JBonez Evaluates The 2010 WWE Draft

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
In this blog/column, I'm going to grade the success of each of guys that were drafted. I'm going to try and keep my personal bias thoughts out of this.

A

Kelly Kelly: Smackdown This was a good move for her. She wasn't doing anything on Raw. And with Mickie now gone from WWE, she'll serve as the 2nd top face on the roster having multi-tag matches with Beth. She'll eventually find her way to the title scene. I can see her holding the title for a short period of time. The divas have been boring for a long time so I could care less.

Edge: Raw Keeping this one short. Edge stays in the main event. His face run has been pretty bad so far. There's some good heels on Raw for him to work with. Like Show, I don't know if he's heel or face. But with a feud with Orton being foreshadowed, I stand by my judgement that Orton loses a loser leaves Raw match.

Kofi Kingston:
Smackdown This was one of my personal favorite draftees. There was nothing left for Kofi on Raw. When he was champ, he beat the entire mid card numerous times. It would have been pointless to send him back there. But it was also dumb for them to build him up so big against Orton, only to have him be jobber to the stars. But him on SD is a good turn of events. With them short on main eventers, he can be a big player. After one of 2 mid card feuds, he'll be back in the main event.

Christian: Smackdown I'm a little iffy on this one. As much as I want Christian to be higher up the card than he is, truth is, he isn't. His debut was lackluster. He had the best booking as champ during his time on ECW. But he lost the title, and was forgotten on Raw. But again, with the SD lacking main eventers, this should be Christian's time to shine. He could be shot right into the main event scene. Swagger doesn't have faces apposing him right now. They can play up on their history on ECW. Between Christian and Big Show (depending on if he's a face or heel) are the top 2 shoe in's to go into a program with Swagger 1st. Which leads me to the next and final A.

Big Show Smackdown I'm confused on what he is right now. I don't know if he's a heel or face. Going off what happened last years draft, he'd still be a heel. Miz attacked Morrison at last years draft and he stayed a heel while Morrison went on to start his horrible face run. So, if Show is a heel, he'll be the monster main event heel on the show. If he's face, between he and Christian will be Swagger's next challenger. He's already seen the title picture more than enough times. I'm not a big fan of Show so I'm not really looking forward to what he's going to do. But at least he's out of Miz's hair now.

B​

John Morrison and R-Truth:
RAW Since both of these guys were drafted at the same, it's pretty clear they are keeping them as a team. I don't see either of them making it to the main event scene anytime soon. The Raw roster was stacked with main eventers. It appears to me that they'll be back on the "same old shit" wagon for a while. But the good thing about these 2 still teaming is that they have a good back up plan. If they fail in the US title chase, they have the tag titles. If they fail in the tag title chase, they have the US title. It's a win/win for them.

Chris Jericho: Raw Jericho, Jericho, Jericho. I thought he would be staying on SD this draft. I was rather surprised to see him get drafted. But with him going to Raw, I see him leaving the main event scene and it's back to the upper mid card. If he does indeed do that, it would have been better for him to stay on SD. There, he can help the mid card guys (since there's a lot of them now) get elevated to the main event scene.

Cody Rhodes:
Smackdown Another personal favorite move of mine. I was hoping he wouldn't get pushed to the side during the Legacy split. Like Kofi, I was hoping the reason he wasn't doing anything was because he was being drafted. He has the potential to be something big. But I think his size will come into factor. He can be a solid mid card act, slowly moving higher up the card. But I see him being focused in the mid card picture. Drew sucks as champ. He's boring. Ziggler is busy with Hornswaggle. So I'm all for Cody being the next heel IC champ.

Goldust: Raw Goldust rejuvinated his career on ECW. He had some good matches with the younger guys. So I see him playing the same role here. Mid card guy that helps talent and puts them over. He could also be randomly put with someone and go in the tag title scene as well.

Chris Masters: Smackdown I forgot this guy was even drafted. He'll just be another mid card face. Quite possibly doing something with KellyKelly and being in the IC title hunt.

The Hard Dynasty: Raw There's limited tag teams in the E right now. So I see them beating random put together tag teams. They can go on both shows now so they'll be doing the same thing they've been doing. Just they'll be featured more.

C

The Great Khali: Raw Didn't he say he was leaving? Why was he part of the draft? I even hear that the week after he said he was leaving, he randomly showed up on Raw. He'll just be the joke to mess with the guest host and provide commedy. Same thing he's been doing.

Chavo Guerrero: Smackdown He'll continue to job. On a plus side for him, Hornswaggle is now feuding with Ziggler. So that could either mean Chavo can go do his thing in the ring, or he'll just end up teaming with Ziggler. But one thing's for sure, he'll go back to being Vicki's bitch again.

Ezekiel Jackson Raw Anther guy I forgot was drafted. Once he returns, he'll be lost in the shuffle.

F

Hornswaggle:
Smackdown:smh

Rosa Mendez:
Smackdown Jobber to the top 4 girls they have there. Either that or valet.

Dark Horse[/B

Natalya Raw Depending on what she does will play a factor. Either she'll continue to stay on sidelines or she'll get in the ring. I'm hoping she gets in the ring. It's a shame that they are keeping her out of it. She can be a big player in the women division.

MVP: Smackdown MVP is back on the brand that made him great. His 1st run their was pretty good. Since being moved to Raw, he did nothing. Forgettable "feud" with Swagger and Miz. Forgettable on again off again partnership with Mark Henry. His entire Raw run was forgettable. Now that he's back on SD, he can either be a big player, or continue to be forgettable. His face run hasn't been that good. And with SD lacking big time heels, MVP could step up and fill in that last spot. From his Raw booking I don't know where they're going with him.

Final Thoughts

This years draft imo wasn't that great. Raw got a lot of big time names while SD was raped. But I see this as a blessing in disguise. With SD lacking main eventers, they have a lot of guys who with small booking, can step up to fill the void that left from the big guys leaving. Raw on the other hand looks like it'll go through the "same old shit" phase again (with the exception of Sheamus). They have Cena, Tista, Edge, Orton, Jericho, Triple H (although he's out at the moment) and Sheamus. They're main event scene is stacked. I don't see anyone moving up that far any time soon.

What did you think? Feedback is welcome.

seeit

Reaction score
Excellent comments, well reasoned. Interesting to see how those switching brands are used.