Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Don't you mean that jet ski accident :hm:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Collision in Korea: 2 Cold Scorpio v.s Chris Benoit.

The match had a decent flow developin' until the decisive finish which pretty much halted everything(just like this sentence). Had some good action to start the night off hot but didn't get the time to fully get goin' to accomplish anything. If edited, I wanna butcher whoever killed this match. After a sick tombstone match and divin' headbutt Benoit looked clearly superior as if this match was just to put him over. I mean like a WCW Saturday Night extended squash for Christ's sakes.

*1/2

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WCW Collision in Korea: 2 Cold Scorpio v.s Chris Benoit.

The match had a decent flow developin' until the decisive finish which pretty much halted everything(just like this sentence). Had some good action to start the night off hot but didn't get the time to fully get goin' to accomplish anything. If edited, I wanna butcher whoever killed this match. After a sick tombstone match and divin' headbutt Benoit looked clearly superior as if this match was just to put him over. I mean like a WCW Saturday Night extended squash for Christ's sakes.

*1/2
Benoit won that J-Cup and was a big deal....2 Cold was his jobber young boy in New Japan.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I get all that, it's a WCW/NJPW production though. And I want to see the best matches, I don't want excuses why they are bein' avoided.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I get all that, it's a WCW/NJPW production though. And I want to see the best matches, I don't want excuses why they are bein' avoided.
Also foreigners wanted to get the fuck out of there as soon as possible....Everyone hated that tour and most won't even talk about it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WCW Slamboree '93 - WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Big Van Vader (c) (with Harley Race) vs Davey Boy Smith

Vader tries to use his power on Smith early, but Smith isn't affected by it, even no-selling a Vader Attack. So Vader just backs him into a corner and starts throwing Vader Hammers like only Vader can do :mark: Smith ends up outside the ring now, and this allows Race to get a shot in on him. Vader comes out after Smith, but misses him and flips over the steel rail and into the crowd. Smith brings him back over into a powerslam :mark: Smith meets Vader as he's trying to get back into the ring, and hits a stalling suplex, and he held up Vader for like 5 seconds :mark: Vader catches him in the corner with a boot though, but then Smith catches Vader off the top rope with a powerslam, then hits a clothesline on Vader sending him over the top rope. This crowd is crazy hot for Smith right now as he's putting up a much better fight against Vader than anyone has this early in a match. Vader gets back in the ring, and Smith goes for a crucifix pin, but Vader just slams him back. Vader hits some elbows right into the stomach of Smith now and these are vicious. Vader goes for the Vader Bomb early and is able to hit it, but Smith kicks out at two. Vader stays in control with some strikes now, just kicking Smith while he's down. Vader hits a big scoop slam, then goes up top, and hits a diving Vader Attack. Vader hits some more Hammers in the corner now as Smith is bleeding from his nose :mark: Vader sets Smith on the top rope now and goes for a superplex, but Smith starts fighting back and front suplexes Vader off, then hits a diving headbutt. Both men sell that move and are up at the same time, but Smith just lifts Vader up and drops him on his ass :lmao Vader is back up quick and hits a clothesline on Smith. Smith goes for a sunset flip, but Vader drops down only for Smith to move. Man Vader's ass has got to be sore here. Smith goes for a roll-up after that, but Vader kicks out and just punches the shit out of Smith to take him down. Vader snapmares Smith over, then goes up top. Vader hits the Crush, but sells his sternum after it. Smith is up first, but Vader just catches him with a kick to the gut from the ground. Vader sends Smith outside, and Race hits some knee drops :mark: Back in the ring, Vader hits some more Hammers in the corner until Smith is on the ground :mark: Vader hits a scoop slam, then drops down on Smith as the crowd tries to get Smith back into it. Smith fights out of a modified camel clutch and is able to hit an electric chair drop :mark: Smith starts fighting back now and hits a big clothesline for a two count. Smith catches Vader in the corner and is able to hit his running powerslam, but Race breaks up the count by pulling Smith out by his hair. Smith takes down Race, but Vader comes up from behind and hits him with a chair. Smith wins by DQ, but Vader's not done. Marcus Alexander Bagwell, and 2 Cold Scorpio come out to save Smith, but Vader just destroys them :lmao Sting then comes out to make the save, and he's successful. This was actually a real fun match, mainly Vader's offense, but also the way they built Smith to be such a threat and able to match power with Vader.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sonjay Dutt VS. "RockStar Spud TNA One Night Only

This comedy match dragged a bit. Dutt didn't really seem into it, but Spud did a solid job, and the match had a decent flow to it. Dutt's finisher doesn't really work for me though.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF King of the Ring (1993) - King of the Ring Final: Bam Bam Bigelow vs Bret Hart

