LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Michelle Pfeiffer and Laurence Fishburne Joins Marvel's ANT-MAN AND THE WASP

osZUo5R.jpg

Michelle Pfeiffer and Laurence Fishburne are joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The actress will play Janet Van Dyne, the superhero wife of Hank Pym/original Ant-Man (Michael Douglas) in the film and mother to (Hope) Evangeline Lilly. The announcement was made at San Diego Comic-Con Saturday during Marvel Studios' Hall H panel.

In Marvel's comic books, Janet Van Dyne is the original Wasp and a founding member — and one-time leader — of the Avengers. Van Dyne continued as a superhero even after Pym retired from adventuring, until she was lost in a sub-atomic realm and assumed dead. (She later returned, entirely healthy, because comics.) In Marvel's Ant-Man film, Pym mourns the loss of his wife, who has been lost in the sub-atomic realm in an act of heroism (she was disabling a rocket).

Fishburne's character, Bill Foster, was a scientist who worked alongside Hank Pym, later becoming a size-changing superhero in his own right, initially as Black Goliath, and then taking over the role of Giant-Man from Pym. A long-running guest-star in series such as Marvel Two-in-One and The Champions, Foster was one of the first casualties of Marvel's original Civil Warcomic book in 2006.

Also revealed: a character called The Ghost will be in the film which will be played by Hannah John-Kamen (Syfy's Killjoys). The Ghost is a relatively obscure Marvel villain who fits into the set-up of the Ant-Manmovies — originally an Iron Man villain, the mysterious character (who is never seen unmasked) started as an industrial saboteur by trade who quickly fell into a world of paranoid delusion where he trusted no-one, and worked for whichever side served his own best interests at the time.

Both Pfeiffer and Fishburne are already Comic-Con favorites. Pfeiffer starred as Catwoman in 1992's Batman Returns, while Fishburne is revered among the geek faithful for his work as Morpheus in The Matrix trilogy.

Peyton Reed will return to direct star Paul Rudd as the titular hero. Ant-Man and the Wasp opens July 6, 2018.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Marvel’s BLACK WIDOW Movie in the Works With Jac Schaeffer Writing

1496872401-1560285543-pervyy-mstitel-protivostoyanie-4.jpg

Marvel is finally pushing ahead with the highly anticipated “Black Widow” standalone movie starring Scarlett Johansson, with Jac Schaeffer penning the script.

Sources say this is still very early development, as the film has no greenlight, but naming a writer is the closest the studio has come to moving forward on a standalone pic. Marvel President Kevin Feige met with several candidates before tapping Schaeffer, and Marvel execs met with Johansson to discuss what they wanted from a “Black Widow” writer.

Schaeffer is an up and coming scribe who broke out with her Black List script “The Shower,” a comedy about an alien invasion during a baby shower which caught the eye of Anne Hathaway, who quickly attached herself to star in the pic.

Hathaway was so impressed with her work that she soon tapped Schaeffer to write “Nasty Women,” a new female-centric take on “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels” that also stars Hathaway.

Fans of the character have been pushing for her to get own movie since she first appeared in “Iron Man 2” and with the latest phase of Marvel films coming to a close, Marvel saw this as the best time to move forward with the project.

Johansson has appeared as the character in six films, the next one being this summer’s “Avengers: Infinity War.”

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/marvel-black-widow-jac-schaeffer-screenwriter-1202643908/

4 years too late.....Marvel looked stupid when Lucy became a hit, had the writers who wrote Atomic Blonde and there is another movie coming out called Red Sparrow that is pretty much this characters origin story.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Weird that X-Men and F4 is also part of this universe.

Kevin Feige says Avengers 4 name is not revealed as it contains spoilers. PLEASE LET IT BE X-MEN.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That deal probably won't go all the way through til the end of the year so X-Men and F4 are not part of the universe at all until then, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they threw in some little open-ended Easter Eggs in the next few movies released that they could link to some new characters in the future. I wouldn't expect any MCU X-Men for another 4 or 5 years at the least though. Fantastic Four might come first because they would be easier to integrate with the already established MCU.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I also wonder what will happen in next X-Men movies. Will they tie up to that? But I really expect some references about this topic in Deadpool 2.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Deadpool 2 might only have very minimal references since it was already in post-production when the deal went through. The next few X-Men movies are going as is with New Mutants, which looks pretty good and Dark Phoenix which looks meh. IDK about the rest that they had planned like Gambit, or the X-23 standalone movie. They're probably up in the air, but I bet if the deal goes through before they really get started on them Disney will shut them down. The current X-Men series and continuity should have no bearing on the MCU except for hopefully they would let Deadpool keep doing his thing since he can be easily integrated by just having him make some joke to the camera.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I also wonder what will happen in next X-Men movies. Will they tie up to that? But I really expect some references about this topic in Deadpool 2.
would've needed some reshoots for thst since it wrapped before the deal was made.

Reactions: Chris

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
would've needed some reshoots for thst since it wrapped before the deal was made.
Yep. Maybe they will? Or edit it somehow with some easter eggs or something. If it won't happen I will feel a bit sad but I'll get why it didn't happen.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think people really expect too much from the MCU at times. You shouldn't ever be sad that there wasn't a reference just for the sake of references. They should be organic and make sense when they're used. I love the shared universe, it's one of the reason I love comics so much, but when you force the references it's not fun for anyone. The only thing you should expect from an MCU property is to not break already established continuity (they can stretch it a bit though).

Luke Cage is a good example because whatever that bullet that could kill him was made by HammerTech from Iron Man 2, that's something that if you didn't see Iron Man 2 wouldn't hurt your watching of LC whatsoever, but if you had, it was a cool thing to notice.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
LOL people's expectations and fan theories are what ruined rasslin and walking dead....Marvel about to hit their New Generation time...time for DC to break out their nWo

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
LOL people's expectations and fan theories are what ruined rasslin and walking dead....Marvel about to hit their New Generation time...time for DC to break out their nWo

How are you not going to include the last Jedi in that lol

But man I'd love to see DC get their shit together, I just have no faith. Marvel built this using their B team already tbh, now they'll be able to work with mutants in a few years which I expect to be better than most of Fox's movies that I enjoyed

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
How are you not going to include the last Jedi in that lol

But man I'd love to see DC get their shit together, I just have no faith. Marvel built this using their B team already tbh, now they'll be able to work with mutants in a few years which I expect to be better than most of Fox's movies that I enjoyed
Can't believe i forgot Star Wars.

I could fix DC....but I'm too busy waiting on a phone call to fix rasslin. :kurtcry

Reactions: Cwalker and Chris