NXT Live on WwE Network 2/27/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
WWE announced at last night's WWE Network event in Las Vegas that NXT TV will begin airing on the Network when it launches in February.

Triple H kicked off tonight's NXT TV tapings at Full Sail University and announced that beginning February 27th, NXT TV will air live on the WWE Network from Full Sail University.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-wwe-network-in-february/#sCQDmFklBx9jshsw.99

This is easily the biggest moment in their history, their first time on live broadcast with no chances to have their mistakes edited. Emma, Paige, Ascension, Mojo, Zayn, Sasha, Bailey, Summer, Bo, Graves, and Neville are the ones who I think will be on deck to be exposed to the audience

What do you guys think about this?

Head to head with Impact from what I've also read as they will be airing it in primetime.

I think this opens up a world of possibilities, like maybe a Main Event special

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
About time NXT gets a little more exposure. It's weird how its a full show of rookies but they give the best hour of wrestling almost every week. Could see this be a sink or swim scenario for a lot of talent there though.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They also get a ridiculous amount of time to touch things up and edit it all together.

To me this is a moment that a lot of them should love and spend the next couple weeks working out off camera in the performance center. Emma, Paige, Ascension, Russev, English, Mojo, Bo, BFFs, Zayn, Graves, and Neville would be used by me that night. If it works and they succeed to the point so many people watch or rewatch, you may have a little cult on your hands that Hulu hasn't provided. The WWEs own mini ecw like cult that they can then use for some small tours in small venues and the like.

But yeah its a sink or swim moment because you know they will use this night to promote it as this is NXT and it is the main featured wrestling on our network.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Big fan of NXT but I really don't like this decision and think it's a big risk.

If something goes wrong production wise or some matches turn out sloppy as fuck then you're potentially ingraining all those negatives from the get go and lets be honest here, is NXT being live really that much of a (can't think of the word so i'll have to resort to) draw where people will specifically buy on it launch day for this?

For me, I'd have kept it taped maybe for the first 6 months of this new network deal so that you can protect the brand and talent and have them introduced to potentially hundreds of thousands of new faces in a guaranteed positive manner. You could then go live when the subscriptions are ready to renew and maybe then the fact that it's going to be live could be an added incentive to renew so you can get to see your new favourite guys.

I don't like this decision but i'm not overly against it, however I just think that given all the pressure on the company as a whole to get the network going and the fact they'll be slap bang in the middle of WrestleMania season that it could be seen as an extra headache.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I agree its a huge risk, but don't you think this is the ultimate show of confidence from HHH to the NXT talent? They profiled them at the expo, trips spoke so seriously with Renee after the expo about NXT, and this is a great show of confidence. Oh yes they could blow it and fall on their face, but if they succeed it just validates every bit of trust Trips has put in the NXT talent too.

Its a ballsy gamble

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Clarification on WWE Airing NXT Live on the Network
file_182933_0_nxt-wwe-logo.jpg
To clarify the news that WWE will be airing NXT live on February 27th, it appears as if the plan will NOT be to air the show live every week thereafter, but only the February 27th event, which will be a one-time live NXT special.

After that show, WWE will go back to taping NXT as they normally do, and as of now there are plans to tape the show on January 30th. The episodes coming out of that taping will likely air on February 12th and 19th, with the live special then airing on the 27th.

Wrestlezone

So yeah a 1 time special, almost like a NXT main event is a cool thing IMO

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Alright, a one shot special sounds like a much better idea.

Showcase the cream of the crop, get an idea of how they work live, maybe even use it as a way to gauge the names that have been speculated to move up to the main roster.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I like the idea of a gamble like that. But I'm most certainly okay with it being a one time special. At least I'll finally be able to watch NXT.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
2 Matches announced for the Live special
Adrian Neville vs. Bo Dallas for the NXT Title in a Ladder Match and Sami Zayn vs. Antonio Cesaro in a rematch from their famous 2 of 3 Falls match.
Should be pretty awesome

Reactions: Rated R Superstar

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Paige vs Emma is also going down there

Their version of a Saturday night main event basically

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Been meaning to check out NXT and hoping this isn't a letdown.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I wonder if Riley and Saxton are used on on commentary that night?