Jay-Z disses Drake

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
On Sunday, Jay Z finally addressed comments Drake made about the Brooklyn MC in a Rolling Stone interview, according to Hip Hop DX.

In that interview, Drake said that Jay couldn't rap any verses without making any art references.

"It's like Hov can't drop bars these days without at least four art references," Drake says in the article. "I would love to collect [art] at some point, but I think the whole Rap/art world thing is getting kind of corny."

Jay Z addressed those comments in a verse on Jay Electronica's "We Made It," where he clearly called out the Toronto rapper.

"Sorry Mrs. Drizzy for so much art talk," Jay Z raps on the track. "Silly me, rappin' 'bout shit that I really bought / While these rappers rap about guns that they ain't shot / And a bunch of other silly shit that they ain't got."

Jay Z rarely disses rappers by name at this point in time so it'll be interesting to see if the YMCMB rapper responds back.

This isn't the only trouble that Drake has had to deal with since his interview with Rolling Stone. The rapper had to drop his PR firm ID-PR after the rapper went off on Twitter about losing his Rolling Stone cover to the recently deceased Philip Seymour Hoffman.

This was reported by music magazine Billboard, who said Drake began working with the firm to take care of publicity for the rapper's third album "Nothing Was The Same," along with publicity for his "Would You Like A Tour?" shows.

According to reports, ID asked for the split rather than the rapper. Drake had problems with the article also because of an alleged comment he made dissing Kanye West's album "Yeezus."

ID said in a statement that they wished the rapper best in his future endeavors.

"Drake is an incredibly talented artist and we're proud of our results for 'Nothing Was The Same' and Would You Like A Tour? We wish him the best," the statement said.

After Drake's "comments" in Rolling Stone, some may have guessed that his cold war with West was still going on. Apparently though, there is no beef between the two since the "Bound 2" rapper made a surprise appearance at a recent Drake concert in Germany.

Rolling Stone said that West came up from a lift onto the stage as the beat to West's single "Black Skinhead" blared through the sound system.
West rapped the song under a red spotlight while Drake danced around to the song. After the performance was over Drake cleared up all the rumors by saying West was his friend.

"I want you to understand, this is my dear friend," he said. "This is the reason why I'm standing in front of you today. This is the mentor. This is the god. This is the genius of all geniuses. This is the man that is Kanye motherf----ng West."
As much as I like Drake, Jay got him here.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is the "rap/art world thing" that Drake is referring to there?

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is the "rap/art world thing" that Drake is referring to there?
Rappers collecting art and making art references in their songs.

For example, Jay-Z had a song called "Picasso Baby" In the song he also referenced other famous artists.

Orobin Thor

Reaction score
Can't say I'm not surprised by Drake's PR company dropping him. After the Rolling Stone bs, he deserved it.

I don't like Jay Z about as much as I don't like Drake. For Jay-Z, other reasons, like putting hands to a 15 year old girl for taking a cell phone picture of him in the hallway of the building after a concert. It was all over youtube some 4 to 5 years ago, but has since been removed.

Jay Z rapping about art is ridiculous. I am not knocking him for making his money, but now I see him trying to create a new trend in the genre post drug-rap era. I, for one, don't see it working, but stranger things have happened.