Kurt Angle talks WWE Rejecting him

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay

Reaction score
PWTORCH said:
By Mike Johnson on 2015-04-08 17:19:48
TNA champion Kurt Angle was interviewed by Sports Illustrated today and claimed that when he called Vince McMahon about returning to WWE last year, he was told to contact Triple H, who then told him that the company already had enough talent.
PWInsider.com sources at the time indicated that Angle wanted a part-time deal while WWE told him they were only interested in him if he was willing to commit to a full-time schedule. At the time, Angle was also trying to parlay a part-time WWE deal into helping his acting endeavors.

Angle claimed, "It was as if I was a nobody, that I wasn’t Kurt Angle. From a wrestling standpoint, they just weren’t interested. But TNA not only stepped up, they gave me everything I wanted – the dates, the money, and it’s no secret that I’ve went to rehab in the past, and they gave me time off. You talk about a company that’s loyal to you, and you want to be loyal back. So I didn’t pursue the WWE any further. When it comes down to it, you’ve got to stick with the people who want to take care of you. And [TNA president] Dixie Carter took care of me."

Angle claimed that WWE canceled a meeting with him to discuss returning and also stated that WWE would have made more money this year if they had brought him back. He also recounts his version of the time he and Brock Lesnar decided to legitimately shoot with each other in the ring before a WWE event.

Seems like WWE really didn't want him. Politics?

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
WWE will pick him up when he has no other options. Im sure politics have a bit to do with it as well.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Sucks the WWE couldn't bring him back, there's definitley plenty of things they could have done with Kurt. If they agreed on a schedule and everything and it just came down to not being able to agree on money then I could have understood not bowing down to what Kurt wanted but them supposedly not wanting to sign him because they already have enough talent is a big kick in the teeth

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What is WWE supposed to do? They are on a youth movement, and they can sign whoever they want.

Kurt has proven to be a PR nightmare and not a needle mover, let's be completely honest, we can want Angle in WWE but he isn't a Rock or even Brock, he is a Rhyno and would be lucky to beon an NXT show.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
we can want Angle in WWE but he isn't a Rock or even Brock, he is a Rhyno and would be lucky to beon an NXT show.

I c u trollin
Dey hatin

Didnt take any stock of the interview cuz Angle always bullshits.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah looks like Kurt is seeking heat and not much else. I do think it is a mistake WWE not signing him at some point, because with the right deal and feuds he can still offer them something. Still think it will happen one day, but also think that given Angle's injuries than time is running out for both sides.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Angle is going to Misawa himself in the ring one day.

The company that it happens in is going to get massacred by media and the public.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
If he did come back, he will have to change his theme music. That 'you suck' chant is just way to easy.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Kurt Angle is a walkin' tragedy. WWE should stay far away from him. WWE didn't even want to give him a shorter schedule when he first left. Now, he's been down in TNA destroyin' his neck even more in mostly mediocre matches for almost 10 years now. With the right person he may have a good feud/match but it's not worth the risk.

Last edited: