Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
MLW "Rise of the Renegades:" C.W. Anderson v.s. Steve Williams.

Alright, now this more my speed. This was brutal as hell for the time it lasted. C.W. had Dr. Death scouted very well which made for some good counter, near-falls and Williams at his age didn't have to keep up with. This helped the match a lot yet I still felt this was a bit slow at times and repetitive. Still, I'll take a nice, STIFF fight like this over most things. Glad, I got to see these two tear into each other. If this would have happened at an earlier date it could have been even better but I'll take what I can with what this show has presented me so far. It would be a bit higher if wasn't for Simon Diamond gettin' involved only to be chased off my Sandman. Fun bout besides that and looks like as Joey Styles pointed out Steve Williams tag team title hopes are still alive... Umm, okay? Cool?

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
MLW "Rise of the Renegades:" Michael Shane & CM Punk v.s Raven & Norman Smiley.

This match was a mess, no rhythm, no flow, just bleh. When it starts to pick up it's just random and sporadic. I disliked it a lot. Yet, it was pretty much a thrown together match. I got a good kick outta G.I. Hoe actin' like Hoe. The interference in this match by the valets just added to the all over the place nature of this match. I just couldn't get into this at all. I guess it gets it's job done though with continuin' the Raven/Punk feud.

*1/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
MLW "Rise of the Renegades:" Terry Funk v.s Abdullah The Butcher.

So Abby is Steve Corino's opponent to take out Terry. Corino is MLW Champion, by the way. Okay. This match was pretty lame but what would ya expect from this happenin' in 2003. I mean 3/4 of the match is just them gougin' and slicin' each other open with a broken bottle and fork. Slow and dull and they lost a lot of blood for no reason. The match gets goin' when a chair gets involved, naw not really. The pace does pick itself up but I mean compared to what was happenin' before, how could it not? So Funk gets thrown into the ropes(only irish whip of the match) comes back and hits a crossbody for the win. It was the only time Abby left his feet.

DUD

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
MLW "Rise of the Renegades:" MLW Championship Match, Mike Awesome v.s Steve Corino(c).

Jesus, this was great for awhile then it stagnated until inference came out and ended it. The stuff Corino kicked out of was startin' to get pretty damn ridiculous. I enjoyed a majority of this fight that Awesome dictated and was lookin' like he was gonna beat Corino on several occasions. Corino survived with his belt thanks to his Extreme Horsemen brethren. The action was top notch before it just died. I don't know how it could have escalated more anyways, if they had more time they could've probably paced it better. Oh goodie, the tag team titles just stole the main event.

**1/2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
MLW "Rise of the Renegades:" Extreme Horsemen(Simon Diamond & C.W. Anderson) v.s Steve Williams & Sandman.

Well, I should just add Steve Corino and Terry Funk to the description since they didn't leave at all but this actually for Steve Williams and Sandman to get a title shot at the belts. The fuck? The way they set it up should turned it a title match on the spot. Stupid. Funk hits three straight stunner/neck breakers... were just terrible to say the least. The match doesn't even go like 5 minutes. If you wanna confuse your fans into insanity book main events like this.

What?

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
NWA-Florida "Tradition is About to Change:" NWA-Florida Championship Tournament 1st Round, David Young v.s Steve Corino.

Pretty solid match. Back and forth mat work that translated well when it progressed to bigger moves for nearfalls. A good match to start a show to show off what the tournament is gonna be like and that title is actually meaningful. It was about to get to an exchange of finishers it seemed when Corino rolled Young up out of nowhere. Still the action got me excited to see how good this tournament can get. I wasn't really expectin' to much from this show until now to be honest.

**3/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
NWA-Florida "Tradition is About to Change:" NWA-Florida Championship Tournament 1st Round, Billy Fives v.s David Johnson.

Naw, dawg. They did some basic stuff for about 5 minutes and then there was a ref bump that led to interference. Seriously nuthin' special.

