Lil Wayne Point For Counter Point

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Well since the concert thread got infested with Drake man love from [MENTION=35]The Viper[/MENTION] and [MENTION=75]Champagne Charlie[/MENTION] and Drake hate from [MENTION=79]Sabretooth[/MENTION].

If you want to bate on Drake this is the place and if you want to love Drake like Trent does (he would bear his children if he could).

So I will start how can someone like drake claim his life was hard when he was on fucking TV. That is like Shane McMahon saying his life was hard. I don't get it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The Viper

Reaction score
Re: Drake Point counter point.

How do we know his life wasn't hard before he got on Degrassi? We don't know about his life outside of mainstream TV. We might know of some of his life now, but we don't know how he grew up when he was a child or what went on with his parents. Such a stupid argument against him when we don't know shit.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

How do we know his life wasn't hard before he got on Degrassi? We don't know about his life outside of mainstream TV. We might know of some of his life now, but we don't know how he grew up when he was a child or what went on with his parents. Such a stupid argument against him when we don't know shit.

Exactly the point he could have lived a decent life but went on to say how hard he had it to appeal to people and sell records. Do any of us know what any of the celebrities have really gone through in their childhood? Nope unless we grew up with them and know them personally.

And for the record I just threw that out to get the thread going.

The Viper

Reaction score

Exactly the point he could have lived a decent life but went on to say how hard he had it to appeal to people and sell records. Do any of us know what any of the celebrities have really gone through in their childhood? Nope unless we grew up with them and know them personally.

And for the record I just threw that out to get the thread going.

He kind of did have it hard to be accepted. A lot of people didn't accept his style of rapping because he also sang. LL Cool J sang in a couple of his songs IIRC but it wasn't his priority to be a rapper/singer. Drake's is and people couldn't accept that so yeah for him, I can imagine it being difficult to appeal to a mainstream audience considering how opinionated a lot of rap fans are.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

from what I understand he come from a family with money an started on Degrassi mad young BUT growing up a child star isn't easy at all look at all the previous ones that went to shit so he could have had a hard go of things but he def did NOT start at the bottom

The Viper

Reaction score

Yeah that song might be a bit of a contradiction if that's the right word.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

exaggeration or flat out fib would be more fitting

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

Drake had it a lot tougher than people think when he was younger.

His dad was in jail a lot and he had to take care of his sick Mum and Grandma.

Drake also had to stereotypes to become one of the best rappers in the world. It's hard growing up when you're one of the only non white Jewish people in his community. Also, how many rappers are actually Jewish?

Swinny

Reaction score

Also, how many rappers are actually Jewish?

eajva1.jpg

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Well Drake even says in "Wu-Tang Forever" that he didn't grow up in the "hood", he just had friends that did so he shared their struggle. He and his friends all had their own struggles early in life, but since making it big, he has been able to help his crew out of their situations and now they're all enjoying a life of luxury. It's basically him paying back his friends for sticking with him as he climbed to the top. Also hence the "no new smurfs, smurf we don't feel that, fuck a fake friend, where your real friends at"... As for Drake having it easy.. it was anything but that. Kanye West faced a similar struggle early in his career. No one was willing to take West seriously as a rapper because he wasn't rapping about guns and sluts and gangbanging. West's content was more down to earth and inspired and it was all about him expressing his struggles and being real with the listeners. Drake followed that model, but throw in the fact that he's a mixed Canadian Jew on a teen soap opera and you can see how he wasn't exactly destined for the rap game. Listen to the final verse on "Pound Cake" when he talks about rapping in back rooms for a long time until Lil Wayne discovered him and signed him to a deal and the fact that he couldn't believe it actually happened to him. He says it was nothing to Wayne but something he'll always remember. Nowadays he comes off as a spoiled kid who was handed everything, but in reality, he was putting in work and now that he's living his dreams he feels he has the right to live it up without fear of being judged for it. I feel Drake.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

No one was willing to take West seriously as a rapper because he wasn't rapping about guns and sluts and gangbanging.

I don't take West seriously because he is a bigoted racist POS.

You have pointed out things from his songs. How many people write stuff to just get accepted or to make a point or they have someone else write it and they sing/rap the song?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

I don't take West seriously because he is a bigoted racist POS.

You have pointed out things from his songs. How many people write stuff to just get accepted or to make a point or they have someone else write it and they sing/rap the song?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Well mostly because any of Drake's childhood friends could be asked how his life was, and they would tell the person asking how it was. So basically, I don't think he's going to put something in his song that could easily be disproved or denied by a known friend of his. As far as rapping in back rooms.. well, that's what a lot of rappers do when they only have mixtapes. You can find Drake's mixtapes really easily and see that he was putting out songs way before he hit it big.. thus, it's fair to say he worked to get where he is. Meeting Lil Wayne and joining Young Money just made it easier. Then again almost every major rapper out there was brought into the game by someone else (Kanye by No I.D./Jay-Z, Eminem by Dre, Wayne by Birdman, etc) so it's not like you can criticize him for "having everything handed to him"..

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Re: Drake Point For Counter Point

cbf39c5ac73f7b7fd84152cfc975315be06896b743bd99d94847a401a72f8944.jpg

r-DEGRASSI-DRAKE-large570.jpg

I'd like to come from that hood.

Well mostly because any of Drake's childhood friends could be asked how his life was, and they would tell the person asking how it was. So basically, I don't think he's going to put something in his song that could easily be disproved or denied by a known friend of his. As far as rapping in back rooms.. well, that's what a lot of rappers do when they only have mixtapes. You can find Drake's mixtapes really easily and see that he was putting out songs way before he hit it big.. thus, it's fair to say he worked to get where he is. Meeting Lil Wayne and joining Young Money just made it easier. Then again almost every major rapper out there was brought into the game by someone else (Kanye by No I.D./Jay-Z, Eminem by Dre, Wayne by Birdman, etc) so it's not like you can criticize him for "having everything handed to him"..

I don't doubt it, he rapped a lot on Degrassi. He was pretty good even as a kid.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Re: Lil Wayne point For Counter Point.

Alright let's start another point counter point.

I just don't understand the love for Lil Wayne. The guy sounds like the old lady from night court that always said come on Bull. I can't stand to here him anytime he comes on the radio or at work when someone plays his music. All he talks about is beating women, doing drugs and is just plain out degrading.

Using the Force on tapatalk

The Viper

Reaction score
I was a huge fan of Wayne back in like, 2005 when tbh, in the mainstream rap community, he was regarded by most as the best rapper out. Now, he's a straight bitch. Although, I didn't really mind his last mixtape, I Am Not A Human Being II but still.