anthem stop the hemorrhaging?

7. Captain Charisma

bobbyroode2
    kurtangle2
    christian2
    ajstyles2
    austinaries2
    hhh
    Hate this kind of huge releases. Lots of bodies getting released which means lots of debuts and returns. It's not an e-fed.

Smarkslayer likes this.
  8. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    TNA's roster gonna be some bargain bin wrestlers

Smarkslayer likes this.
  9. McGrady

McGrady McGrady

ajstyles2
    cmpunk3
    chrisjericho2
    samoajoe
    Shit I mean if you're gonna rename the company for the 5th time, what better time to completely rebuild the roster. Just don't let Eli Drake go.

Smarkslayer likes this.
  10. Admin Post
    Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer Tomb Raider

I'd do a full re-brand. By that I mean dump Impact Wrestling all together and rename the show, too.

11. McGrady

McGrady McGrady

ajstyles2
    cmpunk3
    chrisjericho2
    samoajoe
    I agree with that, but damn they would catch a lot of shit for yet another renaming. Nonetheless I feel like they have nothing to lose by going full reboot... new name, new show, new stars... They're prolly best off just accepting that they are now pretty much an indy promotion and their name no longer carries any weight.

12. Admin Post
    Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer Tomb Raider

They claimed they ditched TNA to shed the negative image it had attracted, but they did some of their most egregious damages under the Impact Wrestling name, anyway. Time for a fresh start. They can brand themselves as a nice Canadian regional wrestling promotion that has a TV show in the States and Europe.

13. McGrady

McGrady McGrady

ajstyles2
    cmpunk3
    chrisjericho2
    samoajoe
    For me, when I hear TNA I think AJ, Kurt, Joe, Low-Ki, Monty Brown, Abyss, etc.

When I hear Impact Wrestling I think Hogan, Bischoff, Hardy, Aces and Eights, Lashley, etc.

So yeah I have to agree, Impact Wrestling is the name with more negative connoation for me.

Smarkslayer likes this.
  14. Admin Post
    Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer Tomb Raider

Agreed. I tend to tell people TNA lost me when they changed from TNA to Impact Wrestling.

It was OK for a few years, but when they canceled most of the TNA PPV and it was mainly just Impact specials I lost interest.

15. Kairi HoHo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the fallout from Bound for Glory on Sunday and with some happy with the event, and some people on the other side I wonder how these tapings are going to go the next four or five weeks. I tell you one thing oVe vs LAX in a Barbed Wire Massacre isn't going to be for the people who don't like blood, because I can plenty of it with these two teams. With what Patron did and cost Impact his chance at the Impact World Title, we know the feud is going to be great, but I look forward to even more what will Drake do now considering he has no dance partner. That King Cuerno vs Eddie Edwards Match hopefully knocks it outta the park these tapings need to start off with a bang tonight!​