LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Drew

Reaction score
I'm surprised that they got higher reviews than DD season 2. punisher alone, along with Elektra, made that season pretty damn good.

And yes, both JJ and Luke Cage had long stretches of boring and uninteresting storylines, that doesn't mean the entire show was that way.

I was very clear that The Cotton Mouth part of Luke Cage was its saving grace, and anything involving The Purple Man in JJ was great. Outside of that though, not as good.

BTW you're making out like I said both sucked. I didn't...I'm saying compared to DD they were both let downs. That's still pretty good compared to most of what's on tv.

And that's why I hope Iron Fist is more like DD than the other spinoffs.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'm surprised that they got higher reviews than DD season 2. punisher alone, along with Elektra, made that season pretty damn good.

And yes, both JJ and Luke Cage had long stretches of boring and uninteresting storylines, that doesn't mean the entire show was that way.

I was very clear that The Cotton Mouth part of Luke Cage was its saving grace, and anything involving The Purple Man in JJ was great. Outside of that though, not as good.

BTW you're making out like I said both sucked. I didn't...I'm saying compared to DD they were both let downs. That's still pretty good compared to most of what's on tv.

And that's why I hope Iron Fist is more like DD than the other spinoffs.

I'm saying letdowns is harsh. They weren't as good as DD season 1 fine but they were still great in their own right.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ones subjective tastes doesn't correlate with the vast majority of reviews.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Marvel Announces Aubrey Joseph and Olivia Holt Cast as CLOAK AND DAGGER

Aubrey-Joseph-Olivia-Holt-Cloak-and-Dagger-Dragonlord.jpg

Press Release: The stars have aligned with Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger for Freeform!

Former Disney Channel star and Hollywood Records recording artist Olivia Holt and Aubrey Joseph (The Night Of, Run All Night) will star as Tandy Bowen, a.k.a. Dagger, and Tyrone Johnson, a.k.a. Cloak!

Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger is a coming-of-age series based on the beloved Marvel characters. Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson come from starkly different backgrounds, each growing up with a secret they never dared share with another soul.

Once a privileged little girl, Tandy Bowen watched as her family was destroyed by a disastrous storm that uprooted her life. Now in her late teens, an unexpected encounter with a boy named Tyrone sparks a life changing event.

Young Tyrone Johnson wanted nothing more than to prove he was fearless. But when everything he held close was taken away, life taught Tyrone to be afraid. Now older and more sheltered, Tyrone closes himself off. But when he meets a girl named Tandy his life changes forever.

Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger is produced by Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios.

https://news.marvel.com/tv/58909/marvels-cloak-dagger-casts-leads/

Goddamn, I m getting cloak and dagger like I pitched a long time ago.

Reactions: The Phenom

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I never heard of those actors but they look like the characters so I'm sure they can't be too bad

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
I'm sure Cloak and Dagger will be very interesting.....Daredevil is the best Netflix Original Superhero Show...I guess Jessica Jones would be next then Luke Cage.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
New BLACK PANTHER Concept Art Featuring an Amazing Walkthrough of Wakanda

VQX9a0g2.jpg

IeSH9ens.jpg

LX1daP9f.jpg

yh0NNuCP.jpg

mPKTEMKO.jpg

GnVoRJn4.png

0fcXFER1.png

THOR: RAGNAROK Concept Art Featuring Gladiator Hulk and Cate Blanchett's Hela

00Thor4.jpg

00Thor1.png

00Thor2.jpg

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Simon Kinberg in Talks to Write and Direct X-MEN: SUPERNOVA

Simon-Kinberg-X-Men-Supernova-Phoenix-Dragonlord.jpg

The next X-Men movie – supposedly titled X-Men: Supernova - might start filming this June and would focus on the Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix storyline, which is a comics arc that fans have been dying to see since Bryan Singer teased it at the end of X2. It basically involves Jean Grey succumbing to her powers and transforming into Dark Phoenix, a malevolent force that brings about Grey’s downfall.

Sophie Turner, who was introduced as the young Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse, was on a red carpet when she revealed she was “about to start shooting the next X-Men movie,” but with both New Mutants and this Supernova film rumored to be in development, it was unclear what film she was talking about.

After talking to multiple sources, Collider reports that writer/producer Simon Kinberg is looking to make his directorial debut with the next X-Men movie and he’s already written the screenplay. From what the site hear,s it does focus on the Dark Phoenix storyline and it’s now up to the studio if they’ll use his script and if he’ll get to direct it.

If for some reason you’re not familiar with Simon Kinberg and his relationship to the X-Men franchise, he’s essentially the Kevin Feige of the X-Men universe at 20th Century Fox. If you look over his IMDb resume, you’ll see he’s either written, produced, or been heavily involved with X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men: Days of Future Past, X-Men: Apocalypse, Deadpool, Logan, Legion, and New Mutants.

Exclusive: Simon Kinberg in Talks to Write and Direct the Next ‘X-Men’ Movie

It's like X3 didn't even happen 8D

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Simon Kinberg in Talks to Write and Direct X-MEN: SUPERNOVA

Simon-Kinberg-X-Men-Supernova-Phoenix-Dragonlord.jpg

The next X-Men movie – supposedly titled X-Men: Supernova - might start filming this June and would focus on the Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix storyline, which is a comics arc that fans have been dying to see since Bryan Singer teased it at the end of X2. It basically involves Jean Grey succumbing to her powers and transforming into Dark Phoenix, a malevolent force that brings about Grey’s downfall.

Sophie Turner, who was introduced as the young Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse, was on a red carpet when she revealed she was “about to start shooting the next X-Men movie,” but with both New Mutants and this Supernova film rumored to be in development, it was unclear what film she was talking about.

After talking to multiple sources, Collider reports that writer/producer Simon Kinberg is looking to make his directorial debut with the next X-Men movie and he’s already written the screenplay. From what the site hear,s it does focus on the Dark Phoenix storyline and it’s now up to the studio if they’ll use his script and if he’ll get to direct it.

If for some reason you’re not familiar with Simon Kinberg and his relationship to the X-Men franchise, he’s essentially the Kevin Feige of the X-Men universe at 20th Century Fox. If you look over his IMDb resume, you’ll see he’s either written, produced, or been heavily involved with X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men: Days of Future Past, X-Men: Apocalypse, Deadpool, Logan, Legion, and New Mutants.

Exclusive: Simon Kinberg in Talks to Write and Direct the Next ‘X-Men’ Movie

It's like X3 didn't even happen 8D
It didn't. :hhh5:

Days was basically made to erase 3 and Origins.

I'd be all over Sophie Turner doing Phoenix the right way.

Drew

Reaction score
It didn't. :hhh5:

Days was basically made to erase 3 and Origins.

I'd be all over Sophie Turner doing Phoenix the right way.

Exactly. Just act like those 2 abortions in the franchise didn't exist.

I'm still not sure Sophie Turner is a good enough actress to carry a movie...even if it's got a bunch of characters. But I'm willing to give them a shot.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Exactly. Just act like those 2 abortions in the franchise didn't exist.

I'm still not sure Sophie Turner is a good enough actress to carry a movie...even if it's got a bunch of characters. But I'm willing to give them a shot.
I'm willing to give her a shot. They just have to nail the script and direction.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sophie Turner been too stone faced in GoT for me to have an opinion on her acting chops.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler