Jericho goes ham on hecklers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Transcript of Jericho's rant:
"...and I did say that I loved the show, I said it was one of my favourite WrestleManias ever, and this is gonna start off a bit of a rant which might piss some people off, but I don't care, I've had enough.
A lot of people are saying that "Jericho's become a corporate shill for the WWE". Let me say this, I don't work for WWE, I don't have any contract with WWE, I'm just a wrestling fan, and I calls 'em like I sees 'em. And I'm telling you right now, you can choose and pick and have an opinion on whoever you want, it doesn't matter to me, it's what wrestling is all about, love this guy, hate this guy, whatever. But when I say "I love Roman Reigns", and I get blasted on Twitter saying "What the hell's wrong with you? You're a corporate shill!" swearing at me and "F! you!" and this, that and the other thing, blah blah blah. It's not being a corporate shill if I have an opinion, okay, and like I said, when I said a couple of weeks ago that if fans don't share my opinion, they can shut the hell up, I didn't mean "Don't have an opinion", I meant "Don't cry to me about it!" I like Roman Reigns, I thought the main event last night was amazing, I thought that Reigns more than held his own, Reigns and Lesnar had a hell of a match.
But, to me, when you say that I'm only a corporate shill because I like Roman Reigns, that's Bullshit. But, what really got me, is watching the Hall of Fame ceremony. And it's this very prestigious, very cool ceremony. You know, you try and train and work your ass off your whole life and hopefully, someday, you would be put into the Hall of Fame. And I know people say "Oh, it's all a work!" but aren't they all a work? The Baseball Hall of Fame's a work, someone has to vote these guys in, and in the WWE, Vince votes these guys in, and he takes a lot of advice from his right hand men, from his court. But to get into the Hall of Fame is a very cool thing, not just ANYBODY gets in there. I mean, look at Randy Savage, it took him 15 years to get in whatever the reason was, and you can go back and listen to Lanny Poffo on TIJ and listen to some of the issues that Vince and Randy Savage had. Or whether it was Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, Bret Hart or all these other guys, that should be in the Hall of Fame and are finally getting in there, after years and years and years. You know, it's like the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, the fact that Deep Purple's not in it is bullshit, and obviously there's some politics against them going in there, and when Green Day's first year and they're voted in there, there's politics working to get them in there.
My point is, the WWE Hall of Fame is legit, it's a legit ceremony. And I'm watching this, and some of the guys are getting cat-called. And some of the guys are getting the "What?" chant, and that really made me mad. As a matter of fact, I went on Twitter and said "F! off" to all the A-Holes that think it's cool to do that What Chant. You know, you don't deserve to be there. And there were actually people who were standing up for those guys, saying "Listen, we pay our money! We pay your salary! We can do whatever we want!" and I say "Absolutely not!" okay? Let's say you went to a Broadway Play, let's say you want to see "Jersey Boys". And you buy your ticket, and so, half way through the show, and they're singing "Sheri", you stand up and you start yelling "BORING! BORING! BORING!" or "End this show! End this show!" or every time one of the guys said a line, you say "What?! What?! What?!" you know, or someone flubs up "You F'd up! You F'd up!" you do not! You do not have the right to do that. Because if you went to a broadway play and if you stood up and interrupted the show, guess what would happen, you would be kicked out, and the other fans and the other people there would tell you to shut the hell up. Okay? If you go to the an NHL Hall of Fame ceremony, of an NBA Hall of Fame ceremony, or NFL Hall of Fame ceremony, and you start cat-calling the guys who have given their blood, sweat and tears to the business, you will be kicked out, and it shows disrespect. You do not have the right to do and say whatever you want at a Hall of Fame ceremony! Because it's a prestigious ceremony, it's a respectful ceremony, and don't tell me that I'm not right about this, because I don't care, if you don't believe this, then you don't deserve to be at the Hall of Fame ceremony. Because people have DIED for this business! They have DIED because of this business, my friends have DIED in this business, Blood, Sweat, Tears, Wheelchairs, Paralyzed for life, Mental issues, Head Trauma. Don't tell me, that every single person who is inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame is not worthy! And do NOT tell me that they don't deserve your respect, for getting this prestigious award and to go on stage and to say a few words and have been given the courtesy to say what they have to say, without getting side-tracked by a couple of morons who think it's funny to go and disrupt the ceremonies. And, like I've said, people have been making fun of it, and if you think you can make a point with me about it, you can't. Because I'll tell you what, and I'm not joking, if the day comes when I'm inducted into the Hall of Fame, and some son of a bitch is trying to steal the show, steal my thunder, I will walk to your seat, and I will slap you in your face! That's how much I believe in this.
The Bushwackers, somebody was saying "Why do they get into the Hall of Fame? They never won the Tag Team Titles!" What's wrong with you, you stupid mark? It's not about that! You see Butch, walking on cains to get to that stage, and STILL putting on a show for YOU? Getting that one last chance to be in front of a sold out crowd, and get the respect he deserves and get the one last cheer for all the hard work he's done, all the time he was away from his family, all the birthdays he missed, all the parties he missed, all the holidays he missed, all the school plays he missed! That is what a Hall of Famer is!
Arnold Schwarzenegger? "What did Arnold Schwarzenegger do get in the WWE Hall of Fame?!" You are missing the point! Yeah, he did three or four appearances on TV, but he is a wrestling fan! He stands up for wrestling! He talks about wrestling, he loves this sport! And if you don't respect Arnold Schwarzenegger for what he's done, Arnold should be in every Hall of Fame ever, just for being Arnold! Bodybuilding? "What did Arnold Schwarzenegger do get in the WWE Hall of Fame?!" What about inspiring everybody who ever picked up a weight?! "What did Arnold Schwarzenegger do get in the WWE Hall of Fame?!" Oh, I don't know, what about Terminator, or Total Recall, or True Lies? Or Commando? Or any other movies we watched growing up and thinking "I want to do that!" I wanna be like that! I wanna look like that! I wanna play a character! I wanna live out my dream, and that's what WWE SuperStars do!
So, everybody that got inducted into the Hall of Fame, absolutely deserved it, and if you don't think so, you shut your mouth, you listen to the speech, you cheer for them, and you enjoy being part of something special. Okay? Because the WWE Hall of Fame is very special, it's a once in a year thing that people who have worked their whole lives want to get in, and if you think you have the right to chant "What?!" or chant "Boring", or cat-call the father of a child who died from cancer, who was a huge wrestling fan, then you need to get out, and don't ever come back to a WWE event. As a matter of fact, if you're one of those people right now who are gonna disagree with me, you're banned from listening to this podcast, you got it? You're banned, you're banned! I love wrestling, I love being a wrestling fan, I love the WWE, I love NJPW, I love TNA, I love Ring of Honour, ECW SMW, WCW, frickin' WFWA ran by Tony Candello in Winnipeg, Canada. I am a wrestling fan, I respect the wrestling business. And if anybody disrespects them because they think they deserve it, because they bought a ticket, you can come face-to-face, come face to face with me, and listen to the dress down that I give you. Now, if this is a wrestling show, you buy a ticket and you can say whatever you want, trust me, I've heard it all as a heel and as a babyface. God bless you man, you say whatever you want, you have the right. You got to a Hall of Fame? It's real, and you show respect. Because those people deserve your respect, and if you don't wanna give it to them? You wanna steal the show and be the jackass of the night? You don't deserve to be there, and I will stand by that to my dying day, and if that makes me a company shill, then I'm a company shill, dammit!"
Cliffs:
- Jericho likes Roman Reigns, just because you don't, don't bitch about it to him and say he's a company shill
- People who shout out at the Hall of Fame are disrespectful
- Everyone who has gone into the WWE Hall of Fame deserve it, regardless if you think they do or not
- The Hall of Fame is a legit ceremony, treat it with some respect, because that is someone's moment that you're ruining
- Just because you "paid for a ticket", doesn't give you the right to make it all about yourself
- If you're at a wrestling show, do whatever you want, at the Hall of Fame, be respectful.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Waste of time to type all that tbh, the people calling him out won't give a fuck about reasoning and sensical thinking.

