Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA X-Division Xtravaganza: Ace Vedder v.s Manik.

This was fast paced from the start, well faster than the other matches. They used some of the same spots from prior matches right away but then totally got into their own thing. Some great nearfalls that probably would have been better with more selling and better pacin' but I still enjoyed them. This felt like a rushed PWG match. If you don't know who Ace Vedder that's your own problem. Catch up. Fun, little match to progress the show, pretty much. Yeah, also Vedder's sick knee to the back to head to end the match made the simple set up finish worth it.

**3/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA X-Division Xtravaganza 2014: Sonjay Dutt v.s Rockstar Spud.

Not really much of a match. It was mostly a showcase of Spud's hilarious antics. At LEAST Spud lost in this regard since I should mention that anybody who wins these earlier matches gets put in an Ultimate X match. Oh yeah, my bad. You should have known though. Spud missed three top rope dives all because he took time to pray for his safety. Easily, the best part of the match but it's pretty stupid. Dutt did his part well as the veteran who can never get over. All in all it at least breaks up the show, I guess? Eh, Spud could have looked more like a threat and still act like buffoon at moments.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA X-Division Xtravaganza: Tigre Uno v.s Petey Williams.

Ugh, the end of this match is such a fuckin' cop out. Uno clearly hits a leg drop that is a low blow too. It was set up to be one it wasn't an accident. Brian Hebner just counts it like NO PROBLEM dude. Before this the contrast in styles and what felt like an underlined hatred for one another was pretty great. If the finish of this match was to continue the tension I wouldn't mind but this is a One Night Only event so I don't get it. The first thing that happens in this match is Uno busts open Petey's nose with just some back and forth mat wrestlin'. Great start, I'd say and Uno felt disrespected because Petey felt he did it on purpose. The language barrier added more to it too. Jesus, I was enjoyin' the hell out of their exchanges. Petey just played a smart veteran and Uno hit some cool moves to keep himself in the match. Sweet stuff that I wasn't expectin' at all. I just hated the finish, useless.

**1/2

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA X-Division Xtravaganza: $25,000 Ladder, The Wolves v.s Bad Influence.

Tremendous match. This is better than all those recent matches involvin' the Wolves, Hardys and Team 3D on Impact(clearly). The escalation and the desperation to hit big moves to just have the time to get close to the belts was great. Actually felt like they wanted to win which is something a lot of ladder matches lack. Crazy ass shit takes place, huge moves suddenly hittin' ladders that probably should never take place. Both teams really threw it all out the window to put a show stealin' match. Hell, I doubt I'll enjoy the random nonsense that is the Ultimate X . Perfect match to for this one night only show and FUCK YEAH did it deliver. More Bad Influence on TV, TNA. C'mon son. Wolves wreckin' shop. Classy as fuck.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA X-Division Xtravaganza: 2 out 3 falls, Austin Aries v.s Senada.

Austin Aries in this match :mark:my god. His strategy and how it adapted throughout was amazin' even if didn't even get a single fall. Seriously, he lost 2-0 after a beatdown on Senada that looked like Aries was gonna zone in on his first fall. Senada's comebacks to show he was still fightin' were simple but effective. Aries looked like he was a step ahead after the quick first fall. I don't wanna spoil his gameplan it was just fun to watch. Gettin' no falls to put over Senada like this was a gesture I wasn't expectin'. And now Senada has already dropped his HONOR gimmick for some bogus bullshit killin' Senada's momentum he had with this feud with Aries. Glad, I finally got around to watchin' this but even with the two nothin' win Aries deserved another match Senada. I guess Aries always proves he deserves more though. This might be the best One Night Only event I've seen BUT I guess it's spotfest time.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA X-Division Xtravaganza: Ultimate X, Rashaad Cameron v.s Sonjay Dutt v.s Ace Vedder v.s Low Ki.

This one was a head scratcher. Some of the action was alright, some of the action was sloppy and some of it was just plain stupid. Dutt and Vedder fightin' on top of the structure was just unnecessarily dangerous for little pay off. We get Dutt applyin' a camel clutch with barely any clutch. Low Ki sneaks in for a win as Dutt climbs back through to stop Cameron, not seein' Low Ki on another cable. Decent finish but it's so hard to maintain a good flow in these matches and when barely anyone anyone clicks it just becomes a series of long, drawn out segments where nothin' happens only to lead to a series of moves that doesn't progress the match. It's just stagnant and most of these Ultimate X matches feel like this. I didn't really enjoy this but my emotions were already runnin' high from the last two matches so this just was bound to let me down. Oh well, still a very solid pay-per view in the end. Not bad, TNA.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Lex Luger VS. The Barbaian WCW Worldwide 01/12/97

Pretty dull and dated power man main event. This is when Luger was really starting to decline, and the match played out in a very predictable TV match fashion, but it didn't really feel like a main event. The Barbaian did a solid job as always.

*1/2

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Ricky Steamboat VS. Scott Steiner Television Title match WCW Worldwide 17 October 1992

Decent, basic match which nicely worked around Steamboat's injuries and added to Steiner's new heelish attitude. They did hold back a little, at times it didn't feel like a big match and the ending was a little flat, but again did make sense considering the direction Steiner was going into. There was some good back and fourth wrestling, and Jesse was a blast at ring side as always, again trying to play the faces off against each other.

Shakey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Bret Hart vs Diesel (in your house 6 Feb 1996) WWF title match in steel cage

Not the best match between the two but pretty soild for what it was and of course Taker coming up from under the mat was epic for the time

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Bret Hart vs Diesel (in your house 6 Feb 1996) WWF title match in steel cage

Not the best match between the two but pretty soild for what it was and of course Taker coming up from under the mat was epic for the time

Agreed. Along with Michaels I would say Hart had the best series of matches with Diesel of any wrestler.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Undertaker VS. Jake the Snake Roberts Wrestlemania VIII

One of the better Taker squash matches of the era. The two hghlights for me were the pop Taker's entrance got (it was the right time to switch him face, and WWF handled the switch perfectly), and also that Jake was allowed to get two DDT's in on him. This is when Jake as a wrestler was starting to decline, but he still did an effective job by doing very little.

**1/2

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
King Kong Bundy VS. SD Jones Wrestlemania I

The perfect squash, simple but effective, love how Gorrila and Jesse put Bundy over.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Undertaker VS. Kwang Monday Night Raw September 1994

Kwang was just a lame Great Muta rip-off but too fat for the role. This match was poor.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Last one was Bad News Brown's WWF debut against some job guy. Been watching a whole bunch of Bad News segments and interviews.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio Jr 2 out of 3 falls 3/21/16

Highlight of the match was hearing JR call it. Lowlight was the fact that he had to carry Rampage Jackson and some other scrub on commentary.

Match was okay. Angle spent the entire first fall working on the back of Mysterio. Mysterio has his babyface comeback, misses a crossbody from the top, Angle hits an Angle Slam to go up 1-0. They lock back up a minute later, a little mat wrestling and Angle would go for another slam, Rey reverses into an arm drag onto the ropes which leads to a 619 and a splash from the top. 1-1.

End of the match is a little strange. Brian Hebner takes a bump, Kurt goes to grab a chair and some rapper stops him which lets Rey hit another 619 and splash to win the 3rd fall and the match.

Kurt was definitely the aggressor the entire match, was just weird to see him start wrestling like a heel in the last 3 minutes(low blows, attempted chair shots)

And fuck Rampage Jackson