3/4*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
NWA-Florida "Tradition is About to Change:" NWA-Florida Championship Tournament 1st Round, Dr. Heresy v.s Danny Doring.

This was pretty bad, mostly. I mean first they couldn't get on the same page and had some awful exchanges and then they just hit odd moves for nearfalls. Nuthin' felt legit here. I mean for fuck sake Dr. Heresy's punches :lmao :lmao :lmao I would slap this guy upside the head. Doring wasn't too bad but he didn't help change the route of the match into something worthwhile. Not great.

*1/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
NWA-Florida "Tradition is About to Change:" NWA-Florida Championship Tournament 1st Round, Pat McGroin v.s Agent Steele.

This was a hard-hitin' big man match but wasn't really good at all. The transitions in this were just awful. You had some brutal strikes good throws especially durin' McGroin's beatdown on Steele. He gets beat on pretty well but still his attempts to fight back were pathetic and then he hits something and almost botches it to pull off the victory. Both need more work but have potential.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
NWA-Florida "Tradition is About to Change:" NWA-Florida Junior Heavyweight Title Match, Jimmy Rave v.s Justice(c).

To break up the tournament and give the guys a rest before the next round we a get this. This was a pretty decent contest though. Justice is a star on the Florida Indy scene apparently. There was one point in this match that just made me cringe. Rave hits a move goes up to the second rope with his back to the mat and just waits there, doesn't move up the turnbuckle, just starin' off into space. So you know Justice just comes up and hits a powerbomb of sorts. Ugh! He wasn't even tauntin' or anything. I mean otherwise these guys were havin' a very fast pace match with pretty good counters and reversals. It progressed seemingly well. Not too bad of a match but nuthin' spectacular or CRISPY.

**1/4

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
NWA-Florida "Tradition is About to Change:" NWA-Florida Championship Tournament 2nd Round: Dave Johnson v.s Steve Corino.

This match is a fraud. It really was. They started off brawlin' and they get outside the ring and looks like it's gonna be a serious fight. They end up gettin' back in the ring and after about a minute of nuthin', Corino hits a suplex and wins. Yeah, that's it. Fuck this shit.

DUD

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
NWA-Florida "Tradition is About to Change:" NWA-Florida Championship Tournament 2nd Round, Agent Steele v.s Danny Doring.

God awfully dumb. No idea what they were attemptin' to do here. They just couldn't connect well on any anything. This show is fallin' apart pretty fast. Steele at one point tries to reverse a move Doring is doin' but doesn't really seem to know what move Doring is doin' so we get this dumbass landing that doesn't make any sense. Fuck you, Steele. I'm glad shortly after this Doring hits a series of moves to move on in the tournament.

1/2*-3/4*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA X-Division Xtravaganza 2014: Chris Sabin v.s Low Ki.

Awesome opener to this event. I wanted to it see go to another level but I guess that is just me being a bit greedy. Still, Low Ki got his Mortal Kombat on while Sabin tried to take the wind from his opponent. Both seemed to know each other well which led to some new interestin' spots that I liked. Nice to see veterans like this not try to much but still throw in new counters/reversals to keep it fresh. Ya know, dawg? Damn good match and pretty fun finishin' stretch. Great, great start. Looks like I own this thread and I ain't even been here, I may review another match or the entire show...

***1/4

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA X-Division Xtravaganza 2014: Rashaad Cameron v.s DJ Z.

Eh, I didn't care for most of this. It felt like a bunch of random moves with nobody establishin' their own character let alone the match. I just didn't think it clicked. The finishin' sequence was great too bad nothin' really prepared for it. Lackluster but had some athletic action to live up to the X-Division name.

*1/2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA X-Division Xtravaganza: Rubix v.s Kenny King.

This was pretty much all Kenny King, Rubix shouldn't have even bothered. He did his best sloppy, Sami Zayn impression to show he was for REAL. He took a good beatin' though, kickin' out of some of King's bigger moves. When King was destroyin' the kid with some head drops were the best parts. Yeah, fuck Jigsaw.