King of the Mountain Returns to Slammiversary

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
6641e17e9dc5933a06b8dc0a3bfd7ce1_L.jpg

For the first time in six years, the King of the Mountain Match returns to Slammiversary on June 28 live on Pay Per View at 8pm ET.

A TNA original, and one of the most innovative matches in all professional wrestling, the King of the Mountain was a staple of the annual Slammiversary event through 2009. Some of the greatest wrestlers in TNA history have entered the King of the Mountain match in hopes to stake a claim to TNA Gold.

Impactwrestling.com is going to take you through the rules that make up the King of the Mountain match, and in the coming days join us right here to relive some of the best moments of the King of the Mountain matches from past Slammiversary.

King of the Mountain Rules:

The match consists of 5 competitors who begin ineligible to win. In order to become eligible one must score a submission or pinfall where falls count anywhere.

Once eligible the competitor must retrieve the belt from the official while the person who was pinned or submitted must spend 2 minutes in the “penalty box” cage.

Multiple competitors can be locked in the penalty box resulting in alliances or the fight continuing.

Once the belt is in play any other wrestler who is eligible may steal the belt, if at any point the belt is dropped it goes back to the official.

An eligible competitor hangs the belt on a hook suspended 15 feet above the ring via a ladder to win the match.

Tell us what you think about the return of King of the Mountain to #Slammiversary by using #KOTM.
After six incredibly long years it's back! I was really hoping this is what TNA had in mind for Slammiversary. Pulling this in 2010 was only second to removing the six sides as the dumbest thing TNA ever did. Both happened in 2010 after Hogan came on board. With King of the Mountain back it truly feels like a Slammiversary again. One has to wonder the timing with the similar WWE Money in the Bank having just taken place. That aside, what are your thoughts on not only KOTM returning to Slammiversary, but on TNA shelving it for so long? Do you believe it should have stayed buried or you excited to see it back? My only concern is how will "Bell to Bell" on July 1st effect this?

It's only a guarantee that Angle will retain, so he can make his defense against EC3. Unless, EC3 qualifies for KOTM (and wins the title)...

Punks discuss.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Might as well call it King of The Mountain Money in the Bank. I can't see Angle defending his title then defending it again a week later. I expect five top challengers wanting their shot versus Angle, after the match EC3/Angle is done.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Might as well call it King of The Mountain Money in the Bank. I can't see Angle defending his title then defending it again a week later. I expect five top challengers wanting their shot versus Angle, after the match EC3/Angle is done.
I definitely see lots of angles spinning out of KOTM; however, I think this is EC3's time. If not at Slammiversary, then at "Bell to Bell."

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I definitely see lots of angles spinning out of KOTM; however, I think this is EC3's time. If not at Slammiversary, then at "Bell to Bell."

Yeah I totally agree, you could say he's the MVP for TNA in 2015. He's been ready to have his chance to be World Champion, the last guy I felt like that was Bobby Roode. Remember they built him up to face Angle, and he lost the big match. Following week James Storm wins the title, and Storm vs Roode following week, bottle to the head and he's been since then.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah I totally agree, you could say he's the MVP for TNA in 2015. He's been ready to have his chance to be World Champion, the last guy I felt like that was Bobby Roode. Remember they built him up to face Angle, and he lost the big match. Following week James Storm wins the title, and Storm vs Roode following week, bottle to the head and he's been since then.
I honestly wish Bobby Roode was a little more used than he currently is, but I do love the Dirty Heels, so I'll let it slide if they win the tag titles.

EC3 has been consistently the best thing about Impact Wrestling for as long as I can remember. The guy has the whole package and the intangible "it" factor (another Bobby Roode comparison). Now is the time to pull the trigger on him and create your next homegrown superstar.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
We are the same wave length with EC3 man, I consider his feud with Rockstar Spud feud of the year for TNA. Also defeating Wrestling Legends like Sting and Angle, is going to raise your stock very quickly.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
The one time I stop watching TNA and they end up bringing this back. Anyone want to get me caught up on what's been going on? I not watched since the first two on Destination America. I just need to know what's going on with the feuds going into this PPV. I might watch a stream.

HEELing it Up

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The one time I stop watching TNA and they end up bringing this back. Anyone want to get me caught up on what's been going on? I not watched since the first two on Destination America. I just need to know what's going on with the feuds going into this PPV. I might watch a stream.

HEELing it Up

Right now feud wise its
EC3/Angle over the TNA World Title
Magnus/Storm over the heart of Mickie James
True Heels[Roode/Aries]/The Wolves
Taryn Terrell is the Knockouts champion and she's trying to fend off challengers like Awesome Kong, Brooke and Gail Kim these days. She has a great group in Marti Belle and Jade to help her, but hopefully TNA gets new meat in that division.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I actually really like King of the Mountain, it's one of my favourite ideas that TNA have ever had. Some of the previous matches were pretty awesome and I hope this one is too.

I haven't really been keeping up with TNA lately so I don't know about the storyline aspect of this match, just hoping it's a great match.