Keith's Look Old School WWF, WCW, Indy etc Video releases

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Am talking mostly about those compilation Videos I used to get a lot of, as well some wrestler profile ones and other odd little bits. What I love about these releases is how you can discover a gem which very few people would have seen or a disaster which in its own why can be entertaining. All these will be from my personal collection.

Will be starting soon with WWF Battle of the Superstars

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
you know me I'm all about the gems, looking forward to this.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I've been waiting forever for this Keith, so glad you got round to it
[MENTION=204].Hollywood.[/MENTION] [MENTION=1891]Chris[/MENTION] 8D

Reactions: 1 person

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I've been waiting forever for this Keith, so glad you got round to it
[MENTION=204].Hollywood.[/MENTION] [MENTION=1891]Chris[/MENTION] 8D

Are you a mind reading? Wow another of your many talents!

BOTS will be up tomorrow.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
WWF Battle of the Superstars

Year:1990

Hosted by: Sean Mooney (dressed up in army gear with the sound of bombs going off in the background!)

Tag Team Match of the month (really?!)
The Bushwhackers VS. Rhythm & Blues (with Jimmy Hart)
Anyone complaining about the standard of modern tag wrestling should watch this match. The highlight is Heenan and Monsoon talking about the messages on the back of R&B's trucks.

Intercontinental Tournament Final
Tito Santana VS. Mr Perfect
Nicely paced match, some good brawling and wrestling back and fourth, has the feel of the an important match helped by the announcers. Love Jesse giving
Mcmahon stick for calling Santana favourite, "What book are you reading from?" :carlito: This is the match is where Heenan debuts as Perfect's manager.
Would have liked it to be longer. Post match Perfect says, "not only do you now have a perfect Intercontinental champion, and let me introduce you to the perfect manager Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan!"

Dusty Rhodes profile
Rhodes VS. Akeem **
Dull and overlong clash of styles.

RhodesVS. The Big Boss Man **
Nothing match ends quickly in DQ.

Rhodes VS. Macho King (Sherri) **1/2
Passible brawl. Post-match Sapphire gives Sherri some "Brown sugar" Dusty's words not mine.

In between matches The Dream is shown in videos first keeping it real in a meat factory, and then we see big dust with big mac
(who is a horse) the animal made more sense than Rhodes.

Fan Favourite match
Jim Neidhart VS. The Genius
What sort of fan would come up with this one? :vince2: Basic comedy fare, actually not as bad as it could've been.

Jake the Snake Roberts VS. The Million Dollar Man
The Fink informs us that this is a No DQ match and the Virgil will be barred from ringside. This was better than their wrestlemania 6 match (which I thought was a bit of a let down). Two pros at the top of their game, not only does it flow well, but has the sense of a true grudge match, a very heated clash. A
thing of beauty.

WWF Title
The Ultimate Warrior (c) VS. Mr Perfect
Predictable match and too one sided for my liking. Warrior is protected here like Goldberg was by WCW in 97/98.

**1/2

Highlight: Roberts/Dibiase

Verdict: One to advoid really. Jake's match should have ended the tape.

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[MENTION=39]Keith[/MENTION] Your gonna have to start putting dates on these, so it makes it easier for me to search some of these up.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
[MENTION=39]Keith[/MENTION] Your gonna have to start putting dates on these, so it makes it easier for me to search some of these up.

Will try, trouble with releases like BOTS is that it is mixture of matches off different events, for example a lot of matches have come off a MSG house show, but then there are other matches recorded from other places. The matches are post-mania 6.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
2nd Annual Battle of the Superstars

Mooney again hosting this time from an army base does the introductions which are better this time around, love the line "when your grandchildren ask
you if you saw Battle of the Superstars 2 you won't have to say I was watching re-runs of the Simpsons!"

The matches here come mostly from feb-march 1991 in the run up to Wrestlemania but the Warrior match has him still as WWF champion so that must be
from late 90.

A series of funny adverts for WWF action figures are shown, Piper's OTT performance is gold!

Intercontinental Title
Mr Perfect (c) VS. Rowdy Roddy Piper
Very enjoyable contrast of styles, once again the champ shows that he can brawl just as well as wrestle and the two really go at it in a super heated match
. There are some nice spots such as when Piper places the ref on the top turnbuckle out of the way and when he nails Perfect a number of time while using
his trucks as a sling shot to pull the champ back up each time. There are some fine nears falls as the pace picks up towards the end, the count out finish
was a bit silly, but all in all a bit of a treat.

***1/2

The Nasty Boys VS. The Bushwhackers
Forgettable dud.

Bret Hart VS. The Barbarian
This was the start of Hart's singles push and is a pretty solid smaller, skill guy vs. big, heavy hitter encounter. Barbarian actually one of the better big men
workers in that style of this era. The two get quite a lot into a short space of time and it proves a credible victory for Hart.

We get a second Trivia contest this time the questions seem easier maybe they got complaints.

Kaito VS. Jake the Snake Roberts
What was cool about this match is how Jake was the ring general and controlled most of it showing that he was the more experienced of the two and more
used to singles wrestling. At the same time the sneaky tactics and double teaming from the other Orient Express member and Fuji reinforces their strength as
a unit and gets some good heel heat. So its a win-win.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan profile
At the start we are informed that as a kid Hacksaw was known as SEESAW!:DB: Duggan than shows us his collection of boards including one signed by
famous movie stars such WOODY Harrison :lmao and James WOODS! :kaitlyn2:

Duggan VS. Sgt Slaughter - Flag match
This was mostly to build on the Hogan/Slaughter feud, and of course the great American hero was on hand to steal the spotlight, doesn't sound like him
does it? :hhh2: For what it was it wasn't too bad, Duggan looked quite bright, Slaughter sold quite well it slowly went down hill from there.

**1/2

Duggan VS. Smash
Watchable, but rushed big man match.

WWF Title
Macho King VS. The Ultimate Warrior (c)
Senseless squash, Warrior comes in full steam, attacks Savage before the bell and wins in about a minute without reply.

The Million Dollar Man VS. Tugboat
Not only does he out smart him for the win but Dibiase even manages to get a passible match out of Tugboat!

**1/2

Power & Glory and The Warlord VS. The Legion of Doom and The British Bulldog
Bland power man match partly booked to set up the Smith/Warlord mania match. Ends in a lame double DQ.

Highlight: Perfect VS. Piper with the Jake/Kato match a close second.

Verdict: A Tape of two helves with a strong start, it does dip later on, but overall a enjoyable watch. Two good matches and some passible filler
elsewhere also the Duggan profile is more fun than the dull Rhodes one from last time.

Coming up I will be reviewing WWF Hottest Matches.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Who is Woody Harrison?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
How come forgettable DUDs and senseless squashes are getting **?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
How come forgettable DUDs and senseless squashes are getting **?

Because I didn't say they were terrible, only the worse matches should be reserved for one or less stars. Maybe I should not have rated the Warrior squash as it was only a minute and so one sided.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I know I usually just give a solid squash like anywhere between 1/4*-* unless it's like Vader destroying some punk kid.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
That tape looks awful outside of Perfect/Piper, might look that up now.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That tape looks awful outside of Perfect/Piper, might look that up now.

Well you know Savage/Warrior could have been great if not for it being just a minute, those two always had belters. Think they were trying to build something leading up to Macho's retirement where he wasn't quite himself, still senseless!

No love for Jake/Kato? Its one worth checking out.