Killz Previews & Picks Money in the Bank!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Killz

Reaction score
So I’m back floating around the forum and so damn bored this fine summers day (and to be honest I’ve been bored for about 2 months since uni finished so I should really have done more) but it occurred to me how imminent Money in the Bank is so, I figured, it’s time for Killz to Preview & Pick a WWE pay-per-view offering!

20130606_HEADER_MITB.png

It’s Money in the Bank and that means two superstars, potentially new or at least fresher superstars, are going to get a main event run in the next 12 months. Turning that from a 1 month, 8 TV run before jobbing to a long stranglehold on a television spot is the key for the biggest paydays. Beyond the “businessâ€￾ aspect of it though I think there must be some guys who feel like they deserve a shot. Guys like Cody Rhodes aren’t walking out the door if they don’t get a main event run, I get that, but surely some of these guys believe they’re destined for more and CAN make the company money? I’m looking forward to the event regardless as I’m intrigued as to just how dominant Mark Henry looks, I’m interested in seeing if Dolph will get his run as champ and of course, two multi-man ladder matches will be spot central and provide top quality entertainment. Let’s do it.

20130624_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_JERICHO-RYBACK_C-HOMEPAGE.jpg

I’m starting with this one even though there’s a Diva’s match on the card and a tag-title match bringing up the rear on the KICKOFF SHOW! because I think this match opens the show and creates your buzz. You have to open a PPV with a hot match OR some intrigue. Without Kane being removed from the MITB all-star match I’d say the World Heavyweight Championship curtain jerks as usual, Del Rio beats on Ziggler, Ziggler pops the crowd by selling like hell, and you maybe give Dolph the title so that the crowd are hot. However I think adding a spot in the all-star MITB match to Jericho vs Ryback makes a luke-warm mid-card bout mean a whole lot more. Especially if you want to introduce a relationship I think dirtsheets are reporting between Ryback and Vickie Guerrero (or another manager) this is the time to do it. Ryback can go over to add that big guy to catch Bryan and Punk and do the monster spots. Plus it’ll be great to see Ryback’s singlet vs RVD’s singlet.

In an alternate reality where this seemingly obvious booking decision doesn’t come to fruition and they go one on one then Ryback wins anyway. Jericho will do anything to put over talent and Ryback NEEDS this like nothing else in his career to even remain a remote threat to anyone. Fancy making a guy who looks like this a PPV bitch? Well done WWE.

Killz Pick: “I’m still hungry, thanks cateringâ€￾ Ryback

20130701_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_Divas_C-HOMEPAGE.jpg

I don’t usually give the divas a lot of love but damn do I have a lot of…er…â€￾loveâ€￾ for AJ and Kaitlyn. Aside from the obvious though I love that AJ has a submission finisher and their matches are actually pretty good. AJ is taking selling lessons from Dolph and when she takes that spear she looks broken clean in half. I think this will be short but fun and if it gets Big E on PPV television then I’m happy! Not much more to say other than I think you move Kaitlyn into a secondary divas feud with the likes of Layla and then give AJ the rest of the “challengersâ€￾…so, like, the Bellas or whatever.

Killz Pick: AJ “cute is the new hotâ€￾ Lee

20130701_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_tagteam_C-HOMEPAGE.jpg

Now first of all, I love the Uso’s. I mean seriously they have had ZERO story; I mean literally nothing for so so long and yet their athleticism in the ring and their unique entrance pop the crowd every single time they do make it to television. They’re like Shelton Benjamin or other such stories of superstars never being given a fair crack of the whip with a good meaty story. Shelton would come into Money in the Bank matches with no build, steal the show, and have people willing him to win the briefcase every year because he was the most compelling guy to watch. The Uso’s are the same, they’re compelling from the Haka to their face paint; I want to watch them. The SHIELD have lost some momentum as of late by not being paired with the main event stars but when you’ve got a summer to push and new guys like Bray coming into the fold you have to ease off on the super push. I’d be happy with the SHIELD just retaining here and letting these guys do some spot stuff to keep the pre-show crowd happy. I’d like to think the Uso’s would get another shot actually on PPV down the line but I feel like if the WWE is serious about the Wyatt family you might look at Harper and…the other one as the next challengers with Bray going after the equally freaky Ambrose. I think that would be an amazing dynamic and a really cool SummerSlam match if the planned match featuring Kane and ‘Taker doesn’t come about.

Killz Pick: The “Not at all built returning Christian? Our only weakness!â€￾ SHIELD

20130701_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_miz-axel_C-homepage.jpg

I like Axel. He needs promo lessons seriously because even Brock can deliver a louder and more convincing promo but as a ring hand? There’s not actually many people better who aren’t bonafide main eventers. You can tell that out of the ring he has been plying his trade and making every facet of his game as perfect as possible for the eventual call-up. Heyman is obviously a god send but working mid-card matches against the Miz? Not so much. I’ve been watching a lot of Miz’s work recently in an attempt to write a coloumn about just what happened to the Miz and if you want my opinion, even though I supported his main event push, what happened to the Miz was that people realised he’s just not that good. It doesn’t help his current weird face, semi-Flair, figure-four gimmick is just the most watered down and pointless gimmick he’s ever had. I’d take total douchebag Real World interviewer over this but he really does need to go back to the Miz that was main eventing WreslteMania. Bring back A-Ry! The Miz doesn’t need this, he needs a character change, so Axel retains.