So Hart has wrestled almost 30 minutes in two matches tonight while Bigelow has only wrestled one 5 minute match because he got a bye. Bigelow takes control early by winning the opening brawl. He goes for a military press slam, but Hart falls down on him for a two count, and then starts working on the arm. Bigelow powers out of it, and takes Hart down with a shoulder block. Bigelow then just military presses Hart over the top rope and onto the floor :mark: Bigelow goes out and throws Hart back in and starts headbutting his back. Bigelow continues to work on the back with a big Irish whip to the corner, followed by another falling headbutt. Hart stays in it by getting a foot on the rope, but Bigelow continues to take it to Hart's back, hitting a huge back suplex for another two count. Hart fights back to his feet, but Bigelow ends that with another big Irish whip to the corner. Bigelow then locks in a big bearhug in the middle of the ring, which Hart breaks out of only for Bigelow to hit another one of those high angle back suplexes. Bigelow just throws Hart outside the ring now, and then tries to send him into the rail, but Hart reverses it and sends Bigelow into it instead. Hart jumps off the apron onto Bigelow successfully, but then tries it again and Bigelow catches him and slams him back first into the ring post. Bigelow then slams Hart down on the floor, keeping the focus on his lower back. While Bigelow is back in the ring distracting the ref, Luna Vachon comes out from the back and hits Hart with a chair before leaving as quickly as she came. Back in the ring, Bigelow is still in complete control, and hits the WBTYM for the win...... but SWERVE Hebner comes out and tells the other ref what happened so they decide to restart the match. HEBNER SCREWED BIGELOW! So Bigelow stays in control using his power still, hitting some headbutts. Bigelow locks in another bearhug, which Hart fights out of but only for Bigelow to lock on a backbreaker. Hart flips out of it and hits a back suplex though :mark: I think the crowd should have popped more for that to be honest. Bigelow is up first, but he misses a splash, and Hart starts fighting back from his knees. Bigelow just rakes Hart's eyes to end his comeback, then locks on another backbreaker, but Hart rakes the eyes now and rolls into a sleeper :mark: Bigelow flips him over, but Hart comes back and hits a dropkick in the back to send Bigelow over the top rope. Hart then hits a slingshot splash after him and ends it with some punches :mark: Back in the ring, Hart hits a diving clothesline, but only gets a two count. Hart then hits a Russian legsweep, then a diving bulldog, and goes for the Sharpshooter. Bigelow fights out of it though, and then catches Hart in another bearhug, but Hart just bites him to get out. Hart goes for a back suplex, but Bigelow falls on him and only gets two. Hart catches Bigelow in the corner again, and gets a Victory Roll for the win :mark: Man, that was fun and made Hart look like such a badass. The Perfect match is better than this, but this was a lot of fun to watch as well. King of the Ring '93 AKA The Bret Hart show.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Hart/Bigelow matches are really underrated.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Major League Wrestling "Rise of the Renegades:" S.A.T. v.s Jimmy Yang & Tony Mamaluke.

At times this was awesome and at other times it was down right hilariously awful. The first few minutes it was just sloptastic. Too fast and out of control and nothin' looked crisp. Jimmy Yang almost breaks his own arms doin' a dive outside the ring. He holds onto the ropes too long and his arms start twistin' and he ends fallin' at an awkward angle on one the Maximo's. Haha, it was shortly after this either Joel or Jose went for a baseball slide only to stop before the ropes and Yang tries to save it by attackin' him through the ropes. It was just terrible. This picks up though and turns into something a bit above some of the recent X-Division I've watched from 2003. The real bright spots of the match and only person who I felt looked like they wanted to win and not just do MOVESZ!?! was Tony Mamaluke. Just about everything he did was smart and Yang flopped around doin' his thing. Overall, a good effort, just a bit too sloppy for my taste. Some would probably cream over some of the action here but eh, spot monkeys.

**1/4

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
MLW "Rise of the Renegades:" Richard J. Criardo v.s Josh Daniels.

Didn't mind this, actually felt like both wrestlers brought something to this match. Criardo's size and Daniels' style meshed well in this match. Daniels was billed as some sort of Dynamite Kid clone or something but he is too green for that here for me to take it seriously. I will say that you could tell he was gonna be a solid wrestler, though. It was pretty hard-hittin' match, pretty basic outside a few things. Good, little mid-card match for an Indy and if I was fan of an Indy in my area with guys like this, I'd support them. Still, the green-ness shows through here and the finish didn't work. Just didn't. Criadro is crotched face first in the corner turnbuckle so Daniels goes for a full-nelson and attempts a Dragon Suplex out of the corner only for it look like Criardo with all his mass just rolled over him. Not on my watch son.

*3/4

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
MLW "Rise of Renegades:" Samoan Island Tribe v.s Da Hit Squad.

Everybody's favorite Indy tag team Da Hit Squad v.s Umaga and Samu, yeah. So this was a decent brawl at best. Didn't get to escalate and the referee was thrown out the ring promptin' the match to be thrown out itself. This is probably gonna to lead to some sort of Street Fight. I don't know with how short MLW's history was if it ever happened. Can't say much more on this unless you want me to quote Joey Styles when Samu went for a Bronco Buster on Dan Maff and he just laid on his face... Yeah, I'll just leave it at that.