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I'm not a massive Roman Reigns fan and I'm in the 'he's not ready' camp, but the booing has gotten really irritating, particularly at the HOF. Not the time or place, you could see how annoyed he was and I would be too. He played a fucking blinder at Mania and he didn't get the belt, he's cut out the shitty cheesy promos, yet he still got booed louder than ever on Raw, what the fuck do people want from him.

Reactions: Deezy

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Jesus, I couldn't agree much more with Chris Jericho here. These new millennial fans treat everything like it's an open forum like Facebook. Show some fuckin' respect for something YOU'D never be able to accomplish instead of just bein' an asshole based on your own opinions. Be a human, be a gentleman if you actually cared or respected an art-form you like watchin' you should act in such a way that represents that. This is mostly towards the Hall of Fame comments but I did fuckin' hate the way the crowd tried to hijack Raw after Mania this year without a real reason to do so(sometimes there are reasons to do so like the CM Punk chants or YES! stuff). You aren't awesome, shut up and support the talent in the ring. I didn't tune in to Raw to see a bunch of obnoxious fans, I tuned into to see talented athletes put on a show.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deezy

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I also fucking hate cheering for the fucking heels because it ruins them as heels FUCK! It's one thing to cheer for something like Rollins cashing in and stuff because it was just a surreal moment and all, but booing a heel does so much more than cheering for them because everyone can't be Steve Austin.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I pretty much agree with him in regards to the Hall of Fame stuff because I believe the "What?" chants were not necessary at all. It was disrespectful to the men and women who were getting inducted that night. The fans there should have understood that that night was not about trying to get themselves over, but for those legends earning their right to be inducted. It was their night, not the fans night.

Reaction score
I dont follow wjericho enough to know if he's a corporate shill but I swaer hes said some negative stuff on there choices.
He called them out on messing up with ryback and I think he said they messed with daniel bryan aswell

The thing iss wwe is pushed to be fan involvement much more than any other show in the world so you will have some who take it too far. In wwe some feel everything is part of the show

They etter not mess up and have any of the show happen at the cermony like someone get attacked

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
There was a couple drunk idiots at the HOF this year who got thrown out, security was super tight! There were signs all over the place saying that there are no warnings, and you will be asked to leave. They also stopped serving alcohol at like 630pm, which was probably to help stop hecklers.

IMO, There weren't many boo's, what chants, or anything other than positive cheers. I suppose its possible I just missed them. Though, Larry Zbyszko had what felt like the longest speech ever. The HOF went LONGER then WM did, and thats cray cray.