Killz Pick: Curt “McGilli-what?â€￾ Axel

20130624_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_HW-championship_C-homepage.jpg

Likely sandwiched between the likes of Cryback/Jericho and the Divas match because watching Ziggler sell can wake up even the most dead crowds in my opinion; this one is set to be a sleeper hit. The story is writing itself and with Dolph’s growing frustration, but ability to actually get one up on Del Rio on TV, I actually see Del Rio retaining. I don’t think that’s how you build the “newâ€￾ Dolph though. He hasn’t really turned fully baby yet, not really, but as usual WWE like to take guys who have something bubbling, have something they could grab hold of, and take it away from them. They don’t like to build. Look at the Smackdown MITB…

39698526.jpg

…so if you want to make Dolph go face you have him take back his big moment and wear that belt again. Actually have someone overcome the odds that isn’t called John Cena and then you give him ANY of the guys who may win the SD! MiTB and let them work a program. It makes too much sense. I’ll enjoy watching this though, Del Rio can really work a vicious heel who will try and hurt Ziggler. He works that style way better than the submission wrestler who’s everyone’s friend. Given I’ve picked no title changes tonight so far though I’m going to throw caution to the wind and say Dolph picks it up.

Killz Pick: Dolph “Mr. Assâ€￾ Ziggler

_TEMPLATE_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_cena-henry_C-hompepage.jpg

What can I say about Mark Henry? I thought you couldn’t beat his World Heavyweight Title run and I figured that was it, he got his run, he’ll be enhancement and that’s that. Now though, now I’m convinced Henry could have a run at the very top more than I’ve ever thought anyone could have that mega-heel run. He is compelling and believable on the mic and in the ring it’s exactly the same story. I don’t want to bore anyone because you’ve all seen and written about the fake retirement yourselves but it was hands down the most compelling segment for me since the summer of pipebomb Punk. Very good and was instant heat for this match. One segment and there’s your main event. It CAN be done. I haven’t put this AS the main event in this coloumn though because unfortunately it’s all become very predictable after the promo. Henry has the upper hand throughout, it looks like Cena isn’t strong enough but Cena NEVER BACKS DOWWNNNNN so tonight Cena will suddenly become strong enough because of adrenaline/crowd noise/another paycheck/Monster and likely pin Henry 1,2,3. I haven’t wanted Punk back in the title scene since he lost the belt but what I wouldn’t give for him or Bryan or Orton to win the briefcase and cash-in on Cena after this disappointment. I HOPE I’m surprised and they actually give themselves a new main eventer for the rest of the year but booking 101 says…

Killz Pick: John “HUSTLE, LOYALTY, RESPECT unless you’re alex rileyâ€￾ Cena

20130626_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_WHW-champ_C-homepage.jpg

We’ll go for the up and comers MITB first as it has less intrigue although it might prove to be the better match of the two. As I said before, it’s all heels and I feel like that’s set up for a face world heavyweight champion. I love the dynamic that could present. We all know what we’re getting from a MITB match so I’ll run down the competitors in bullet point form for EASE OF READING <3

- Dean Ambrose is really quite interesting to watch wrestle. His background actually makes him way more suited to this match than the tag scenarios he has been working and frankly, I’m excited to see what spots they give him. It’d be an interesting scenario to have all the Shield members have titles AND a money in the bank contract and, to be fair, he might be the guy with the most recent experience actually pinning main event stars and champions. I started this coloumn thinking he had no chance but as I write I’m becoming less inclined to rule him out. After all, if you’re going to have an unpredictable winner it’s surely in this match of the two? I’ll say though he has enough going on with the Shield, the US title and learning how to properly work the WWE TV style so maybe next year Dean.

- Fandango is another guy who I think will excel in a spot-fest because he can play his character and do some spots and not get bogged down with rest holds and heat segments where the crowd could lose interest. He has to look after his health but I only see his stock going up after this match. If it’s too soon for Dean then it’s certainly too soon for Fandango but I expect a good showing.

- Jack Swagger has been here and done it. Sure guys have won the case a couple of times but we’re talking about CM Punk and Edge here, a hall of famer and a future hall of famer, not Jack Swagger who’s first run flopped hard and who’s second stab at the big time was ruined by his own mistakes. I don’t think he’s trusted to take the briefcase. If you want someone in that gimmick with Zeb to win you give it to the next guy who has at least not flopped hard or messed around with recreational drugs yet.

- Antonio Cesaro is excellent. I mean really excellent in the ring and confident on the mic. People snub his “boringâ€￾ gimmick but these are usually the same people who hate on Randy Orton who happens to be the best worker and most professional man in the business today. I would kill for a Cesaro/Orton program based on truly being the ‘best in the world’ working the ring but I digress. I’d book Cesaro to win but I’m not sure creative are convinced in his ability to get over with the live crowd so not this year.

