James Sloane vs. Oli Cross

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
CQC-Eight-12.png

Championship
Tournament First Round Match
James Sloane vs. Oli Cross

CQCJSloane-S1.png
VS.
CQCOCross-S1.png

#CQCCT

@Rogue @Dojo

Deadlines
❂ Remember that role-plays are to be received no later than 11:59 PM EST on Saturday, Jan 28th, 2017 to avoid point deduction.

Last edited:

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z

The arena's lights dim, as the heavy intro of Broken Bones by CRX comes in, the lights flash a multitude of colours to the beat. As the vocals kicks in, James Sloane bursts out from the gorilla position to a loud pop. Sloane takes a moment to sit cross-legged at the top of the ramp, focused on the ring. He then stands and heads for the ring. He rolls under the bottom rope and heads to the nearest corner, he takes a moment and climbs to the second turnbuckle where he poses for the crowd. He drops down from the second rope and is handed a live microphone from a ringside attendant. He proceeds to sit in the middle of the ring, looking up the entrance ramp as the music fades.

de0ded3137920f734657e6df4e564b9c5193cb25_hq.gif

Sloane raises the microphone to speak.

"It has been far, far too long."

Sloane pauses to let the crowd get their cheers in for Sloane's return to in-ring action for the first time since mid 2015.

"It is no secret that I haven't wrestled in over a year and half. It's no secret that competing in NGW killed my passion for the business. It's no secret that I didn't want to come back to pro wrestling. But, it was about this time last month when I was contacted by Michael to see if I was interested in returning to wrestling by being one of the first names to sign with Supreme International Grappling. Ever since then, I have had one question in the back of my mind. Can I still go? Can I still hang with the best of the best? I'm about five minutes away from finding out the answer to that question."

Sloane points toward the ramp.

"In about five minutes, a young kid by the name of Oli Cross is gonna part those curtains, and step out on that ramp. And then he is gonna walk down to this ring, step between these ropes, and grab a microphone. From what little I have seen of him, he'll start by saying that he is some hungry independent up and comer, he'll talk about his passion and how it borders on the verge of psychotic obsession. Then he'll probably point to my age, and how long it's been since I've wrestled and call me rusty. Then he'll probably make some cliche comparison to Old Yeller and say that he'll take me out back and put a bullet in my brain."

"But here is the difference between myself and other guys in situation who have decided to return after a hiatus. They'll talk about testing themselves and they'll talk about ring rust. But me? I don't believe in that. Ring rust doesn't exist. There is no such thing as ring rust to me. There is only rust if you completely stop training. But that isn't mean. I still train. I train harder than I ever had before. Ring rust is nothing but a mental weakness. Every single day I have pushed myself harder and further than I did a year ago. If you come out here thinking I'm at the level I was back in NGW, you'd be wrong. I feel stronger, I feel tougher, I feel better than I ever did in that cesspool."

Sloane stands up and begins pacing back and forth in the ring.

"Now that I'm back in a ring a proper ring in front a of a hot crowd, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss this. I now realise that I missed doing this more than I thought. I'm more excited for Cross to come out here and for that bell to ring than I have been for any other match I've ever had. It feels good to back."

"Now, Cross, I'm sure your gonna wanna come out and here say something about how you'll take those feelings away and leave me nothing more than a broken man. I hope you try, I hope you come out with intent to kill. Because that intent is the only way you are gonna be able stop me and keep me down. Because if you don't stop my heart from beating Cross, I'll just keep coming. And that moment where you think you have got me down and out is the moment where I knee you in the face so hard, it'll scramble your brains, send shock waves through your body and leave you motionless on the mat. That is the kind of threat that I possess. That is what I am capable of Cross. What are you?"

Sloane steps back into his corner, awaiting the arrival of his opponent.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno

The somber song begins to play, blanketing any noise the crowd generated for Sloane. Cross slowly makes his entrance as the stage lights start flickering maniaclly. Cross doesn't take his sights off of Sloane as he enters the ring. He retrieves a microphone, makes his way over to Sloane, and plops right down in front of him.

Forgive me.

Oli says in a hush tone. He looks Sloane up and down, and then gently places his hand on Sloane's right shoulder.

I don't want to do this, Sloane. Facing you, it's the last thing I want to do. But I can't think of any other way to honor you.

That's right. You want to paint me as a psychotic maniac, who wants to hurt you? No no no, that's not me. My goal isn't to get walk into a battle, trash someone, and hope I walk out the victor. I would never say anything that would negate the legacy you have crafted for yourself. You're a mighty fine warrior, Sloane. A King amongst death matches. Ring rust, age? Those thoughts never even crossed my mind. This may be a new start for you, and this may be my first outing. But make no mistake about it, I know what I came out here to do.

