Jericho's New Book

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pro Wrestling Observer said:
Jericho’s first book, “A Lion’s Tale,â€￾ was the subject of a Huffington Post story on how difficult it is to get books published. Jason Pinter wrote about the book being offered to Grand Central Publishing several years back. He said even though Jericho had an obviously high media profile, the mostly female higher-ups at the book company at the time were negative toward taking the book. He wrote that the only reason the company took the book is that the 15-year-old nephew of one of the company’s senior editors was a Jericho fan. Jericho noted in an interview with Salon.com that he wasn’t aware of any of this until the story broke, noting that Pinter never told him any of those stories. The book briefly cracked the New York Times best seller list and I believe was, with Hogan’s second book and Bret Hart’s book, the most successful non- WWE wrestler book. The next book, called “Undisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps,â€￾ is scheduled for release in February. The article noted Jericho has done most of his writing on airplanes, saying he’s a big fan of watching movies and DVDs on planes but hasn’t watched anything of the past few months because he’s writing his book every chance he gets. He said all of his spare time, even at home, is spent writing, rewriting and editing. He said the book is both about wrestling and performing in a rock band, saying it’s as much a rock and roll book as a wrestling book, saying it’s right now half-and-half, and there is also a decent amount on his experiences in Los Angeles trying to make it as an actor. He said when it comes to wrestling, he doesn’t have anything to be angry about but there are disagreements with Vince McMahon in the book, but “at the end of the day, everyone I write about I have the utmost respect for. You have to watch what you say in certain points but I watched what I said in the first book, too, because I wasn’t coming up to settle any scores or be bitter.â€￾ The article also noted the term “ass clownâ€￾ that Jericho made up years ago was used in the movie “Iron Man 2.â€￾ Jericho said he came up with the term while feuding with Angle, and saying, “You’re an ass....clown,â€￾ and the next week at TV he saw signs in the crowd calling Angle as “ass clownâ€￾ so he went with it .

Excellent news that the next book is out next February. I really enjoyed his first book and it would have to be my favourite wrestling book that I have read. He is very entertaining and informative in the way he writes. Excellent title as well “Undisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps,â€￾

Thoughts? Did you read his first book? Would you buy this one?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Here is the cover;

51qEz1ZMYML.jpg

It will be released on the 16th of February next year.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I read Jericho's first book in about two days, I couldn't put it down and I didn't for longer than I had to, and that's saying a lot considering I don't read very often and don't enjoy it either. But Jericho's book was a fine piece of literature, I will say, and I'm glad I read it cover to cover. I've been looking forward to the follow-up since it was announced there would be one, I want to read the rest of the story from his perspective. I honestly feel this one will be better because it'll be full of stuff more of his fans can relate to because they'll be able to remember it.

Definitely going to be picking this up when it's released.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah this will be more relevant to the current fans since it covers the time from his debut in WWF/E and his work since then plus his Fozzy work and other outside projects. Thinking back it was a genius way to finish his first book with him debuting in WWF/E, it made sure that there would be reason to write a second one.

I hope that it reaches Australia at a similar time to when it is released in the US. Sometimes we have to wait longer to get things like DVD's, tv shows, movies etc. from the US and I hope it isn't the same for this book.