- Wade Barrett is another one of these guys who can really work in the ring but unlike Cesaro and Orton I’m never quite convinced. He’s my fellow countryman but I despise his promo work and I just don’t think MITB is the way to get him to the main event. His trigger pull moment came and went with the Nexus so I think a more organic, traditional build would be better for him. He’s too far along to win this but not far enough along to be an all-star and that’s because of foolish, stop-start, booking on WWE’s part.

- Cody Rhodes. Oh Cody. I’m so sorry you were paired with someone as entertaining as yourself but who is a lot fresher to the audience because it’s not fair you’re being held in the position you are. I truly believe Rhodes could be a great underdog main event star, a classic chicken shit heel, with all the ready-made lineage based storylines you could want. He’s even got the mic skills to back it up but WWE really don’t see it. I think Rhodes is your dark horse as someone who could carry the case and make excellent use of it.

- Damien Sandow is my pick. Here’s a guy who has done what he’s been asked to do and done it in compelling fashion. Fantastic on the stick with an excellent gimmick that would be over in a bygone era but is still getting crowd response today. You expect the newer guys to television to struggle with live crowds and shows but Sandow has become part of the furniture and reliable for a decent match so he can surely only kick on from here. This is about up and comers and the closest character, note:gimmick, to being ready for the briefcase is Sandow.

Killz Pick: Damien “we should all be gratefulâ€￾ Sandow

20130621_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_7man_homepage.jpg

Taken from the thread so it still includes Kane but that’s to remind you all he’s been removed! Do we see another superstar? A Ryback? Another surprise? Someone not booked? A loser from earlier in the night? Does it stay a 6-man affair? Interesting. Vickie was fired but could she have made a decision before that for a case such as this? Or to undermine Steph for booking the match herself? Interesting still. Let’s see who we have.

- Sheamus is bottom of the pile here because, frankly, even though he works an ok style I just hate his gimmick and he doesn’t need or deserve this. There’s coming in with no build and then there’s coming with 1-800-FELLA and being over as a caricature with children. Sheamus needs to up his badassery ten fold.

- Christian is as reliable as they come and if he puts his body through the wringer tonight you can bet the crowd will be right behind him when he tries to climb that ladder. I’m not going to lie, I’d LOVE to see Christian with a WWE title shot contract but I just don’t believe any more. Christian is excellent in the ring and has great matches with a whole range of superstars but his time as a marketable main event star has passed. I think he’s a bit too old now to become particularly convincing and to win a contract that puts Cena at your feet? You need to have some serious upside going forward. I can hope but I don’t believe.

- CM Punk is obviously heading towards a feud with Brock. Do you give him the belt or have the briefcase on the line? I don’t think so. I think Lesnar might get a sniff of the title but I’d wager that be at WrestleMania 30 against John Cena but I digress again. Punk doesn’t even half need this and if you’re not going to make the Lesnar/Punk SummerSlam match about the title then Punk doesn’t need this. In fact I expect some sort of Heyman shenanigans to stop him climbing the ladder or something and it will be one of his two friends, Bryan or Orton, who will ascend I should think.

- Randy Orton is my personal pick and I think it kickstarts an alignment change and a new run at the very top. I refuse to do down, or give up on, Daniel Bryan as a main event star but if you have Lesnar working with Punk and (potentially) Taker working with the Wyatt family at SummerSlam you have a strong if not overwhelming card. A fresh Orton/Cena rivalry, with Orton going crazy heel again, might be the key. Even better I’d make Bryan/Cena the actuality at SummerSlam via some other means to number one contendership, have Bryan reach the top of the mountain and make Cena tap out, before Orton cashes in and punts Bryan into the biggest feud of his live with the Viper. I need to see more main event work from Bryan and Orton so one of those two needs to win this briefcase.

- I’ve mentioned D-Bry but I will also say I’m one of his biggest fans right now and, whilst my pick is Orton, I desperately want Bryan to win. I think the crowd will eat it up. Booking 101 says otherwise though.

- Rob Van Dam is last on the list and the pop he will get is going to be fun. He’s a great guy for matches like these but his real chance at the top came and went a long time ago when the WWE was a bit more risqué and then he ruined his own greatest run. His body can still do it but the recycling of moves and his slow, plodding pace as of late have turned me off him. It will be a good moment and we’ll see some good stuff but not this time Rob, not this time.

Killz Pick: Randall “it’s IED or LED or...whateverâ€￾ Orton

So there you have it! Pick apart my diagnoses and laugh at my picks or do whatever, let’s all just have a sick discussion tonight. Enjoy the show guys!

Reactions: 1 person

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Nice piece of work. Enjoy MITB.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Got all but 1 right. That's pretty insane. Props for predicting both MITB. Not easy. The write up was well done too.

Killz

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Yeah last time I did this I got them all right, I need to start betting on them or dominating that prediction league we have here haha hope yous enjoyed the show