Lets make an impact on the ratings!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

pocket

Reaction score
Make no mistake about it my friends. This is the biggest night in TNA history and a huge guinea pig moment to gauge exactly how much fanfare is coming with Hulkamania.

Like I have said before if you want to take out the snake you have to go straight for the head and that is exactly what TNA is doing to kick off the New Year.

Now if you have ever listened to one thing that Dan The Cannon has said then I beg of you that it be this. On January 4th I am not going to be watching the WWE and I am not going to be taping it either. I will watch it, but it will be on the computer and I will sacrifice the aesthetics of Curtis Jackson ( 50 inch plasma) just to deliver a point to the WWE machine that the only thing I am interested in is STD, something totally different.

By watching it on your computer this is the only way that you can avoid inflating the WWE’s ratings. Even if you aren’t a TNA mark and you are loyal to the WWE you can’t honestly tell me that you are happy with the current state that world wrestling embarrassment is in.

If you want the PG era to end then believe me when I tell you that you have the power. It is as simple as not watching and staying off of the WWE ratings radar. If you don’t believe me, just listen to the rumors that are circling around for how the WWE is going to counter on that Monday night. Some people have been talking about “The Rock” and the WWE doing a three hour episode themselves. Even if “The Rock” doesn’t come through you know they are going to go as big as possible like the recently acquired Bret "the hitman" Hart.

Now my friends if that isn’t proof that competition is a good thing then I don’t know what is. Think about it there will be two three-hour wrestling spectaculars on one Monday night. Ask yourself when the last time that has happened. This is going to be a one night thing only and it is absolutely crucial that you avoid the WWE machine at all costs on January 4 and I guarantee you will be helping systematically engineer the next wrestling revolution. Now if you can’t feel that, chances are your paraplegic.
--

Come an look us up and listen to the podcast on Saturdays http://theimpactplayers.webs.com/

pocket

Reaction score
one comment??? I expected a bigger response from you guys.... I know I've not been around for a while , but....

monkeystyle

Reaction score
So in other words why would I subject myself to more mind numbing drivel from either fucking company?

noumenon

Sorry but as curious as I am to see what changes TNA is going to make on January 4th... I'm that much more excited about seeing Bret Hart.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I am actually really psyched about EVOLVE personally. I really want to see what they have to offer.

Kizza

Do they have a show? I'd like to see them and DGUSA get TV deals.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Unfortunately not. Their website has a section for DVDs though so I will be for sure buying the first one.

I've yet to see DGUSA either. I've been meaning too I just keep forgetting to look for a copy of the show.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
The wrestler profiles on the EVOLVE website though are awesome. I suggest looking at those.

Great One

"the only thing I am interested in is STD, something totally different."

I lol'd.

Btw, post this on every single internet site on the web and we should see some difference. Regardless, I want to see Bret Hart too.

Kizza

Unfortunately not. Their website has a section for DVDs though so I will be for sure buying the first one.

I've yet to see DGUSA either. I've been meaning too I just keep forgetting to look for a copy of the show.

I really liked their first PPV, yet to download their second one. Love me some BxB HULK.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
BxB's been awesome since 07, it's way overdue when everyone realized that. same with Chuck Taylor and Omega, I hate how they're the it guys way after I started watching them.

EVOLVE isn't supposed to be big. they're a local company more than anything. I think more people are excited because it's better than JAPW, not competition to ROH. but they're getting over big because Gabe's there and the site is ridiculous. they should be good.

back on topic, I don't even know if I'm going to watch either. Raw's automatically on my TV on Mondays. I haven't watched Impact since April of last year, and I don't think Hogan's going to solve anything. if the ratings are good for Impact, they might just run with the big names like Hogan, Hall, Nash and Jarrett. (sound familiar?) that would hurt TNA more than it helps in the long run, with the spotlight off the guys they should be promoting.