What am I? I am but a man, aspiring to become one with my opponents. To carry out their legacy, I must make them my own. The name Sloane will live on forever, through me! That is the highest honor I can think of. It isn't an unhealthy obsession, vying for titles, grasping for fame and welth? Those are unhealthy obsessions. What I aim for, is possessions. Something that cannot be taken away from me. You can take away titles, and money never lasts. Taking your legacy, your name, your spirit? That is permanent.

What am I?
I am me.
But after tonight?
I will also be you.​

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Sloane brushes his opponents hand off of his shoulder and smiles at Cross as he steps forward.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised. But I'm not sure if I heard that right. You want to be me? You want to be apart of me? That's sick on an entirely new level. If you honestly think you more than just another depraved maniac calling themselves a wrestler, then you're kidding yourself. If you honestly think that you operate on a different wavelength to those freaks who want to cause pain or want pain caused to them, you're wrong. You are no different. You say you don't want to hurt me, but surely you must realise to do that, you're gonna have to do a hell of a lot more than just hurt me. Even a victory over me here tonight, it wouldn't take away from my legacy. The only way you'll be me, the only way you'll strip my legacy away, is if you kill me so I can't come back to rip your beating heart out of your chest."

"You thinking fame, money, wanting titles is an unhealthy obsession? I'd say wanting to be someone else certainly tops those on the unhealthy scale. Recognition and accomplishments, sure they can be taken away, but that passion, that burning desire to take them back is what drives me. And if that is "unhealthy" to you, I don't want to be healthy. All I've thought about since I've made the decision to return to the squared circle is, can I still be on top? Now that I have gotten a look deep into your eyes, right into your very soul. I have my answer. Yes, yes I can. Once that referee rings that bell, I'm gonna prove to you, to everyone else in this tournament, to everyone in CQC, to everyone SIG that I can still be on top."

Sloane takes a moment to laugh before he continues, his confidence building as he speaks.

"If you think you can be me, you're wrong. There is only one James Sloane. There will only ever be one James Sloane. And you know why that is, Cross? You said it yourself, you should know. I'm a warrior, but I do believe "mighty fine" is a bit of understatement of who I am. I am a determined warrior that is prepared to tear anyone that opposes me in this tournament to shreds. As you stand there with that look in your eye, pretending like you don't want to be here, but I know you can't wait for that bell to ring. I can feel it. You wanna put your hands on me, you wanna throw fists. I say throw 'em. Because when you do, you'll quickly find that you are extremely outmatched."

"Or maybe, just maybe, you truly don't want to be here. Curious. Why would a man that has no desire to hurt people enter this business? Why would a man like that even step into the ring? Either your scared knowing that you are outmatched against a man like me or maybe it's some kind of mind games. In either case, you're little trick will prove useless against me. I've seen it all a thousand times, I'll see it a thousand times again once Oli Cross is a forgotten name."

Sloane inches closer to Cross.

"Oli Cross, you are no one. You will always be a no one. Maybe that is why you want to take everything from me and wear it as your own. But, Oli Cross, know this. You are not worthy to carry my name. You are not worthy to carry my legacy. You aren't even worthy enough to lace up my boots."

Sloane stands face to face with his opponent, staring him down.

"I am prepared to kill. Are you prepared to die?"

Sloane drops this microphone as he backs into the corner and proceeds to sit cross-legged in the bottom corner.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Cross rises to his feet

That arrogance, that ego. That is what I seek. You're a man who is adulated by these spectators whilst you only care about getting yourself ahead. It's quite a rare sight, but it's what attracts me to you. I want to understand you, where you're coming from.

Cross tilts his head, also sporting a sadistic smile

I want to know what drives you, what keeps you going, and what makes you tick. And the only way to do that, is to become one with you.

Don't get me wrong, Sloane. Just because I do not wish to harm you, doesn't mean I don't want to be here. It's quite the contrary infact. You may be the first opponent that I am trying to merge with, but you won't be the last. And CQC is the best platform in order for me to understand the people who look across from me.

Please do not get upset, Sloane. Just because you're not going to be the only person I set my sights on, doesn't make you any less special. Nobody forgets their first, especially when it's to bond on this kind of level. This is a night to remember.

I may be a nobody, Sloane. Nobody knows who I am, nobody has heard of me. Nobody understands me, and it is a burden I must live with. Thankfully for you, you have me. That isn't the case for you, because not only will I understand you-- I will sacrifice myself in your honor.

Cross going to die tonight, Sloane. Sloane will walk out of here, but it won't be you that will be the one leaving.

No, that honor is all of mine. Sloane.​

Last edited: